Bladder pain

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I had a UTI a couple of weeks ago, and it's triggered a particularly nasty flare of my interstitial cystitis. Now I'm struggling with ask the usual UTI symptoms, like pain and urgency, but with no UTI to clear up to get some relief.

My bladder hurts all the time, and there's always the feeling that it's full even right after I pee. That makes it hard to judge when it's full, and I have been getting spasms and leaking badly if i I let it get above 200 ml. I've been taking phenazopyridine (Azo), and it helps a lot but doesn't get rid of all the pain.

I haven't had a bad flare in several years, and I had forgotten just how bad they get.

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater
I got ialuril for my bladder pain. I think it helped, as I haven’t had a flare for several months and it really did calm my bladder, though it stayed overactive with severe and sudden urges rendering me completely incontinent. Though in the recent days my bladder has been acting up somewhat again. Peeing has again become a bit uncomfortable and severe urges again triggered at very low volume in my bladder, as well as frequency has also increased. In my last urine test before I had biopsies done, they sad they discovered a tiny bit of blood in my urine again, it can be that which has triggered a slight flare in my symptoms lately.
Urologist is certain though, that I don’t have cancer. The very reason I was offered new biopsies. However I’ll know more in a couple of weeks when I have a consultation.

Anyway, I can recommend ialuril bladder instillations. Bit I think it’s really expensive though.

Reactions: Edgewater
ltaluv said:
I had a UTI a couple of weeks ago, and it's triggered a particularly nasty flare of my interstitial cystitis. Now I'm struggling with ask the usual UTI symptoms, like pain and urgency, but with no UTI to clear up to get some relief.

My bladder hurts all the time, and there's always the feeling that it's full even right after I pee. That makes it hard to judge when it's full, and I have been getting spasms and leaking badly if i I let it get above 200 ml. I've been taking phenazopyridine (Azo), and it helps a lot but doesn't get rid of all the pain.

I haven't had a bad flare in several years, and I had forgotten just how bad they get.
Your UTI may have backed into your kidneys' and harbored there and has now reinfected your bladder. Not a expert, but had it happen to me.

Back