Diapers and depression

matt1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I like to wear diapers. I know I know shocking. I like to wear for multiple reasons. The shame and embarrassment of diapers is a major turn on to me but diapers helps me emotionally to. I'm not saying I have a history of the depression like I don't have and medical reasons for depression. This past week was the one year anniversary of my mother's passing and I wore off and on all last week. For whatever reason diapers keeps me anchored emotionally. Just letting go of just that little bit of adulthood it helps. It be came a tool for me if I'm not having a good day.

Reactions: TigerDL, dogboy and LainIsLain
That's good to hear. There is nothing wrong with using anything at your disposal to help yourself feel better. Especially if such a method is safe and healthy like diapers are. Sorry to hear about your momma, losing loved ones is never easily.

I do have depression issues as well and diapers help to a certain extent. It's amazing how much they help with inducing a sense of security, a sense of emotional grounding, for me.

"It's easy to get buried in the past when you try to make a good thing last"
~Neil Young

Reactions: TigerDL and perlFerret
That is a perfectly acceptable way to cope, they definitely make me feel at ease and so do forget about some of my worries when I wear.

If you feel comfortable wearing diapers, then keep it up. I am wishing you the best of luck.

Reactions: perlFerret
I find it relatively common that people in this scene use diapers and/or age regression to cope with depression, trauma, mental illness, etc. I have bipolar depression and agere has become a major positive coping mechanism for me.

Like others have said, I also feel very safe and calm when I am diapered. It reminds me of a time that I barely have memories of where I didn't have to worry about anything. My anxiety and depression started relatively early in my life and it had only gotten more severe, with trauma tossed in as well.

Sitting in my diaper with a paci, watching a comfort show from my childhood and coloring or just snuggled up with a plushie makes me feel grounded and safe.

I am so sorry for your loss, that must be so difficult for you and I can't imagine what you must be going through. Big big hugs.

Thank you. Mom and me was close. So ya this was a hard one. The funny thing with me and diapers is it the one thing that keeps me away alcohol. I don't like felling of being drink and I think that is the little in me I wish it worked on smoking but maybe one day soon. Some times I feel that my little side kind of acts as my conscience. I hope that doesn't sound crazy. I like to imagine my little side looking up disappointed if I did something wrong or stopped. Does it always work? No but it's that small amount of childlike innocence that help keeps me grounded. Sorry I know this part of the form is meant for talking about diapers.

Back