Change or keep wearing?

Cinderpamp

Trying his best to hold it in
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So, let's say you put on a fresh diaper in the evening, and before sleeping you've partially wet. Is it a bad idea to keep wearing it after you've woken up if you've only had one or two small wettings? I keep feeling like I should wear them longer in between changes because it feels like a waste to change and see that wetness has only reached the middle portion of the diaper.

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover and chrischrischris
It's personal choice really, I'll personally wear a diaper until it's a its absolute limits or until it actually leaks and then change but I know other people who will change after one wetting.

Reactions: KoizumiPana, subhubby1968 and chrischrischris
I wear one at night and usually wet before I sleep. Then wet in the morning before I get ready for work. I don’t wear outside the home ( this also gives time for my skin to recover from being wet for so long) however, if I’m not going smyehere on the weekend I’ll wear and wet till I start to leak,

Cinderpamp said:
So, let's say you put on a fresh diaper in the evening, and before sleeping you've partially wet. Is it a bad idea to keep wearing it after you've woken up if you've only had one or two small wettings? I keep feeling like I should wear them longer in between changes because it feels like a waste to change and see that wetness has only reached the middle portion of the diaper.
I got to do 24/7 for a full week. I noticed that after the first night, it felt better to have on a fresh diaper for bed than an already wet one. I always take a shower before bed and I felt like getting a fresh one on right before I jumped in bed ended up giving me a better nights sleep. Especially with the advent of super capacity diapers I was more comfortable knowing that I had all that capacity keeping me dry.

Reactions: zaronab
I personally keep my nappy on until full, unless I've messed it then I will change before bed. I have been known on the odd occasion to full asleep in my messy nappy, usually after a few big boy drinks, when that happens I become close and personal friend's with the rash cream!! If you have some time between changes, like mentioned before, then you will normally be ok.😃

I change when I know my diaper has or is close to reaching its capacity when I wet. I like to enjoy the feelings of a messy diaper for several hours before I change. For me, changing a damp or slightly wet diaper is a waste of a diaper. I am pretty accurate at knowing the capacity of my different diapers, but nothing is perfect and I have had the occasional press-out leak in the back.

Reactions: Lyric, littledreamers333, chrischrischris and 1 other person
I purposely wet my diaper with 1 or 2 full bladders worth of pee before going to bed as I like cuddling up under the blanket with that bulge of diaper. In the morning, if I'll be alone for several hours, I like to give it my morning pee as well and wear it for a while. If my wife is home, I'll take it off and change into a fresh diaper. It's just a matter of personal choice.

My bedtime routine as someone who is incontinent is as follows:-

Remove soiled diaper.
Trim pubic hair front and back if needed.
Shower.
Dry off & air time.
Apply barrier cream to diaper area.
Add in a booster pad to diaper.
Fit diaper snugly with male parts pointing down into the diaper fold.
Put on fixation pants Attends.
Waterproof diaper cover.
Depending on season Long or Shot sleeve onesie.
Ready for bed.
Sleep.

I wear 24/7 so it depends how full it already is as in contrast to daytimes I really have to be able to rely on it cause I unconsciously wet at night since years.

For me I want to go to bed with a fresh diaper.
I wear a diaper everynights of the week.
If I wear 24h like today, I'll keep my diaper as long as possible near the bedtime.
For the week I'll wait the bedtime before diapering me up. 🙂

I prefer to put on a completely dry diaper to go to bed in. peeing in my diaper overnight isnt something that i want to risk going wrong because that defeats the purpose, i like peeing in bed to be comfortable and relaxing

If it's just a tiny bit, the diaper is going to do it's job and keep the wet away from the skin well enough. But anything else than "damp" is worth a change.

If you don't change to save money on the diapers, you're gonna have to spend more money on rash creams and ointments if you go to bed wet.

My diapers are always changed before we go to bed. In the mornings, she removes my wet diapers and I shower and then she pins a nice fresh diaper on me and that's good until late afternoon when my diapers are changed again.

If I’m wearing a slightly wet diaper before bed I’d wear it to bed. If you know it will hold it should be fine.

Reactions: chrischrischris
I have never worn at night but I think I would prefer to start the night with a fresh one. Granted I don't know if I would ever relax enough at night to wet it. The closest I think I could do is to be lazy and I just don't get out of bed and I use the diaper and then try and roll over and fall back asleep.

I think it depends a lot on your skin tolerance. My skin can get angry quick and take awhile to recover so i always go to bed dry and don't stay wet very long during the day.

I’m away at the moment and brought enough for one a night! Got ready for bed a few hours ago and soaked it! Have no choice but to not change as no spares for other nights! Luckily it’s a better dry so got a bit more left in it! Wish me luck! I don’t change anyway enjoy the feeling of being wet in bed and waking up even more wet

Back