Changing a Little/DL for the first time!

SCLittle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Hello All! I’m after a bit of advice from DLs, Littles and Bigs. This week has been a whirlwind of events, I recently found out a long term friend is VERY into ABDL (more so the DL side). I too am largely a DL but I like things from either side of the spectrum.

We’re planning a meet up on the weekend, and changing their diaper is likely event.

So, question 1 for the bigs. Any tips for a first timer when changing someone else?

Question for the littles! What is your favourite part of changes, any thing I should think about beforehand?

DLs! What kind of activities do you like to do when hanging out with others?

Reactions: littledreamers333, ItsTimmyTime, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I cant say what AB's or DL's like per se as i'm not really into that, but I have had my GF's change me many time, and also my PCA's so from that i can give a bit of advice.

I'll skip the hospital changes and the pca changes.

So:
You need to know how to change someone, if you have NO experiance inchanging a diaper on anyone i'd suggest to just get some baby diapers and practice on a doll or stuffie to get the changing part down, as in how to do everything backwards as it were compared to you doing it to yourself.

Changing someone else is different than doing it yourself, so practice that. and also note that you will likely need some compliance/help for them to lift up to change the diaper as i doubt your going to want to do it like somone that is not able to help at all, aka medical change

This being done between people is very intimate and likely be a very bonding moment and that said, less talking is usually the best thing, as excess talking IMHO makes it awkward.

Depending on if it's sexual at all will make any cleanup a whole different thing, and wether it's going to be a PG rated change or something a bit more.

So, depending on the type of change, make sure you know how to acomplish the change, have the supplies ready and be ready yourself to do the task first.
Then, you need to keep a close eye/in touch with them and see that everything with them is going ok, usually you should be able to tell if they are having fun or something is amiss, if there is anything going awry, just pause for a moment, give a moment for them the catch up or to say anything or even to relax.
If you need to pause and say everything is exposed, gently place the diaper over them in case modesty is an issue, either way it will signal that your pausing for a second and give you an opertunity to see how thing are going.

The biggest thing IMHO is take it slow, dont rush doing the change, and also dont rush the change, look for subtle clues that things are going right or wrong.

This is a very intimate moment and quite often things will overwhelm either of you, just pause or slow down and let your brain and feelings catch up with what your doing.
Also if things are going awry, it may be hard for words to form and come out, you need to look for changes in body language, that may be the only clue you get before things are too far gone to salvage the moments at it were.

Now, as for the ABDL side, i cant personally say to the feelings there, but overall it is a very very very very intimate moment and takes things slowly and do communicate, but mostly watch body language to see how things are going. You will know without words when things are going the right way.

Overall have fun, explore and even if there is an issue and things dont go right the first time, dont become stuborn and stop things from happening again, noone does everything right the first time and noone knows exactly what they want to happen the first time either, so expect that there will be some things that may come up short. Biggest thing is just watch for the "OMG" type of body language, like someone just freezing up, or getting a total blank stare, sometimes things can be triggered that are unexpected and that will end up being bad if you ignore that sign, if it happens.

• Love
Reactions: TheGrimmRetails, ItsTimmyTime, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
Changing Littles can be a super fun thing... I'm more of a big-bro, but here are some comments suggestions

Things i like to have on hand or give the little when changing
1. have a change mat or pad handy (Goodnite Bedmatts are awesome for instant change pad). this is good in case anything spills, leaks etc.
2. give the little a Binki/Paci... it will certainly keep them in the headspace
3. if you have a stuffy its nice for them to hold onto... something for them to do with their hands...
3. if you aren't sure about talking or what to say during the change - you can give the little an Ipad to play games while you are changing them

Changing..
- take your time with the change... whats fun about being changed by someone else is how the changer takes due care in the process... the care they give but also not leaving them naked for a long time (it can get chilly).
- using products... lots of things you can use with a change but ensuring the little has no reactions: Baby Oil, Vaseline, Lotion, Powder...

at the end - huggs are always the best...

• Love
Reactions: BlueDude, SCLittle, ItsTimmyTime and 1 other person
There's a big difference, in my view, between a diaper change that's appropriate for a DL and a change that's appropriate for an AB. In the main, Bret is correct on every point. However, if your friend wants an AB-type experience, there's a world of difference in how you interact with them.

Whether you're changing a DL or someone who's in 'little space, if you've never changed a 'real' baby before, there's something of a learning curve involved. There are three distinct phases in either process:

First, get everything ready. Ensure you have a firm, level place to change a diaper. Find something to use as a changing mat, and be sure before you start that everything you'll need - lotion, powder, clean diaper, pacifier, toy, or whatever is appropriate - are close at hand. You do not want to stop halfway through and go off to find something you need. You can do this five minutes ahead or a couple of hours in advance. Think through the process to be sure you have everything you'll need.

Second, prepare your AB or DL. Ensure that the diaper needs to be changed, for starters. If you're changing a DL, ask them what new diaper they'd prefer, or be sure the diaper you've selected meets their approval. If you're changing an AB, you can perform a full-blown (pardon the phrase) diaper check, give them a toy or something to occupy themselves while you're at work, and have them lie on the changing station you've created.

If you're changing an adult baby, then the change itself is the point at which I differ with Big Baby Bret's comments above. As an AB, I r-e-a-l-l-y enjoy the 'patter' that accompanies a diaper change ... and the more the caregiver talks to me, the more enjoyable I find the interaction. The challenge, of course, is saying things you'd normally say to a baby or toddler ... but to an adult. Many people with healthcare backgrounds find this almost impossible, so some practice might be required.

Finally, as everyone else posting here has noted, this should be a slow and languid experience. There's no need to rush through a 30-second diaper change like you'd see a mother or babysitter do. Take your time and enjoy it; if you can do those two simple things, anything that goes amiss will likely go unnoticed by the person you're changing.

Reactions: Lyric, Bigbabybret and ItsTimmyTime
When my wife changes me with the intention of getting me into a little headspace she'll lay me on the bed and make sure I have my teddy to cuddle. She's really vocal with me the whole time also. She'll tell me to lift my bum, then slides my nappy underneath me. Following that she holds up my feet and powders me, asks if my teddy wants some powder (which he always does 🐻❤️), then tapes me up and puts her fingers inside my nappy to pull out my leak guards. Then she'll pull on my PJ bottoms and reaches out with her hands to pull me off the bed and gives me a butt pat.

She has that routine nailed down to a tee and it's amazing. She's also been known to kiss my feet and blow raspberries on them. Another thing she's done is get me making rocket noises as I push my arms through my sleeves or says Boo! as my head pops through the top 🤭

I don't know how she remembers it all 🥰 Just layering one little thing after another is how I feel the littleist. A few ideas for you there 😉

• Love
Reactions: babyscotty37 and sbmccue
One thing I might add to the excellent advice already given... no matter how well you know this person, changing them is one incredibly intimate act. The person being changed is in an incredibly vulnerable position and the person doing the changing needs to be mindful of that. You may not actually want to change them the first time you meet knowing about the DL but rather take some time just to get to know this new aspect of your relationship. I'd say going super slowly, slower than you might expect, helps build up trust and helps prevent making mistakes that may harm your friendship. I remember when I first came here after meeting my Little someone said to remember that you can get all leary, heady and over excited when you find someone into the same things. Be careful that you and your friend don't get caught up in the headiness. It's worth taking a step back, take your time, and build up to things. You will build a stronger bond if you take it slow.

Reactions: sbmccue and ItsTimmyTime
This is something that bears saying even though it might be a bit "delicate". And by all means it may not be your plan, or theirs!
If the change somehow results in a "happy ending" scenario, especially if it is their first change by you and even more so if it is their first change at all remember that many times there is many times a "guilty" feeling and the desire to wear a diaper can totally go away. No one knows why but it happens a lot. And we sure don't want to ruin the happy, intimate mood
Perhaps it is best to avoid that type of ending at first.

My first change by someone else most definitely did not end that way. It took me by surprise and was done by the wife of a DL friend. I was on cloud nine the rest of the night.

Reactions: babyscotty37
I find it an incredibly special time when I change my wife when she has a soaked diaper. We only do this a few times a year, but each time is special and I go slow and savor the moment, making sure to go gently and slowly and talk to her as I open it up, wipe her down, dry her off, and send her on her way to get ready for the day. (On a couple rare occasions it may still be in the night and then it's a change into a dry diaper, though that happens not even once a year. But then in those instances since we are keeping the dynamic going it might be a little quicker but also with some fun teasing about the condition of her diaper and the need for a new one before morning came.)

It is an extremely intimate act quite comparable to having sex, honestly.

Reactions: babyscotty37
Guys thank you for making this thread - my partner has recently been real accepting of my diaper wearing and age regression and has many questions so I am most definitely taking pointers!

Back