Complicated sizing instructions

BabyTheleste

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Is anyone else put off by the complex measuring instructions that Leanne’s Pretty Dresses asks for? I would love to order this adorable dress, but given the cost, I can’t run the risk of messing something up and ending up with something unusable.

I’d much rather her outfits were standard sizes (I know some are, and they are the only ones I’ve bought from her).

Attachments

• IMG_2716.jpeg
    IMG_2716.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2717.jpeg
    IMG_2717.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 32
BabyTheleste said:
Is anyone else put off by the complex measuring instructions that Leanne’s Pretty Dresses asks for? I would love to order this adorable dress, but given the cost, I can’t run the risk of messing something up and ending up with something unusable.

I’d much rather her outfits were standard sizes (I know some are, and they are the only ones I’ve bought from her).
Its always better to have someone measure you, but not impossible to do it yourself. The most important think to have is a cloth tape measure. This is a link to Amazon UK but I am sure you will be able to get one locally in your location. https://www.amazon.co.uk/fabric-tape-measure/s?k=fabric+tape+measure.

Some of those measurements are really hard to take alone (back shoulder, back and front bodice). If you can, please ask somebody to help you on that or go to a tailor, they can take your measurements with more precision.

yolandabelle said:
Some of those measurements are really hard to take alone (back shoulder, back and front bodice). If you can, please ask somebody to help you on that or go to a tailor, they can take your measurements with more precision.
But that’s exactly the point. I’m not going to go to a tailor and ask if they can take all these measurements. (I wouldn’t even know where to find one, let alone one who would be happy to take all those measurements with no prospect of a sale.)

And how do I explain what I want it for, (it would be totally impolite to ask such a favour without giving him some idea of why I needed them.) “Well you see there’s an adorable little sissy girl’s dress that I just have to buy, and the seller insists on all these measurements”. Nope, that’s just not happening!

The irony is that the four I have are in standard sizes and they fit fine. So I just don’t get why she doesn’t offer either bespoke or standard size fitting for all her beautiful dresses.

BabyTheleste said:
And how do I explain what I want it for, (it would be totally impolite to ask such a favour without giving him some idea of why I needed them.)
A tailor or a seamstress most likely would take if you say that you are ordering a costume from overseas and needs those measurements. And if you need to point to something, just say you are looking for a full costume from Taiwan like Gran Tailor. Probably they will charge something but I don't think they will ask too many questions.

BabyTheleste said:
So I just don’t get why she doesn’t offer either bespoke or standard size fitting for all her beautiful dresses.
But they do some dresses, I don't think if you contact them saying that you would like to use one of their measurements, they would refuse.

Chart from their own website
1716540958829.png

yolandabelle said:
But they do some dresses, I don't think if you contact them saying that you would like to use one of their measurements, they would refuse.

Chart from their own website
View attachment 137065
I know they do some in standard sizes - my first post said so, and that the only ones I have bought are standard “ready to wear” ones.

And actually, only a few of the RTW ones have a drop down box for a sizing option. Some appear to be already made as the sizing is shown.

Having said all this, most of her bespoke dresses are as ludicrously expensive as they are deliciously gorgeous. So it’s probably just as well something puts me off buying any more of them!!!

Back