Calling all ABDL to arms: Tena Slip Active Fit reduction in quality.

Squishynappy said:
This has filled me with dread, Tena slip ultima active fit is my go to nappy (before they ruined the old style maxi's) I don't know why I must have a weird body shape but no other nappy fits me as well as these.
I think I have been lucky as I have not noticed any major problems with any of my packs but it may be just that i have some of the older stock, my most recent pack was made on the 14th of July 2023.
You're not alone, it's the only nappy l get on with too. Many people, (and l know this for fact) are wearing nappies that are too small for them. That makes them look weird, but also inefficient. The Active Fits are slighter smaller than the previous model, so it's natural to think you need the same size for the new one. I found it better to go up a size. It is particularly misleading especially when Tena themselves don't know the measurements of their own products!

Squishynappy said:
I tend to agree, I'm a fool thought I keep buying them (as well as my Tena slip Ultimas) it's like I have this hope that one day they will just magically fit comfortably, i've seen photos of people wearing ABDL nappies and I always think how di they get that on it looks so perfect, I just cannot get them to fit how I feel they should My favourite ABDL nappy is SDK super dry kids, they are not the most absorbent but i usually use them with a booster, but they are the most representative of the nappy I would most love to wear but the tapes always seem like they have been placed to low and the bottom of the tape especially in the corners never sticks properly and ends up peeling and i can feel it rubbing on my skin, I sometimes wonder if I am actually deformed. Unless after almost 30 years I still have not mastered the art of putting a nappy on!
Regarding your ABDL nappies and your anatomy, you cannot blame yourself. Remember that these ABDL companies that manufacture their own nappies are not distinguished in this field and haven't had the budget to research and carry out tests that the industries giants have. This is of course the reason they're also very expensive, but with that in mind you would definitely be expecting a lot for them to fit as well as a top end medical brand.
I hope this makes you feel a bit better👌🏽

Reactions: Squishynappy
Chinese have more adults in nappies than babies this is why they produced better quality more demand baby nappies probably take the hit over there

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

[Tena Customer Service]
[Tena Corporate Headquarters]
[Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]

Subject: Concerns Regarding Declining Quality of Tena Incontinence Products

Dear Tena Customer Service Team,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing as a loyal customer who has been using Tena incontinence products for over <input time> years. While I have appreciated the reliability and effectiveness of your products in the past, I have recently noticed a decline in their quality.

[Optional: Briefly share your positive experiences with Tena products in the past to establish your history as a satisfied customer.]

Unfortunately, I have observed the following issues with recent purchases:

1. [Describe specific quality issues, such as leaks, discomfort, or changes in absorbency.]
  2. [Provide additional details about any other issues you have encountered.]
I understand that product manufacturing can be a complex process, and occasional variations may occur. However, the consistent decline in quality has raised concerns for me and, I presume, other customers who rely on Tena for their incontinence needs.

As a loyal customer, I value the trust I place in Tena products to provide the comfort and protection I need. I am reaching out in the hope that you can address these concerns and, if possible, provide insights into any changes in the manufacturing process or improvements being made to rectify the situation.

I believe that open communication is key to maintaining a strong customer-provider relationship, and I appreciate your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and trust that you will take the necessary steps to maintain the high standard of quality that Tena has been known for.

Thank you for your time and understanding. I remain a dedicated Tena customer and hope to continue using your products with confidence in the future.

Sincerely,

[Your Full Name]

(This is AI generated, if it's not obvious. I plan on sending the letter, even though I don't use their products anymore ((I've noticed the declining quality for some time now)) in order to help the community. Maybe they will listen /shrug)

Reactions: Marting and Lordy
Has anyone had a response from Tena, especially people who sent them a sample?

Ultra generic

1699982527659.png

Reactions: badger50
Lordy said:
You're not alone, it's the only nappy l get on with too. Many people, (and l know this for fact) are wearing nappies that are too small for them. That makes them look weird, but also inefficient. The Active Fits are slighter smaller than the previous model, so it's natural to think you need the same size for the new one. I found it better to go up a size. It is particularly misleading especially when Tena themselves don't know the measurements of their own products!
I'm definitely a "bigger baby" so always go for the largest size, the annoying thing is even though I am within the size requirements I still always want the wings to be longer so i can get the tapes to stick more in the middle, or at least closer to the middle rather than at my sides.

I wrote to them that I'm worried from what I've heard and to explain any changes, and thry asked me to call, but I suffer with anxiety so too anxious to call. Write to their other email but no response :(

You can bet after all these complaints, they're going to start making the best nappies ever! They'll be putting cute little bear prints on them etc and begging, "please just keep buying our merchandise, we will be good from now on!"

• Haha
Reactions: Elmo, Marting and AshtonFreecss
Lordy said:
You can bet after all these complaints, they're going to start making the best nappies ever! They'll be putting cute little bear prints on them etc and begging, "please just keep buying our merchandise, we will be good from now on!"
Looool. One can dream 😔😂

Lordy said:
Same here. I'm optimistic though. Like someone said, they have done this before and then they came back good again. I have reiterated to Tena themselves and to my supplier, the positives of the Active Fits, just hope they reach the right ears!
I do hope that the Tena you recieve are better than the Sept 23 batch. Please keep us informed.

Lordy said:

In relation to the cute bear prints etc., that I really don't care about - after all, my diapers are only exposed to my plushies and not the general public, but it might make it kinda wierd going for a medical exam :unsure: :LOL:

By the way, if they are not 'good' what can we really do - put them in timeout / spank them :ROFLMAO:
Lordy said:
I personally think ABDL nappies are overpriced rubbish. I know medical ones don't have the playfulness to them, but they fit properly and comfort is priority for me.
ABDL nappies/diapers are first or second itteration in the design cycle, and usually not made by the brand that supplies them. A design is created, sent to a diaper maker and a 40" container of same is ordered. The brand that supplies them only sees the finished product on delivery. Due to lack of experience, the final product might be an upscaled babies diaper but this is where it tends to fail.

Most babies diapers fit a baby but have gaps at legs and waist. These are easily taken up with elastic, but the elastic is not to prevent leaks, but to give the impression of a good fit. A babies diaper can absorb 600ml or greater, where a baby voids in 30-50ml every hour. Therefore, the baby diaper theoretically can last ten hours, but is changed every 3 hours or less. As a result, the elastic is never tested to prevent leaks, and those who have had children in diapers know that a messy diaper does leak all over the place depending on the child. An adult diaper needs the proportional absorbancy and the elastic to prevent leaks. Very few adult sized diapers do that properly as one gets into scale and physics - i.e. the diaper needs to be able to hold 1200ml (4 hours daytime) content and lock it away while staying on the adult. The physics is that it is 1.2kg of weight. Velcro tends to stretch/slip at that force. Plastic backing works if it is thin enough to stretch yet thick enough not to tear. ABDL diapers tend to have thicker plastic, so doesn't tend to stretch. As a result, the stickyness of the tapes is slipping and may pop. The way most adult diaper makers deal with this to ignore the problem where the diaper needs to be changed more often as the weight tend to pull the diaper down in an active person.

SCA/Tena were the only company, in my opinion, that got this correct so I am curious if they revert back to what works, or try and force us to use the inferior replacement.

Last edited:
I just got a batch 231104 (so 4th November), in Medium and there are no changes. The print is still faint and the thickness feels the same. They were from incontinencechoice in the UK.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
duey said:
I just got a batch 231104 (so 4th November), in Medium and there are no changes. The print is still faint and the thickness feels the same. They were from incontinencechoice in the UK.
interesting.... hmmm... curiouser and curiouser....

Just received this from Tena after my query about them changing.

'
Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

We have not change this product however if you send us your full address and your size we will put some sample in the post for you to see and try.

Please do not hesitate to reply to this email.'

Looks promising to me

duey said:
Just out of curiosity, what are the 1st 2/3 letters of the code printed on the nappies themselves?

That's the identification for where they were manufactured, so,
NL, Netherlands
POL, Poland
IT, Italy
Etc.
I can't remember off the top of my head where the active fits where made before but I could go and check my reference archive.

They just sent me another email, reassuring me that they haven't changed.

Just got a new sample sent direct from Tena. They look the same as before to me. Think the new ones were just a bad batch?

Attachments

• 17005104494617007787576840042096.jpg
    17005104494617007787576840042096.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
I’ve just received two packs of active fit Maxi and two packs of active fit Ultima and they look and feel exactly like the ones I have had previously and I’m currently using. The date of manufacture of the various packs appears to be between 02/11/2023 and 07/11/2023.

I’ll see how they compare in use this weekend.

Reactions: Marting
Back