Diaper Discipline?

FudgedInLuvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Hi everyone, been a while since I've posted. Few months ago I ended up getting super sick with bronchitis, and I still have the virus in my body, which is causing nothing but issues, one of which is why I need to create a post here.

So, I'm sick of waking up in wet sheets, part is the sensation, another is all of the work involved in laundry. I get winded simply going down the freaking stairs. Few loads of laundry needless to say, I am toasted by the early afternoon. Back when I was a little kid this wouldn't have been an issue, go to bed, have on a Goodnite, all is well. Now, just a simple subtle tweak to my diet and the body and bladder figure REM sleep is the prime time to empty, "you had two more fries with dinner, EVACUATE!!!!" and after spending most of yesterday doing laundry, last night resulted in wet sheets, despite having my drawer full of Goodnites (don't bash or judge, they work perfect for me) at arms length away. Probably just too exhausted to really think of it last night. But it's not like I'm a little kid and mommy pulls out my nighttime clothes before I go to bed. (though an MD/LB relationship would be....:))

Anyways, what I'm asking, what is a good way/how have you established a reliable night time routine where after all is said and done for the night, once you close your bedroom door and hit the mattress, you're doing so while padded and protected for the night? While I've been enjoying my Goodnites for pleasure, it really has come to the point where they might be a nighttime necessity, even if only brief.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Not what I was expecting for the thread from the title. When I'm 24/7, it's a given. Otherwise, bedtime is one of the less appealing times to diaper up, since I won't be conscious to enjoy it. There is an upside to waking up in a diaper but I think I'd generally prefer to be awake for my diaper time.

Aside from the 24/7 stuff, I don't have or wish to have any rigorous diaper habits.

FudgedInLuvs said:
Anyways, what I'm asking, what is a good way/how have you established a reliable night time routine where after all is said and done for the night, once you close your bedroom door and hit the mattress, you're doing so while padded and protected for the night?
I'm incontinent so when I put on pajamas I change my diaper. I have fallen asleep without changing often enough if I'm just watching tv and not doing anything in the evening that I set an alarm on my phone for 10:45. If I fall asleep the alarm goes off and I wake up enough to change before going back to sleep. If I change in my often after 10 at night, I turn off the alarm so it doesn't wake me that night.

Also incontinent. I use a hot tub twice a day as ongoing therapy so it's pretty convenient for me to just change into a new diaper after drying off. You can choose to make it a routine as part of some ituer routine too. I assume you always brush your teeth at night, so why not add diapering up immediately after that.

I've been 24/7 for well over a year now, and changing my diaper before bed is just a part of my getting ready for bed. The most sressful part of the operation is deciding what to wear ;)

Before I was 24/7 I wasn't sleeping in diapers nearly as often, and a few times when I got sick I "just didn't feel like bothering with a diaper". Word of advice here: if you are sick with a stomach flu and don't feel like putting on a diaper, do it anyway. You may be very, very thankful in the morning. And look at it this way - you are fortunate to have the option to wear a diaper to bed. Most other people don't have that choice because they don't have diapers on-hand.

After one unpleasant "incident", I vowed never again to go to bed sick without padding up first. (I was really hitting myself over not padding up.... "YOU HAVE THEM, what were you thinking not wearing a diaper to bed??!") And so far, twice now my body has confirmed that is the right decision, if you know what I mean.

Diapers can make you happy in many ways, clean sheets being just one of the many way.

Last edited:
Think of it like when you leave your house. You always check for your keys, wallet, and phone. In the same way create a simple checklist (and optionally a jingle) that you can run through before you get in bed such as potty (have you used the bathroom) Pull-up(or diaper put it on), brushed teeth (y/n), bed. this should create a habit in your mind that you will instinctively follow.

Trevor said:
Not what I was expecting for the thread from the title.
:ROFLMAO: My thoughts exactly! But pleasantly surprised how it turned out. :)

To the OP: You have no excuses young man! Put your proper bedtime undies on when you change for bed.
Or do you sleep in your daytime clothes? lol.

Its not like putting on a diaper which takes time, a Goodnites takes like what 2 seconds to put on.
In the past I've been like uggh do I have to, regretted it a few times & finally learned my lesson.
It took me time too, but soon enough it will just become a normal routine.

As far as over night I wear every night. I had bought a new bed like 2 years ago and I became paranoid about having some type of accident due to my OAB and IBS. I usually eat whatever i want and relax watch some tv and check the socials then I put a fresh one on and sleep in just a t shirt and diaper. I don’t always end up using it so to save money I probably re wear it the next night or if I’m having no accidents for a while I’ll just wear my cloth ones. But I much rather always have one one than not because my bed is still newish and it’s the first mattress I’ve owned without pee stains!

Back