Diapers keep splitting

Lumos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Why do all my diapers split open in the rear on the inside, wet or dry? Am I putting them on too tight? Very annoying especially when the pulp comes out. This happens with both Rearz and Tykables. Thoughts?

Worn tons of Rearz and never had that happen. Is it the plastic or the inside barrier that is splitting? My guess is you are tapping them on too tight.

The inside barrier.

Dang that’s weird. I’ve had very few times that I have split the plastic of cheaper thinner diapers but never the inside.

It happened to me with ID Slip Expert Plus and Super . Tapinhbwas done normally, maybe tight but nothing to much. When bended,split happened in back due to weak plastic. Discontinued purchase of those diapers after several ocassions.

That's a weird one. Have you got in touch with any of the manufacturers? That sounds like a defect unless you're somehow trying to put them on so tight you're cutting off circulation to you're legs. To be fair worst failure I have had is a leak or bad tape so not got much experience with this sort of thing but browsing here I don't see many internal failures like what you describe. (I did once manage to rip inner material of a megamax but fairly sure this was the direct result of something I did and not the product it's self)

Some creams will cause them to come apart on the inside, I know for myself I have to be careful not to put barrier cream too thick between my legs of rearz inspire will separate and Betterdry will literally fall apart

Reactions: Lumos and GatoChihuahua
Do you have a desk job? I could see if you are sitting a lot and turning and rotating that you put it under unusual stress which causes them to fail. The only time I've had one split was when it was well used and I have been doing a lot of sitting.

It sounds like you are wearing a diaper that is too small for you and you are tapping it on too tight.

Reactions: Lumos and BobbiSueEllen
Pantyman said:
Do you have a desk job? I could see if you are sitting a lot and turning and rotating that you put it under unusual stress which causes them to fail. The only time I've had one split was when it was well used and I have been doing a lot of sitting.
I do sit a lot as I have a desk job, and it happens with every size I've tried...

Tundra1975 said:
It sounds like you are wearing a diaper that is too small for you and you are tapping it on too tight.
It happens with every size I've tried...

I'm usually a medium, but it's also happened with large sizes. I will def try to tape it looser. Thanks for the input, everyone!

Last edited:
Either you are attaching the tapes (probably the lowers) too tight (or if at their limit, you're wearing too small of a diaper) or you are damaging them with your clothing. I've had diapers that otherwise would be ok for all day split right down the middle in the back due to getting worn and weakebed by the crotch seam in my jeans after extended wear and activity. Or it could be a combination of the two. But most likely your lower tapes are too tight. (and you're splitting them when bending over?)

I also occasionally want a "more snug feel" from my diaper, but in the end it just ends up being uncomfortable or ripping a tape or something, so I just ease back and go for a more "relaxed fit". If you want that snug feel all the time, it's going to be really rough on your diapers - they're disposable and just not designed to be that sturdy.

After years of diapers I've decided to jiust stick with snug but comfortable. They don't fail, are less likely to leak, I can get more capacity out of them, and they're comfy. And that helps me get the moist enjoyment out of being diapered 24/7. I'll still occasionally tape up something extra snug for the novelty of it, but I'm not expecting anything else ouf of it for the short while I have it on.

It also depends what you're doing while diapered. If Daddy takes me to the playground and I spend a bunch of time on the slides, the padding over my bottom tends to split right at the cleft.

Jason's point on creams is true. Daddy tends to put Vaseline on my peeper and pooper when I'm wearing overnight, and the lining tends to split up front where it meets the standing leakguards (usually to the left, for some reason). This doesn't happen when I'm just powdered, like when I'm wearing during the day.

Either try a larger size or switch to cloth diapers, which I much prefer.

Back