diapers on plane

I agree that thick, high-capacity diapers are the way to go. I often fly trans-pacific and transatlantic, and always in thick diapers without issues.

Reactions: Diprs2
I Flew from plotland Oregon to Texas and from there to Brittin. IT was around 15hours of flying. i have sleep incontinence due to a issue my doc can't seem to figure out. I was able to stay awake and dry from Portland to Texas but not from Texas to Brittin.
My recommendation is this.

1.Game plane and airport bathrooms.
First keep all your family's incontinence supplies in one bag and keep it as a carry on. Your kids don't sound disabled so they should be able to change in and out of goodnights pull ups in the ordinary bathroom stall. If their afraid of publicly disposing their pullups as i would be too i would recommend keep some small garbage bags in your carry on and store the used incontinent products in there until you can get through the line for the family rest room where you can dispose of them privity. That's what i did and it worked out and no one was the wiser. Oh, i also almost forgot. Get changed before getting on the plane so you dont have to wait an hour after takeoff to use the rest room. dont know why but it took forever for that unbuckle light to turn off lol.

2. airplane bathrooms.
When i was on my way to Brittin i ended up leaking late in the morning. I admittedly had too much to drink on the flight and would end up paying the price. Note, limit fluid intake! The more you drink the more you pee, its just science. I would recommend you wake up your kids and have them change when the majority of the cabin is asleep. Remember to keep the diaper bag on you so you can hand it of to them when they go to change. Now when i woke up and noticed i was wet where i shouldn't have been wet i knew i had to go change before landing or it would be a sad day for myself. i grabed my diaper bag and went to the bathroom and changed my self. when you're in there you'll see a TINY little square garbage can built into the skink countertop. I was able to fit a soaked M size North Shore Mega Max in it but i had to feed it in stretched out and unfolded cuz the hole was small. be sure to let your kids know that so they dont panic like i did. After i got changed i couldn't find the garbage can in the bathroom and had to put my diaper in a garbage bag and put it in my carry on. Luckly my mom told me there was a garbage can in there and described what it looked like, and then told me to just shove it in there lol. Nerv's can make the obvious not so obvious so you might want to go over this with your kids, so they have an idea of what to do as well.

But yea after all that i had a good flight. the trip was bad tho. i ended up running out of diapers in Vienna Austria and had to go the pharmacy and get some. Lucky a cute girl my age was there and spoke English and was able to help me. they only had attends which was a bumber. But the German brand attends are at least a little better than the American ones. Regardless after that i had to regulate my fluid intake before bed but even then, the attends leaked on me so my mom made me tell the hotel staff i may have ruined their bed and to ask how much it would cost to cover damages... thk mom.... good memories lol jk. Overall, just be sure you bring enough for your trip and learn from my experience, and you should be fine :)

best of luck!

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and diaperedmom
yes, unless you drink a lot of water a megamax and a booster should last 8-12 hours on the plane.

Also pack with your diapers in a special bag for the trip the airline will allow it to come free as medical supplies.

• Love
Reactions: Teddy02, Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and 1 other person
For the male gender, a McGuire urinal works great for international travel. SFO to SYD is where I use this wonderful appliance and a leg bag and don't have to worry about long seatbelt sign illuminations of issues while sleeping. Very comfortable and discrete.

Reactions: Diprs2
Good luck changing in economy and premium toilets. The disabled ones in economy and premium will be disgusting same with the normal ones. Upperclass toilets are reasonably large but would still be a struggle to change. But atleast they would be really clean

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Diprs2
Hey. This sounds like a big fear and concern for you and you for your kids. My best input would be tell them what to expect as far as being asked questions or what not. Definitely try to go thru security dry because if your diaper is wet it pops up big time in the scanner. As far as in flight you can always talk to the flight attendant that is in your section of the plane discreetly and tell them you situation. They are usually all very receptive and understanding with trying to help and make things better and easier. When it comes to in the airport I’d have maybe y’all’s Cary on weather it be a small bag or backpack with a couple changes and supplies to have with you. Idk if this helped any but feel free to message me if I can help anymore or anything.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Y'all realize that you are replying to a thread started over a month ago right? The OP's flight likely has already happened.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Flown many times wearing a nappy and plastic pants, never had a problem with airport security, even when wet.
All these stories about the scanner seeing your nappy wet or dry, load of crap.
The body scanner is there for metal objects.

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude and PadPhilosopher
Hi

I'm only replying because I've flown from Manchester airport here in the UK and you mentioned Gatwick. I was going to Amsterdam.

Through Manchester security the guy asked if I had a doctors note about my incontinence and I walked off when he did. Over here we have the NHS and how did this security guy actually think I how and why I was wearing!! If I had metal in my body, fair enough to get through the metal detectors, but never broken a bone and I have nothing metal in me.

Carrying on through the airport it was clear there was a guy with a dog walking the opposite way to everyone else having gone through security. So it was pretty obvious that the security guy had arranged a drugs dog to check me out.

I had no problems on the way back. I've not tried with a bag, but my bag fill up very quickly and that's not a viable option for me.

I'd say back a few extra spare, just in case. Next time, if I meet his type again, I'll be asking if he checks babies diapers/nappies and if he wants a doctors note, I'll be expecting a qualified medical proffesional to continue the conversation with.

I've heard that some people have been asked to remove their diaper and then put another one that they've searched. I'm hoping that something both you and I never experience.

Good luck!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Everything about this is suspect.

• Love
Tony said:
Flown many times wearing a nappy and plastic pants, never had a problem with airport security, even when wet.
All these stories about the scanner seeing your nappy wet or dry, load of crap.
The body scanner is there for metal objects.
The old scanner will detect metal, but the new scanners will show up anything bulky that you are wearing. I travel to NZ every year and wear a pull-up through the scanner. I tried a tabbed nappy and they stopped me so I asked them. My metal hip and knee don’t show up in the new scanners. I just got a quick pat-down and was on my way.
On the plane I change to a tabbed nappy as I sleep for the long section to Dubai (16-17 hours). I have walked down the isles carrying an uncovered nappy and nobody even notices. I think I do look a bit bulky around the waist though.

splootbutt said:
Everything about this is suspect.
Especially since I think I remember her saying she was DL in the recent past, and her kids found her stash. I usually remember these things. Constantly asking for DMs? Yeah.....I don't know the angle, but something is weird here.

Reactions: splootbutt
Just plan on being back roomed and having to explain and the possibility of TSA not being discreet as it will be entertaining for some assholes. TSA made a 90 year old women remove her diaper in view of public and a cancer patient in there 30 was ousted by the agent if you can call them that "he's wearing a diaper". There is absolutely no professionalism in an individual that knows they can't be fired. Individuals often mules for drug smuggling use adult diapers as a way to make surging uncomfortable for drug inforsmet agents. If you need a diaper make shore you change right before you go into a body scanner have a spare with you and they might make you change especially if you wet your diaper before the scan. I'd call the airport and just say your incontinent and need diapers and ask if you can be screened privately.

Back