Which is better for #2?

• Total voters

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Which type of diaper is better for #2 (pooping/messing/soiling)? Diapers that have tapes or pull-up style diapers?

Reactions: HappyChopper
Nappies with tapes for convenience but I wear cloth nappies and plastic pants prefer those when able to wash

bigtoddler96 said:
Which type of diaper is better for #2 (pooping/messing/soiling)? Diapers that have tapes or pull-up style diapers?
I wear cloth nappies. Both types.

Tricky question.

For my experiene and feelings about it:

As someone who used to go #2 in underpants before being able to secretly buy nappies (and sometimes still do use my pants) and has tried pull ups too I can say there is a definite difference and feel.

Nappies do seem to make it almost a little harder, there is more pressure against your bottom than pull ups (and pants) especially if they are already wet, which means less available room and the need to push a little more to get a full BM out if it is very firm.

Whereas thinner items like pull ups seem to move out of the way a bit more to make space for the mess and also make it more noticeable that you have gone both from outside perspective and in your own head.

There is also the psycholgical side of things whereby a nappy feels natural, they are designed to be used like this but a pull up/underwear feels more like it is supposed to be kept clean and is only for smaller accidents.

At the end of the day though I'd have to say a nappy is best purely because they tend to cover a larger area so they feel less likely that it will escape out the sides and although pull up sides can be ripped to open it up I still feel it is much easier to clean up when using a taped nappy.

Reactions: TheGrimmRetails
If you're looking for an objective answer, diapers with tapes are better to use for #2.

(Subjectively, I prefer pull-ups for regression purposes.)

Reactions: James1234
I've done plenty in both. Never had any problems with either. My vote would be a diaper with tapes just because the seat is larger.

Diapers with tape, I believe. Mainly because these tend to be wider between the legs and on the bottom, which should protect against possible leaks. In my experience, #2 in a pull-up + sitting down = some poop outside the diaper.

Reactions: bigtoddler96
I've done #2 in cloth, pull-ups and tape on. Definitely tape on are the only way for me to enjoy a messy diaper, especially since I love to sit and squish and squirm. Too much of a pain to rinse out cloth diapers and don't even get me started on pull-ups.

I usually go in pull-on diapers, I haven't tried diapers with tapes yet.

I agree with Belarin about pull-on diapers, they stretch, so they give thee a lot of space for going.

The bulge is very noticeable for thee, but it still remains unnoticed if thou art cautious with thy clothes. The pull-on nappy stretches somehow between thy legs and thou canst feel the bulge caressing thy butt and legs while thou movest, which it's great 🥰

Take in consideration, however, that if the mess is very big and thou sittest down, thou riskest staining thy clothes and there's always some risk of leaking, so even if the diaper can hold it incredibly well, walking and squishing slowly is always recommended.

If thou dostn't want that kind of risks and thou hast enough privacy, play safe and use diapers with tapes 😁

Last edited:
A good old cloth is best

I can positively say tape on diapers are best for #2s. The leg cuffs contain any and all messes very well. And if that's not enough, a good fitting diaper will have a higher rise in the back preventing blowouts through the back, though it can never happen unintentionally. You'll be fully protected.

I have no problem with a nice mess in a pull-up, plenty of room for a large mess,

chamberpot said:
I have no problem with a nice mess in a pull-up, plenty of room for a large mess,
Yea, sometimes it is nice to go back to pullups to remember where you came from. I remember one of my best messes ever was in a goodnight when I was still living with my parents.

Reactions: jakenappy
bigtoddler96 said:
I feel like you gotta be physically small to fit into XL goodnites and mess them. I use to be able to. Not anymore. I grew a bit.

Back