Cloth Nappy/Diaper drying out side , Do you/would you ?

Do you or would you line dry cloth nappies/Diapers

• Yes , every time the suns out

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No , live in apartment

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No, not that brave as no one knows

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Yes , if get some

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As here in the UK it’s getting warmer I’m drying my cloth nappies , pants and inserts on the washing line out side again 😁
My next door neighbours know (Brother ) and my family as for garden peekers Go to hell
Do you line dry or don’t

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and theancientmariner
Yes, I use my outdoor clothesline whenever I can, weather permitting, for all my clothes, diapers etc. included. The smell of freshly sun-dried clothes is absolutely wonderful and of course uses less electricity than the dryer. I have a carousel clothesline so I put my diapers and pants on more inner lines and regular clothes to the outside so my diapers are not as visible to the neighbors. Still works great.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, theancientmariner and NappiedTruckDriver
diaperbobby said:
Yes, I use my outdoor clothesline whenever I can, weather permitting, for all my clothes, diapers etc. included. The smell of freshly sun-dried clothes is absolutely wonderful and of course uses less electricity than the dryer. I have a carousel clothesline so I put my diapers and pants on more inner lines and regular clothes to the outside so my diapers are not as visible to the neighbors. Still works great.
smart. Like a heard of buffalo protecting the younglings from the hungry wolves.

Reactions: Edgewater
My washing line today
IMG_1976.jpeg

Reactions: tam1623, sambus, diaperedwetter and 2 others
My wife used to dry our children’s cloth diapers on the clothesline on the farm. They always came in smelling so fresh and the sun bleached out any residual stains. When there was no wind the diapers would be stiff when taken in so she would throw them in the dryer with a damp diaper and run it for a few minutes to soften them up again. I miss that and when I clean out the lint trap every time I use my dryer I can see my diapers wearing away rapidly so I’m going to put a clothesline in my privacy fenced backyard. Recently I bought some 4”x 6” pressure treated posts that I need to use temporarily for another project that will work well for the clothesline posts. As far as neighbors seeing my butt wrappers flapping in the wind with the privacy fence only the neighbors that rent the upstairs apartment to my north will be able to see them back there and I really don’t care if they see me drying the items that I use to deal with my dual ic. I’ll be able to dry more than one pair of plastic pants at a time too, although direct sunshine deteriorates vinyl so I may have to stick with hanging them over the shower head one at a time.

• Love
Occasionally I’m put in cloth nappies and plastic pants.
These are dried after laundering on a line in the garden (weather permitting) by my GF.
Fortunately our cottage is not overlooked by neighbours.

Well took my slightly damp nappies off the line and they’re finishing in the dryer

Yup, out side, sunshine dry diapers!
Plastic pants are not recommended as noted above in Zeke's Post!

I am guessing this will become more popular again as the cost of disposables continue to rise along with electric costs!

Reactions: nightfox320 and Zeke
We don't have a clothesline, but we do have an larger washer and dryer. Back when I was a kid, my mom hung our diapers on clothlines to dry. Seems like we always had diapers out to dry, since we all wet out beds and wore diapers a lot longer than most.

When I had clothes lines I would hang all my clothes to dry. When I lived in Oak Ridge my line was outside but trees surrounding the house blocked most views.

My property is long but narrow so there is no place on my property that is hidden at all from my neighbors even if they are not trying to pry.

No one knows I wear and I want to keep it that way.

parcelboy2 said:
As here in the UK it’s getting warmer I’m drying my cloth nappies , pants and inserts on the washing line out side again 😁
My next door neighbours know (Brother ) and my family as for garden peekers Go to hell
Do you line dry or don’t
I do not having my cloth nappies on the clothesline. I don't care what people think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and sambus
Absolutely, as soon as the weather is good enough my nappies dry outside. Some of the neighbours know and I really don’t mind. Two of them arrived unexpectedly one day while I was hanging the nappies on the line, together with the plastic pants. They did look a bit surprised but no questions were asked.

On rare ocassions when the Sun is out and I need my Nappies dried then they go on a portable rack out in the Sun, they only need about two hours outside as microfibre cloth dries so quickly.
There is only our next door neighbour could see into our garden and their view would probably not be good enough to determine exactly what is being dried in the Sun. My normal method of drying would be on the rack inside the house and they would need a day to dry with or without the heating on.
PUL pants always stay inside our airing cupboard as the wind will sometimes blow things off the drying frame, fortunately they have remained within our boundary so far, so no embarrassing chasing Nappies around has occured.

I'm not bothered about the neighbours, its my wife and daughter who would complain!

Teddy02 said:
Absolutely, as soon as the weather is good enough my nappies dry outside. Some of the neighbours know and I really don’t mind. Two of them arrived unexpectedly one day while I was hanging the nappies on the line, together with the plastic pants. They did look a bit surprised but no questions were asked.
I understand the want of lined dried plastic pants, but the sunshine is brutal on them.

toddler said:
I love your photo of your cloth nappies.
Thank you , if there wasn’t pants and pocket nappies out as well , you’d think it was a load of Towels

Had a load of inserts , pant and covers out today

In the past I hung diapers (never plastic pants) out to dry almost daily. Thing is, from a distance my flat diapers could easily be mistaken for towels. At least that’s what I told myself. Had frequent interaction with neighbors on all sides, nothing was ever said.

Back