Diaper + grieving process= good or bad

Littledragon87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all,
Recently I learned I have to put down my dog (for health reasons) who I was closer to then any of my family members and I barely got through the grief of the passing of my father and now this. So I was wondering if you think using diapers as a comfort item (as I already do) and maybe some stuffies would be a good idea or a terrible one. I am welcoming of any advice or opions on the matter.

• Sad
Reactions: TigerDL, thedlguy and CptKirk
I can't answer the diaper aspect of this question due to being U-IC and in diapers 24/7 out of necessity. What I can tell you is that every single person who ever had a dog HAS TO FACE that one HORRIBLE day. You can't think that way though. You have to rememnber the thousands of great days, the memories, your pooch coming out of nowhere to be with you! Not to mention the LOYALTY, the fact they'll give their lofe to protect you.

Perhaps the greatest dog I ever had died in Jul '22. I have ALWAYS had a dog, ALWAYS will. I know one day I will have to say goodbye, but remembering the years of good times, funny things they did, looking at some pictures etc., make the pain fade fast! I now have an 18 month old Pit and a 3 month old "MUTT" and they're AMAZING!

Never forget this. I know it is hard to say goodbye, but that's a small price to pay for all of the years of unrestricted love, loyalty, friendship etc. etc.

CptKirk

Here's a pic of BLU & BULLSEYE. Bullseye got his name because he has a "Bullseye" of sort on his right side...a back tinged circle, tan fur and then a black tinged "dot". Blu is a truly AMAZING dog...GREAT with other dogs, plays hard but never fights and protects Bullseye like he is his genuine little brother. I always start taking my dogs to dog parks once they are 10-12 weeks old so they learn proper socialization as well as introduce them to EVERYONE, mostly because too many MORONS se a Pitbull and INSTANTLY think they're hyper aggressive and ready to attack. BLU will charge strangers, then lick them to death! All he wants are "cookies" (treats), to kiss everyone and get them to play with him! He truly is one amazing pooch! Bullseye was going to wind up in a shelter IF I didn't take him. Only problem with him is he is going to GIGANTIC! At 12 weeks old his paws are much bigger than Blu's, and Blu is almost 19 moths old and 62 lbs of muscle.

1st pic is the 2 of them, the others are from when Blu was younger.

Attachments

• Blu & Bullseye.jpg
    Blu & Bullseye.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 4
  • BLU 7 23.jpg
    BLU 7 23.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 4
  • BLU 5 mos 2.jpg
    BLU 5 mos 2.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 4
  • BLU Seltzer.jpg
    BLU Seltzer.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: TigerDL and babybobby
Littledragon87 said:
Hi all,
Recently I learned I have to put down my dog (for health reasons) who I was closer to then any of my family members and I barely got through the grief of the passing of my father and now this. So I was wondering if you think using diapers as a comfort item (as I already do) and maybe some stuffies would be a good idea or a terrible one. I am welcoming of any advice or opions on the matter.
Honestly in my opinion anything that helps you with the loss is good. If they help you feel better there’s nothing wrong with that!
I have odd ways to cope with a loss too (talking about it nonstop to someone as talking overall helps calm me down)

Diapeds and stuffies can remind u if your childhood. A simplistic time in your life. A time when you didn’t have to deal with these emotions. Grieving is hard, it’s something everyone hates. Everyone has their way of grieving as I said. Just because yours is a bit odd doesn’t mean it’s bad.

As I said. Anything that helps you grieve is good
I’m very sorry you had to loss your dog.

Reactions: TigerDL
Anything that helps YOU feel better is all that matters! Losing a pet is extremely hard! I’m so sorry for your loss! I recently lost a human friend and diapers and baby/little space is somewhat helping to distract me. But I’m still crying and grieving everyday!

Reactions: TigerDL and EvilNeuro
Back