Diaper Discounts Thread?

depta99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
New to this, and I'm loving it. As I build up a stock, I'm OK with the fact this this is going to be somewhat expensive, it's worth it to me. With that said, however, it does seem that you can pay significantly less by finding and jumping on deals. The Rearz $75 case sale ends today, but I think it would be good to have a consolidated thread were people can post deals as the run across them What do all think?

Reactions: Canadianfalls, dl015, southeastlittle and 3 others
I agree, great idea :)

Reactions: DLJosie
I think there used to be something like this a long time ago back when we had the 3 sticky threads. This wasn't one of them, but I think this idea floated along back then.
I'll check my email and see what I see for deals.

theancientmariner said:
I think there used to be something like this a long time ago back when we had the 3 sticky threads. This wasn't one of them, but I think this idea floated along back then.
I'll check my email and see what I see for deals.
Yeah it would make sense to be a sticky thread.

Sometimes you might get a discount if you leave some items in your cart.

• Haha
Reactions: artemisenterri
Seasonedcitizen said:
Sometimes you might get a discount if you leave some items in your cart.
Too bad that trick doesn't work when you go to the store.

theancientmariner said:
Too bad that trick doesn't work when you go to the store.
Just park your cart by the register and stand by it for days until they are practically begging you to leave.

• Haha
Reactions: Canadianfalls, Seasonedcitizen, artemisenterri and 1 other person
GoodnitesAreGoat said:
Just park your cart by the register and stand by it for days until they are practically begging you to leave.
And then you finally leave with your food saying to yourself 'That's a bingo!', but you hear the annoyed cashier quietly say back' You just say bingo.'
🤯

This idea is great and all but the problem is threads like that tend to build up over time as people add deals, then things go out of date and people get frustrated or don't bother to track it. Also multiple people adding a deal might not bother to read through the last several pages to see if it was already added so you get multiple posts for the same thing, this also takes up server space with outdated sales and such.

It would be nice to have a thread where sales can be posted for a moderator to add to a list in the first post and then remove the extra posts they can then edit the list when they are out of date but this requires more time from the moderators to manage it.

What I'd like to see instead maybe is a separate page linked in the top banner next to "About Adisc" with sales that any member can add to or remove from (or perhaps have an auto timed removal if you set a date the sale ends when adding it) that would make it easy to find and track without work from mods and much less server space, you could even set a notification system for it when new sales are added.

Not sure if this system can do that though.

Belarin said:
This idea is great and all but the problem is threads like that tend to build up over time as people add deals, then things go out of date and people get frustrated or don't bother to track it. Also multiple people adding a deal might not bother to read through the last several pages to see if it was already added so you get multiple posts for the same thing, this also takes up server space with outdated sales and such.

It would be nice to have a thread where sales can be posted for a moderator to add to a list in the first post and then remove the extra posts they can then edit the list when they are out of date but this requires more time from the moderators to manage it.

What I'd like to see instead maybe is a separate page linked in the top banner next to "About Adisc" with sales that any member can add to or remove from (or perhaps have an auto timed removal if you set a date the sale ends when adding it) that would make it easy to find and track without work from mods and much less server space, you could even set a notification system for it when new sales are added.

Not sure if this system can do that though.
You're totally right, it would become a long thread with a bunch of expired deals. Your idea is good, but I would assume that's a lot of setup for a moderator/admin.

Maybe the best thing is just continue as we do now where people make a single post when they find something.

Possibly if @Moo adds the volunteer admins this could be one of their responsibilities.

Back