Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
  6. Other
I have noticed that there aren't many forums for caregivers so I would like to post this here!

Don't have to be pro! I don't care about that! I just want to reach out to other Bigs! Meet other Bigs as well as littles!

Who out there is a big/caregiver?

Reactions: passion4life and Kyma
Yes, it would be nice to know how many Big Caregivers are here. Doesn't appear to be many. Interested as I am a "switch". I would love to care for a little and yet I would love to be cared for. Ummmm. Confusing I guess. Maybe it is in a "fantasy" category (or bucket list)

Reactions: BigKid25, ABoy and MissAstra
passion4life said:
Yes, it would be nice to know how many Big Caregivers are here. Doesn't appear to be many. Interested as I am a "switch". I would love to care for a little and yet I would love to be cared for. Ummmm. Confusing I guess. Maybe it is in a "fantasy" category (or bucket list)
I am a switch as well!!

Despite what my name may lead one to assume I am a switch. I've always felt it much more natural for me to occupy the caregiver roll. What do you enjoy about being a caregiver MissAstra? I'd also love to hear your input passion4life. I'll admit, I haven't had to opportunity to assume the role of caretaker for anyone yet. In my previous relationship my partner tried to participate, but she wasn't into Little stuff. I still liked to do thing to make her comfortable, like fix her a bubble bath so she could soak after a long day of work. I love the Idea of giving someone else a safe space, and helping them feel small and taken care of.

• Love
Reactions: BigKid25 and MissAstra
ABoy said:
Despite what my name may lead one to assume I am a switch. I've always felt it much more natural for me to occupy the caregiver roll. What do you enjoy about being a caregiver MissAstra? I'd also love to hear your input passion4life. I'll admit, I haven't had to opportunity to assume the role of caretaker for anyone yet. In my previous relationship my partner tried to participate, but she wasn't into Little stuff. I still liked to do thing to make her comfortable, like fix her a bubble bath so she could soak after a long day of work. I love the Idea of giving someone else a safe space, and helping them feel small and taken care of.
You know, I can only mention to you what I have enjoyed from the little ones I have had in the past! I love being a nurturing and guiding force! I also love the tender connection between a big and a little!

MissAstra said:
I am a switch as well!!
Cool. Would love to chat sometime. Are you on DD as well?

MissAstra said:
You know, I can only mention to you what I have enjoyed from the little ones I have had in the past! I love being a nurturing and guiding force! I also love the tender connection between a big and a little!
I like what you've said about there being a tender connection between a big and a little. Even without experiencing that first hand, I know that to be true. I can feel it within myself. Being a switch, I draw from a lot of my own fantasies, and how I feel about what I imagine I would want as an AB. Truth be told I have a hard time feeling little, even though I love all the little things. That may be because it can be difficult for me to be vulnerable, and being little takes a whole lot of vulnerability. I think what makes being a caregiver special is that vulnerability, or the relationship to it. Its hard not to feel washed over by love when someone accepts you and wants to help you express yourself in whatever way makes you happy. I'm curious to hear about some of your experience, if you feel comfortable sharing. What sorts of things have you done with the littles you have cared for? Did they have any difficulty being vulnerable? If so, what did you do to help them over come that? Again, there is no obligation to answer, but I would love to hear a little about your experience as a caregiver.

Reactions: MissAstra
As a switch I am super interested in being a caregiver to someone, I haven't done it much at all but really want to learn and try it. Whatever I have tried in role play situations (just online) was super fun for me and only made me want to try it more with others.

surprise35 said:
As a switch I am super interested in being a caregiver to someone, I haven't done it much at all but really want to learn and try it. Whatever I have tried in role play situations (just online) was super fun for me and only made me want to try it more with others.
Would you mind sharing the things that you have tried?
Would love to hear more!!

ABoy said:
I like what you've said about there being a tender connection between a big and a little. Even without experiencing that first hand, I know that to be true. I can feel it within myself. Being a switch, I draw from a lot of my own fantasies, and how I feel about what I imagine I would want as an AB. Truth be told I have a hard time feeling little, even though I love all the little things. That may be because it can be difficult for me to be vulnerable, and being little takes a whole lot of vulnerability. I think what makes being a caregiver special is that vulnerability, or the relationship to it. Its hard not to feel washed over by love when someone accepts you and wants to help you express yourself in whatever way makes you happy. I'm curious to hear about some of your experience, if you feel comfortable sharing. What sorts of things have you done with the littles you have cared for? Did they have any difficulty being vulnerable? If so, what did you do to help them over come that? Again, there is no obligation to answer, but I would love to hear a little about your experience as a caregiver.
What sorts of things have you done with the littles you have cared for?

Well, I would have gotten to know them first! Learn things they like and their current schedules. I would then see what they need. Do they need more play time? More sleep? Better sleep schedule or be reminded to take more washes? It is all very personally developed.

Once those things were established and their needs become known then I would help where I could. Enforcing a bedtime and a wake up time. Coming up with a 'bedtime ritual' such as potty, wash your hands, and then brush your teeth etc.

Then I would go on further. Diaper checks for changes. Keeping good hygiene and proper care not to stay in messy/wet britches too long. Making sure they ate at least 3 meals and something healthy and sustainable. Its all about their health, happiness and comfort! Making sure that their needs are met.

Did they have any difficulty being vulnerable? If so, what did you do to help them over come that?

The few real little ones that I have personally cared for were, at first, shy and anxious. It took a short time to get to know them and their wants and needs. Then we would have a better time finding those comfort zones for the dynamic and littlespace. I would guide them with positive reassurance. Validating their behavior and comforting them in their vulnerable state. "Mommy is here." "Everything will be just fine." Guidance, trust, communication and reassurance!

Also, drawing from your own idea of needs and wants does help with setting the headspace for your little one and yourself as their big. Putting yourself in their shoes, so to speak.

Reactions: lilstevie56, littlemoosey and ABoy
MissAstra said:
What sorts of things have you done with the littles you have cared for?

Well, I would have gotten to know them first! Learn things they like and their current schedules. I would then see what they need. Do they need more play time? More sleep? Better sleep schedule or be reminded to take more washes? It is all very personally developed.

Once those things were established and their needs become known then I would help where I could. Enforcing a bedtime and a wake up time. Coming up with a 'bedtime ritual' such as potty, wash your hands, and then brush your teeth etc.

Then I would go on further. Diaper checks for changes. Keeping good hygiene and proper care not to stay in messy/wet britches too long. Making sure they ate at least 3 meals and something healthy and sustainable. Its all about their health, happiness and comfort! Making sure that their needs are met.

Did they have any difficulty being vulnerable? If so, what did you do to help them over come that?

The few real little ones that I have personally cared for were, at first, shy and anxious. It took a short time to get to know them and their wants and needs. Then we would have a better time finding those comfort zones for the dynamic and littlespace. I would guide them with positive reassurance. Validating their behavior and comforting them in their vulnerable state. "Mommy is here." "Everything will be just fine." Guidance, trust, communication and reassurance!

Also, drawing from your own idea of needs and wants does help with setting the headspace for your little one and yourself as their big. Putting yourself in their shoes, so to speak.
I remember when I first had a appointment with a mother like figure for hire, I was extremely nervous,scared and anxious the first couple times. It takes a while to get comfortable and not feel vulnerable, I think it’s because of all these feelings being held back for most of our lives are built up and the feeling of these feelings being exposed for the first time can be very overwhelming at first.

Twee said:
I remember when I first had a appointment with a mother like figure for hire, I was extremely nervous,scared and anxious the first couple times. It takes a while to get comfortable and not feel vulnerable, I think it’s because of all these feelings being held back for most of our lives are built up and the feeling of these feelings being exposed for the first time can be very overwhelming at first.
Lovely insight and very true! As adults you are taught to hide the childish parts of yourself so being faced with a setting that tells you its okay causes small panic before settling into trust and vulnerability! Lots of communication and positive reassurance helps tons!

Last edited:
MissAstra said:
Would you mind sharing the things that you have tried?
Would love to hear more!!
I guess online it's easier to try things but I really loved just going through a whole day role play with someone. So starting off with checking their diaper in the morning, changing them, helping them choose an outfit for the day, making them a breakfast that they want, holding them, carrying them around a bit, playing with some toys or stuffed animals with them. It was fun to imagine going outside with them to a park, or the mall or somewhere else public and taking care of them in front of others too. So if they needed a change or a bottle, trying a find a private place to do that or just imaging doing that in public with people watching.

With online it seemed we could let our imaginations go a bit more, I'm sure in person it has to be more of a slower process to see where both people are comfortable. My in person experiences were more me being changed and taken care of but I did also switch with one person and change their diapers which I really loved.

Reactions: EternalBaby94
I was a "daddy" to a little "boy" actually older than me, but his increasingly odd (to me) sexual needs drove us apart.

I'm a baby girl now and have a Big. NOT sexual at all.. As innocent as a "real" one year old.But I went to college for education and worked as a nanny before. I liked taking care of little ones but I just never could see myself as a Big taking care of an AB

Back