Diapered while boarding plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Incontinent
It been a while since this topic has been brought up and was wondering if anyone wearing diapers has boarded and flown a plane? Vacations,etc?

Reactions: Spottypuppy5
Inconjr said:
It been a while since this topic has been brought up and was wondering if anyone wearing diapers has boarded and flown a plane? Vacations,etc?
I am planning on traveling within the US and have heard horror stories of incontinent people been given a hard time due to having to wear diapers.

Inconjr said:
I am planning on traveling within the US and have heard horror stories of incontinent people been given a hard time due to having to wear diapers.
Ive never flown within the US, I just drive

I have. It’s no big deal. I haven’t been asked about my diapers. I have heard of others being in wet diapers and needed a further check then being allowed to change privately. I never have had to. I actually like not having to use the airplane bathroom. I wear super absorbent diapers on the plane so I don’t have to change. And, well, it is quite fun!

Reactions: perlFerret and Inconjr
Want4mor said:
I have. It’s no big deal. I haven’t been asked about my diapers. I have heard of others being in wet diapers and needed a further check then being allowed to change privately. I never have had to. I actually like not having to use the airplane bathroom. I wear super absorbent diapers on the plane so I don’t have to change. And, well, it is quite fun!
Thanks Want4mor, youre a life saver!

I have to wear diapers 24/7 due to my severe urinary incontinence and my daily diapers are BetterDry super absorbent.
I have never flown and kept hearing about travelers that are diapered given a hard time. Your'e right! It makes perfect sense that those people probably had a soaked or partially wet diaper when boarding. When I travel, I'll just make sure to change into a dry one at the airport before boarding. I really, really apreciate the info. It took my fears away🙂

Inconjr said:
When I travel, I'll just make sure to change into a dry one at the airport before boarding.

I’ve worn at an airport a few times. This one time in a European airport, because the airport was divided into many sections with security checks between them, I had to go through the same scanner three different times. I was wearing a BetterDry. The first time I wasn’t wet and it didn’t detect anything, but the second two times I was wet and it detected the liquid around my crotch. As such, I had to be patted down on these second two occasions. The first guy patted around my waist and legs feeling my nappy and asked what I had on underneath so I told him and he apologised. The second guy did the same, but also pushed up underneath my nappy just under my bum cheek like he was checking if I needed changing, lol. He didn’t need to ask what I was wearing, he knew for sure.

Reactions: Inconjr
kinkynappyguy said:
I’ve worn at an airport a few times. This one time in a European airport, because the airport was divided into many sections with security checks between them, I had to go through the same scanner three different times. I was wearing a BetterDry. The first time I wasn’t wet and it didn’t detect anything, but the second two times I was wet and it detected the liquid around my crotch. As such, I had to be patted down on these second two occasions. The first guy patted around my waist and legs feeling my nappy and asked what I had on underneath so I told him and he apologised. The second guy did the same, but also pushed up underneath my nappy just under my bum cheek like he was checking if I needed changing, lol. He didn’t need to ask what I was wearing, he knew for sure.
Thanks for the info!. I was bitting my nails with the horror stories ive been hearing, but thanks to you and other members my fears have diminished a lot.

Yeah done it loads, never had an issue. Also multiple threads saying the same on here.

I fly weekly and always wear diapered. It is so reassuring to not have to worry about wetting and messing accidents during long delays at the airport or on the plane as I am thickly diapered.

Reactions: blob and Inconjr
The last time I flew I wore a pull on diaper through security and then changed into a thicker diaper while waiting to board my plane.

As a teen back then all the way till now i've worn many times traveling international wearing diapers for vacations , i was a bedwetter so diapers are a must for me , i always wore them at home before leaving for the airport as i didn't want to change at the airport restroom because its kinda difficult changing in the cubicle with limited space and not to mention if its dirty or the floor is wet .

I've traveled to many countries such as china , japan , USA , UK and most of them didn't even care or noticed and i even had a few diaper spares in my backpack , the only country that when i visit that i was a bit nervous was USA as i've heard many stories about them checking or patting others (TSA) but when i went to los angeles airport it was quite ok , even when i was leaving the country the person doing the baggage scan didn't even bat an eye of the diapers in my backpack. i didn't wear a wet diaper though customs because i heard that wet diaper sets the detector off but i usually change my wet diaper after i landed anyway .

Would like this pandemic to be over quick so i can travel overseas again.

Reactions: blob, PianoMusic1 and Inconjr
I had to fly in July and I wanted to avoid restroom on plane. I packed a tape-on diaper in my carry on and after security check put it on the the men's room. It was easy to put on under my underwear without sitting down. It turns out the plane was pretty empty so I ended up using restroom anyway. The Rite Aid diapers with the stretchy sides and removable tabs have a surprising amount of padding between the legs.

I don't fly very often any more (lack of vacation time and low funds), but I have flown with some padding on for the past 25-30 years due to possible leakage (and I am a bedwetter). It's usually a thicker "cloth training-pants" style brief through security and then plastic pants or other padding before I board the plane. Unfortunately, my training-pants underwear flags me for a pat-down every time (one exception in the last 3 years) around my waist. I can't figure out why except that I like the waistband of the briefs to be about at my navel and that places them directly under the waistband of whatever pants I am wearing. TSA has been professional each time, checking the outside, then the inside of my waistband; they have always waved me on after that check. I just live with the probability of receiving the pat-down.

I always wear, hence also when flying. No big deal. Also not when wearing a BetterDry with doubler.

Inconjr,

I've flown many, many times while wearing and have only had a few incidents. Your best way to avoid needing a pat down is to wear a dry diaper that properly fits you and to ensure that you don't have anything in your pockets. If somehow you end up getting selected for a pat down, discretely let them know that you are wearing a diaper. Most likely, the professional pat down will be very prompt and you'll be on your way without any else the wiser.

To avoid having your carry on bag opened and searched always pull out the large electronics and any liquids (including wipes). I pull out the wipes and place my other liquids over the top of them. Avoid taking any powder (or ensure that it is below the acceptable limit for the countries which you will visit) in your carry on. Certain countries have lower limits for power and/or liquids than the United States. Another item to be aware of are neck-warmers. I have one filled with "flax" that I've learned to always remove from my bag because TSA always wants to verify that it isn't explosives.

I've literally gone through security hundreds of times in many countries and have only had a few noteworthy experiences where it didn't go exactly as planned.
  • I was flying back home from my corporate offices and awkwardly found myself going through with my boss's boss. I can't remember if I was wearing but I definitely had diapers and wipes in the carry on. I had to discretely pull out the wipes and cover them up with other liquids and there was just enough distance between the two of us that he wasn't able to see it. Unfortunately, I didn't pull out the neck warmer so my bag got flagged for extra security. Fortunately, they were very discrete and opened the bag such that only they could see the contents. After they were done, the boss asked about why I got the extra security and I could honestly state that it was due to the neck warmer.
  • On another trip, a colleague of mine and I both ended up in Seoul at the same time. He and I had different destinations but had taken the same international flight. We had to clear Korean security and they had instigated the restriction on powders before the US had so they pulled out my large container of baby powder and threw it away before allowing me to proceed through security. Luckily he and I went through different lanes or I would have been outed.
  • I had re-routed through Hawaii on one of my return business trips to Japan. I had a 10 or 12 hour layover so had left the airport and enjoyed myself at the beach. After swimming, I changed into a new diaper and headed back to the airport. The fit didn't feel quite right and I realized that it was the medium sample that Northshore had sent. It looked just like the large that I normally wear. I guess the fit was awkward enough that security flagged me for additional security. Unfortunately, he decided it needed to be thoroughly investigated so I found myself in a private room with two security guards. (See pat down incident). Of all my experiences, this was the only one that was handled ineptly but even so I survived and can look back on it now and laugh.
Please do not let these experiences scare you. If you know what you might face you can plan for it and avoid frustration. Even if somehow you end up with the worst possible luck and have an experience similar to one of the ones listed above, odds are that nobody that you know is going to find out your secret.

-Ieyasu

I frequently fly while diapered. I am usually TSA prechecked, which makes it easier. If you are prechecked, they normally use metal detectors. If not, you go through the body scanner. I'm not particularly eager to go through security diapered for fear they may be only using the body scanner. I usually change out just before going through security because the diaper is wet anyway, then put a fresh one on after security. This past week I did not get to change before going through security and sighed a big relief to see they were using the metal detector for TSA prechecks. By the time I got to Charlotte for the connecting flight, the diaper was wet but not ready for a change. I flew the second leg of the trip wet.

Only once did I have a foreign country go through my diaper bag. They saw the Vaseline on the screen and wanted to check it out. When the guy opened the bag and saw the diapers, he quickly closed it and handed it to me.

I have a question about adult diapers, because of the way that they are folded unlike baby diapers which is more obviously a diaper, would a ordinary person see an all white adult diaper and actually know what it is?

I think at first they would be like what is this and then once they get a good look at it they will be like Oh`and quickly close the bag theyr'e in☺

Reactions: ZpyTim
kinkynappyguy said:
Thanks🙂

ZpyTim said:
I frequently fly while diapered. I am usually TSA prechecked, which makes it easier. If you are prechecked, they normally use metal detectors. If not, you go through the body scanner. I'm not particularly eager to go through security diapered for fear they may be only using the body scanner. I usually change out just before going through security because the diaper is wet anyway, then put a fresh one on after security. This past week I did not get to change before going through security and sighed a big relief to see they were using the metal detector for TSA prechecks. By the time I got to Charlotte for the connecting flight, the diaper was wet but not ready for a change. I flew the second leg of the trip wet.

Only once did I have a foreign country go through my diaper bag. They saw the Vaseline on the screen and wanted to check it out. When the guy opened the bag and saw the diapers, he quickly closed it and handed it to me.
Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back