Clothing options

DandyAndy

There's probably a wet spot on my pants.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I really like the quality and fabric of Tykables snappies but not the price. I understand 'you get what you pay for' but does anyone know of any lower price point but still high quality onesies? Preferably less that $30/ea.

this is a hard one. most quality, well made, and good fitting onesies aren't cheap. a good onesies will last a long time. best i can say is check out sales with the various companies like tykables, rearz, and changing times diaper company. Changing times has solid color onesies under 30.00. i have onesies from all three and they are great. Another good one is Etsy Big Tot but sadly they aren't cheap either. it can be hit or mis with the ones selling cheaper onesies, so always check their sizing chart and return policy. many of the ones that are cheap are novelty style made in China of cheap fabric and super and i mean super small sizing. you can check out Amazon. i will say Changing Times Diaper Company has the coolest teddy bear styles.

Reactions: DandyAndy and PaddedPonyboy
Littletude and Little For Big on amazon have some onesies i've seen in the $20 price range. i can't speak for their quality personally, but i know they are extremely popular onesies that i've seen a lot of other people wear, and have given great reviews. it may be worth looking into, i have some of their onesies on my wishlist for when i'm in stable housing and can afford to spare that. good luck in your hunt!

Reactions: DandyAndy
Preventawear has nice ones and an occasional good sale. Sign up for their emails when they announce a sale .

You'll find most good quality sanppies you'll spend around 25-30 for. I've shopped most of the brands out there and they all have pros and cons. Favorite Etsy seller is ABDLonDemand the fabrics is nice and not too thin. Tykables is good for thicker quality fabrics and easy to do snaps (the tail comes to the front instead of closing between the thighs.) I love the lap shoulder from Onesies Down under but don't like the patterns repeat noticably in a vertical column. Littles lab are on par with ODU just with different patterns. ABU onesies have a cute scalloped edge on the leg elastics but their patterns only go as far as matching their diaper patterns which could be a plus for some. The list goes on.

You will get what you pay for unfortunately for me when trying out different brands the sizing is not the same so by trial and error I've accumulated a pile of onesies that don't fit (too small)

I like one Onesies Downunder! They're generally around 20-35ish dollars and have lots of cute designs and are all very good quality. They last longer if you air dry vs using a dryer (general rule for making clothes last longer too)

Reactions: daddyb and DandyAndy
I'm not sure how the quality compares, but Rearz often has onesies on sale. I've gotten some good deals in the past.

There's a limited selection, but they have some for under $15. https://rearz.ca/clearance/

Reactions: daddyb and DandyAndy
Any snappies that dont make a diaper leak right away? Sizing doesnt seem to matter

Yes you get what you pay for . I’ve tried pretty much every brand out there . I don’t like the little skinny crotch snap cheap ones they don’t cover your diaper . This company makes the softest and fully cover the diaper including the crotch without digging into your skin . Very stretchy 90% cotton 10% spandex so they breath and stay cool .

Look on Temu.com. They are not ABDL oriented but they are inexpensive.

Thanks all! I will probably keep going with Tykables as they are the best quality I have found and I do love the way they snap.

As someone who makes onesies and such I can tell you that if you are paying less than $25 you will be sacrificing quality at an exponential rate as you get lower.

Some companies like tykables, rearz or Abu for instance can make them a bit cheaper as they have the cash to have hundreds made at a time in a mass production factory since they have the rest of their product line to keep cash flowing.

The fabric cost for a plain solid colour onesie in a medium size can be anywhere from about $8 - $14 depending on type, quality of construction, colour, and if you buy in bulk (like 50+ meters at a time) add another 2-3 for elastic/binding/ribbing for the hems $1 for snaps $0.50 for thread and your looking at easily $11 - $20 purely on materials.

If it takes even just 1 hour to cut and sew and you want to make $10 an hour there's you $25 to $30 price tag right away.

Now if you want patterned fabric or embroidery/logos that cost goes up, especially if it is custom printed designs not off the roll prints.

Now consider that if as a seller you only make onesies or similar clothing your customers are not going to be coming back every month for more, especially if you use high quality materials. So you need to make enough extra to cover the time between sales as you won't have enough regular business to keep it running full time to cover the cost of living.

• Love
Reactions: daddyb, CrayonRocket and DandyAndy
flickpuppy said:
I like one Onesies Downunder! They're generally around 20-35ish dollars and have lots of cute designs and are all very good quality. They last longer if you air dry vs using a dryer (general rule for making clothes last longer too)

True and don't use dryer sheets or softener. It makes clothes less absorbent and destroys elastics.

Reactions: CrayonRocket
Belarin said:
As someone who makes onesies and such I can tell you that if you are paying less than $25 you will be sacrificing quality at an exponential rate as you get lower.

Some companies like tykables, rearz or Abu for instance can make them a bit cheaper as they have the cash to have hundreds made at a time in a mass production factory since they have the rest of their product line to keep cash flowing.

The fabric cost for a plain solid colour onesie in a medium size can be anywhere from about $8 - $14 depending on type, quality of construction, colour, and if you buy in bulk (like 50+ meters at a time) add another 2-3 for elastic/binding/ribbing for the hems $1 for snaps $0.50 for thread and your looking at easily $11 - $20 purely on materials.

If it takes even just 1 hour to cut and sew and you want to make $10 an hour there's you $25 to $30 price tag right away.

Now if you want patterned fabric or embroidery/logos that cost goes up, especially if it is custom printed designs not off the roll prints.

Now consider that if as a seller you only make onesies or similar clothing your customers are not going to be coming back every month for more, especially if you use high quality materials. So you need to make enough extra to cover the time between sales as you won't have enough regular business to keep it running full time to cover the cost of living.
This is true for any entrepreneur. You pay for quality. Otherwise you get a cheaply made garment mass produced by people who have no idea what we actually want in our outfits. Sometimes people forget the cost of materials AND the cost of labor/experience. I can see this is why some people make to order and not have a rack full of ready made.

Reactions: CrayonRocket
Back