Chicago to Mackinac sailboat race.

Keep us posted. Sounds like it was a safe sail. No real storms. Enjoy yourself. Loved to know how you finished.

At approximately 15:30 (2:30) hr. Central Time, today, 23 July, both fleets filled the northern half of Lake Michigan off the Eastern shore line of Michigan, with two boats having finished. Not sure where in that thick line of yachts our friend is but, the weather looks to be much the same over the next 24 hours.

Reactions: dogboy
Well our OP and crew members cross the finish line either yesterday (Monday) afternoon or early evening.
It will be interesting to hear the stories from the adventure.

As of 12:00 hours (12 noon) Tuesday, Eastern Standard time, there was still one sailboat that had not finished, a member of the double-handed class that started early afternoon on Friday last and will likely finish this early evening today. That would have been four days+.

I would like to race against him , but i’m in Quebec, and my sailboat is SAINT-PAUL-ILE-AUX-NOIX at 10 minutes from lake Champlain.
i have an IRWIN30 with a deep keel , I installed a furler mast from an OCEANIC 35.1 and a second furler up front for a storm jib.
i have installed a bran new BETA30 engine in 2020 and many other materials , VC OFFSHORE antifooling.
i have 6 time 6 volts batteries 400 amps connected in series and parallel to get 1200 amps/hours @ 12 volts yes it was needed because I was living aboard and I had a TIG welder , compressor, lots of electric tools , I was doing mechanic on water and racing large sailboat , the 6 batteries are below the waterline so it keep my sailboat upright by strong wind .

Attachments

• IMG_1134.jpeg
    IMG_1134.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: TrashPanda01 and Edgewater
Back