BadBaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
what do you call them and why?

Diaper. Local thing, I think; no one used “nappy” growing up around here.

"Diapers" all the way. It's what I was raised with and it carries extra weight because of that. No other word matches it for me, although most of the pulse-pounding power has diminished since I started socializing with other ABDLs.

It all depends on where you are from.

Diapers, obliviously.

Yeah, where you come from is definitely a factor.

Being that I am in North America, I have always and will always use the word diaper :)

I don't know there's just something special about that word as opposed to nappy. Nappy sounds like someone is going to go down for a nap :LOL:

Nappy just doesn't fit somehow, it doesn't carry the same meaning.

As a side note, my current Mommy/GF, she is from Europe and has spent time in the UK, so she often uses the word nappy and sometimes she'll flip-flop between diaper and nappy. I'm fine if she wants to call them nappies, but for me, they'll always be diapers ;)

Last edited:
i myself are from uk but i still call them diapers idk why just easier to say lol

Diapers all the way.

I grew up in the US so diapers is what I use.

However, if I am replying to a poster who uses the word nappy, I generally use nappy as a courtesy to the poster.

Reactions: Dj1997
While CM and I are growing and learning more and more, he likes the word diaper, I on the other hand will call them his special underwear. Or oopsie undies lol idk it’s eaaier for me to call them that. It’s funny because when I watch biobabys I don’t hesitate to say the word diaper or didi

Reactions: Preciouslitlboy
Nappie is not used, it is spelled Nappy.
Never been a diaper to me.
In France, for a baby, it is a Couche. For an adult it is generally a Slip.

ARBO said:
Nappie is not used, it is spelled Nappy.
Never been a diaper to me.
In France, for a baby, it is a Couche. For an adult it is generally a Slip.
^ This, it is either Nappy or Nappies.

Diaper all the way. Everyone who speaks English knows it's a diaper, they just use other terms to make it sound less direct and specific.

No, it started as a napkin or napkins in England, it changed to a nappy and nappies as time went by. The English do not use diaper.

Reactions: bounduptoplease
I tend to call them diapers or paddings (that second one when i'm talking to people who know what i'm talking about). In the netherlands they are called "luiers" but i never use that name for it since i quite dislike how it sounds.

BadBaby said:
what do you call them and why?
Historically speaking, we all started off with reusable cloth "napkins", hence the name nappy. When the first disposable "boater" was invented in the US, the inventor referred to it as a diaper.

So there you have it. Reusable cloth is called a nappy, and disposable plastic is a diaper. Though that doesn't seem to stop people from referring to them incorrectly.

Slomo said:
Historically speaking, we all started off with reusable cloth "napkins", hence the name nappy. When the first disposable "boater" was invented in the US, the inventor referred to it as a diaper.

So there you have it. Reusable cloth is called a nappy, and disposable plastic is a diaper. Though that doesn't seem to stop people from referring to them incorrectly.
Well, you'll also frequently find people calling them neither nappies nor diapers but pampers.

Andybun said:
Well, you'll also frequently find people calling them neither nappies nor diapers but pampers.
You also get people who call all passenger jets Jumbos, we tend to ignore these dregs

nappy, being British but say diaper online to solve confusions

For me sometimes I say diaper, sometimes nappy as I'm from the UK. Sometimes I'll say dip or dippy or even the French word couche.

Back