Currently wearing a ABU Little Kings and OMG they are amazing

boredofwheelchair

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I bought my second sample of ABU Little Kings and OMG they are amazing, so soft and comfortable to wear. This time I went for the XL size as they seem to correspond better to a Large size in what I normally wear which is a Drylife Slip Super or a Betterdry L10 if I want or need something more absorbent and got a better fit as a result

I am incontinent and am probably a bit of a DL so prints don’t really do much for me and I find them somewhat embarrassing, not so much personally couldn't care less but wouldn’t want to have to explain why I have a nappy that is printed like a baby’s nappy if other people noticed, but in other ways the Little Kings are exactly what I am looking for in a cloth backed nappy and I am still surprised that the medical market still hasn’t appeared to have made anything comparable even though cloth backed nappies have become the norm market for years, I love that the wings on the Little Kings are made from the same material as the backing material of the nappy itself which is a big plus for me as I really hate the ‘breathable’ wings with cloth backed and hybrid medical nappies which have a plastic backed core with breathable wings.

my only wish is that ABU produced a plain white cloth backed nappy that was the same as the Little Kings without the prints or at least plain with a wetness indicator

Okay, I went and found my previous post from when I tried them before, feel like I am repeating myself a bit in this

boredofwheelchair said:
So I decided to try some ABU Little Kings this week, just had a sample pack of 2.

Okay so first of all prints really aren’t my thing as a IC person who leans towards being a DL too so I guess it might seem like a odd choice to try these nappies which are designed and modelled to look like modern baby diapers but what interested me in them was the fact that the wings of the nappy were made from the same material as the backing material of the nappy as opposed to having a ‘breathable‘ material for the wings which most if not all cloth backed medical nappies (in the UK) seem to have in my experience.

i also liked the fact that there was a landing zone for the tapes too and the fact that the tapes are nice and large too which make them easier to do.

Okay so there are a couple of things i weren’t so keen on, one of them is the sizing because despite buying Large which is the size I normally wear these seem snug compared to what I normally wear, they definitely didn’t seem as long because they didn’t seem to rise up as high, in fact I held them and my regular Staydry Slip Super up against each other and the stay dry seemed longer. The other thing I weren’t keen on is the odour control doesn’t seem that great.

Overall I think they were pretty good a solid 8/10, definitely wouldn’t mind a cloth backed ABU Simple made from the same shell and maybe a bit more generously in terms of sizing, just don’t know why medical manufacturers can’t do something similar in terms of the wings although I’m sure it’s to do with skin health for the user.

Back