Diaper at the Spa

Iroh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
This post somewhat ties with my reply in neophyte's thread about Diapering at work and your experiences, as the title goes, this is my experience about weairng a diaper in the spa.

So as I explained in my reply, I work at a Popular UK gym (Not so popular with the younger generation due to the price, but the elderly like it... no young punks in the way 😀) as part of the crappy pay I'm provided with an all access pass to the gym (and should your local facility have it) it's water facilities too. I've been here for a while, so its not like I've just rushed head first into this.

I've only recently started wearing diapers to work, I don't use them at work, I only wear for the satisfaction, danger aspect and security. I tried wearing a range of diapers to see which is best or what mood I'm in, which includes: Huggies Superdry, Pampers Active Fit (The old sesame street ones), Baby Dry size 8, Pullups (Not a great experience 😢), Libero size 7, Drynites and Attends Discreet Boutiques. The baby diapers I have to use extenders for the tabs, because I'm chunkeh 😅

Anyway, roll on to yesterday. I was wearing my doubled up Drynites (Doubled up, A: If the sides tear, they hold together better. and B: It's thicker), completed my shift and thought to myself what would the effect of going into a steam room in diaper be like? I had the swim kit in my car, I had extra Drynites (as the ones during my shift had started to tear) and I was feeling pretty okay... which is rare after a shift of walking round a complex. cleaning, repairing stuff and moving weights. It was ON 😅

Just placing this here, I've done the usual wear a diaper in the bath and in the shower before, its great. But never at a Pool or Spa, because in the UK us youngun's are poor and don't need a pool at home for 1 day of sunshine each year 😭. I changed in one of the Disabled bathroom's into my shorts with padding underneath, packed my bag and locked everything away.

Bricking it walking onto the poolside, I'm usually anxious (due to my roundness walking half naked) but bit the bullet and proceeded to lightly...sparingly shower to keep up appearances, and stepped into the steam room. Lay down on the bench, and for what felt like 25mins of sitting in a hot cloud, I lay in this humid room. At intervals I checked my padding, trying to be discreet, nothing of real concern. I don't know if the shorts protected them or diapers don't react to humidity but they were fine, while I was sweating like a roast hog. Unsure of what my back looked like, and the steam room getting more occupied, I bolted for the poolside bathroom, locked the door and checked in the mirror, no added bulk, no added weight. The steam room had barely any effect. This may or may not be any help to IC people?

I thought, I was already there, didn't need to change and the Jacuzzi was 10ft away from me, with my knowledge of sitting in a bath for 10mins a quick 2 mins in the Jacuzzi shouldn't be a problem? A little swelling? Boy was I wrong! I walked to the Jacuzzi, chose the one with the least people in it and sat down. I sat there for about 1:30 seconds and felt the front of the drynites, they were pretty soft still so they hadn't absorbed much water, I was in the clear and eager to get out while I can. As I was going to get up, the last reaming occupant noticed me, and asked me a question if I knew why the pool and hot tubs were cooler than normal, due to the high winds I explained it messes up with our heating and ventilation systems causing confusion amongst the boilers creating an unbalanced and out of wack temperature.

God Damn my customer service, must have been there for 4-5mins, he said thanks, I brushed the "cool" Jacuzzi temperature as a reason to bolt out and go back to the male changing room. I got back to mens drying area, preceded to sit on a bench and then realised that while the front hadn't absorbed anything, possibly due to its exposure in the steam room, or my sitting position, or the bubbles, the back did absorb, and absorb it did. I sat down on a cushion of water, thankfully not bursting. I waited while another regular spoke to me, using this time to towel and air dry and then bolted back to my locker and the male toilet cubicles.

In a TLDR, diapers in a steam room?, yeah, no prob.
Diapers in the bath tub or shower?, yeah, no prob, just spend less than 10mins.
Diapers in the pool or hot tub?, No, I don't know if the bubbling action aggravated this, but my previous experiences of a diaper submerged can take a few moments before its at bursting point. Not in that hot tub though. For a few seconds I was a true bubble butt for some time :D

I know the usual riga-marole of not wearing diapers in the pool, but its part of my little side I guess that likes the feel of a wet diaper. And part of me was gunning for it, the part of me inside that said do it for kicks and you'll likely never do it again has subsided after yesterday, I'll just keep water in my diapers and the odd occasional urinating :D

Also, in regards to the diapers I try at work that I listed, if anyone's interested, I've reviewed them on YouTube under the channel InfinityDiapers 🙂

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing! 😁

I've tried all sorts of plastic pants and the like over both disposable and cloth diapers and never did find one that given more than a brief time didn't suddenly take on a ton of water leaving you with an anchor around your midsection. Of course, I have the advantage of having my own "spa" at home with a hot tub, a pool, and a steamroom, so I don't have to bother anybody else with my experimentation. I've not tried taking steam with a diaper on, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I do work out on the elliptical or the weight machine with diapered frequently.

Rednaxela said:
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading, not just a story, but a PSA for steam room users :D

willnotwill said:
I've not tried taking steam with a diaper on, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I wasn't really expecting much, but the humidity and water content in the room did intrigue me to see if it had any effect, apart from making me bake.

DanielW said:
Suprima makes a mens swim trunk with silicone seals at the waist and leg openings. It does a decent job of keeping pool water out of them (and the diaper underneath. I get a bit damp, but . the diaper stays mostly dry from pool water...no explosions or waterballooning at least.

Thats quite similar to the cloth swim pants for kids, and worth a try. So I can stay padded while swimming :D

I got one of the SOS Containment briefs a while back but I never got to use it (and I ended up giving it away on the boards) because their size chart is laugable. It implied I'd fit in a medium and really I think it would take an XL. I've got some of the tranquility swimmate disposables (Tranquility will send you two for free if you ask nice) but I've not had a chance to give them a shot yet.

I did order some cheap 'reusable' ones off one site but they were pretty much useless. Little more than a very thin plastic pant. The Suprima's look intriguing but I haven't found a US supplier for them.

I saw that, but they are NOT a US company.

Yeah and at $130, they're a bit pricey.

I wear diapers 24/7 and want to go to the gym. I wear cloth diapers, and PUL diaper covers. I want to try it, has anyone done it, and how did it work?

As long as you stay out of the pool, it works fine (subject to chafing and other issues you likely can imagine). As Dan and I stated, most traditional diapers (cloth or disposable) become readily waterlogged with a reasonably active person in the water (this isn't like a baby sitting in a few inches of pool water). If you want to swim, you'll need a purpose designed swim diaper.

thanks

I wear differently for the gym, spa/Jacuzzi/pool, or massages/appointments. For the gym I like to go with a thin diaper like tranquility atn. They last just long enough for my workout, and are ready to be changed when it's time to take a shower. I "might be able to get away with an even lesser diaper (like depends), but feel that would just be asking for leaks.

For in the water I use a reusable pocket diaper with the pad removed. They have a terry lining to make up the pocket, which is just enough to get to or from the water without dripping all over- but not so much padding they will swell with water. (Note, you do have to break the leg seal when getting out or you will slosh with water).

For places like a massage or doctor appointment I will wear my normal go to diaper, which is Crinklz. Only because I know they seriously don't care and there's nothing to be embarrased about with wearing them.

Reactions: Deleted member 44078
Back