Not open for further replies.

Babygeek1987

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I wish when buying diapers, which I have not in a year. I wish they would not look at you funny when you go to the store.

I have been made fun of before at Dollar general, the cute lady said oh honey I don't think these will fit you. Then started to laugh.

• Sad
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger
Babygeek1987 said:
I wish when buying diapers, which I have not in a year. I wish they would not look at you funny when you go to the store.

I have been made fun of before at Dollar general, the cute lady said oh honey I don't think these will fit you. Then started to laugh.

That's when you laugh back and say they arent off you

Say "They are for my Cousin" or something like that as a cover story if they are heckling you like that

Or better yet maybe just buy somewhere else?

I have bought Diapers at the store before and the Cashier just rings me out and says nothing about the Diapers

They dont care 99.99% of the time

Reactions: checkingoutall
Since I need to wear diapers 24 / 7 now-a-days, I stopped caring what others think a long time ago.
I use to do my diaper shopping at GoodWill a lot of the time ( being very poor sucked ) , and EVERYONE seen me carrying packs of adult diapers ( if they where available ) around the stores .

Reactions: Blondediaperlover and checkingoutall
Unless you are in that store so regularly and get that cashier every time, I think they're just making small talk. I was a cashier at a discount store when I was a teenager, and while there were some customers I remembered, it was not common. There were just so many people and you don't waste time studying people's faces.

If if really bothers you and you live in a small town with few options, try mixing up the day/time you visit. But the best reaction is no reaction. Do your best to not be nervous. Smile and say, "what, no? I'll need to bring a tape measure next time!" Etc. They shouldn't be saying anything, but laughing along with them is probably the best way to dismiss it.

Order them to Amazon lockers. You avoid that problem.

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger, Marcella and Blondediaperlover
I buy diapers I don’t care what people think. I wear diapers like my bras all the time

• Love
Reactions: Babygeek1987 and lil_baby_tigger
I wear diapers all the time just like I wear my leggings and yoga pants.

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger, Blondediaperlover and Babygeek1987
I actually look forward to buying my diapers because of the experience. I’ve never had a bad one. I’ve had some looks, but no comments.

Reactions: Blondediaperlover, Babygeek1987 and checkingoutall
Lostboy123 said:
Order them to Amazon lockers. You avoid that problem.
those are not an option for many folks ...

I got powder, wipes, and lotion today.

Gonna get goodnights soon.

• Love
Just tell her that you’re not sure so you’ll have to take them home and try them on, if they don’t fit you’ll bring them back. Stay padded, even if you have to bring them back☹️

• Love
Can YOU show me ones that will? Back in the late 80s-89 or 90, I was at an old mom pop RX lingering at the diapers when the oner asked what can I help you with young man. DR, Green sent me her for nite and day needs. on fuss. Then there are those places the casher is shacking and blushing trying to ring me up. It the bravest person to plop that bog of diapers on the counter.

Is there a different store you can go to that has self-checkout lanes? You would avoid cashiers that way.

I didn’t have a problem with buying diapers in person in the past, but I order diapers online nowadays. I do this because I cannot find decent diapers in brick and mortar stores over here in the US.

I remember the first time I bought adult diapers, back when I was 20. I went to a little pharmacy. I was very nervous. They asked if they were for a senior, and I said "no." In hindsight, I think it was either just making conversation, or there may have been a discount to be applied. That was the most awkward diaper purchase I made.

Recently, I made three diaper purchases in one day. My first stop was a medical store, which disappointingly had regular Tena cloth-backed diapers as their best product. So I bought a pack, no questions. Then I went to a local pharmacy to buy some plastic Depends. Self-checkout, so no questions there. Then I went to another pharmacy, since I saw they had a few packs of the now defunct Depend Adjustable diapers on special. I bought those at the till, no questions.

It seems like if you go into a medical store and look comfortable, they just assume the products are part of your life somehow, and send you on your way. If you are nervous, you might be asked questions.

My mother use to tell me as a kid that my wife/girlfriend would test me by sending me to go buy tampons or pads. So she trained me to not care.

If your a teenager buying baby diapers, people will assume you're a baby sitter.
If you're older than 18 and buying baby diapers, people will think you have a kid.
If you're younger OR older than 18 but buying adult diapers, people will assume someone in your family needs them.

Long story short, nobody will think of you as weird.

Now, if you decide to go buy a bottle of lube, a cucumber and the latest copy of hustler....well....that's a different story.

• Haha
Reactions: DprEffect
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back