BetterDry Day Arrived...

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
And oh my gosh I have never been so excited to open a pack of nappies before! I ripped open the paper package and took out the beautiful blue packaging, a sunny day and happy people dancing...

Could this finally be it? A real nappy, which is discreet enough for the daytime, but also absorbent? The Holy Grail of nappies...

I tore open the pack. The nappies were so white, gleaming, immaculate like fresh fallen snow. My heart leaped for joy, I opened a nappy and thought... yikes, this looks small. I checked the pack, "M: 29-43 inches." Phew I thought, I'm well below 43". Well I don't know if this is inaccurate or I am a lot fatter than I thought, but these were a tight fit, nearly didn't fit at all, barely squeezed them on, and I wear a 36" in jeans.

However, their smallness may have helped contribute to how discreet these are! Even in joggers, after one or two wettings, with a long tee shirt they're totally unnoticeable. They are really comfy and soft, I'll be getting L next time (not sure why I ordered M, maybe thought they would be more discreet? Can't remember.) But I have finally found my daytime nappy! So happy :)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BlueHama, BirdieM and 2 others
I have been using them as my day time diaper since January. I switched from the Seni Super Plus diapers (their second most absorbent diaper). I wanted a plastic back diaper to help control the smell a little better. I have been very happy with them for my daytime needs. Thin but absorbent. I use two a day with a diaper change into the second one between 3-5 pm. And the price is great to at llmedico which I use to help gage a diapers quality. At a $1.12 per diaper they work perfectly for me and as expected for the price. If I am on a double at work I add a booster in one with plastic pants and that gets me through my shift.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, diapeybabybrian and JonahAteAWhale
IncontinentArtist said:
I have been using them as my day time diaper since January. I switched from the Seni Super Plus diapers (their second most absorbent diaper). I wanted a plastic back diaper to help control the smell a little better. I have been very happy with them for my daytime needs. Thin but absorbent. I use two a day with a diaper change into the second one between 3-5 pm. And the price is great to at llmedico which I use to help gage a diapers quality. At a $1.12 per diaper they work perfectly for me and as expected for the price. If I am on a double at work I add a booster in one with plastic pants and that gets me through my shift.
Good to hear you also find them great! It's been a few days with using them as my daytime nappy now and they're perfect. Totally incognito even in just ordinary joggers and a tee-shirt. I would say just about as discreet as a Goodnite XL (my previous daytime nappy) but way more absorbent. I do wish I had ordered the L though as the medium is a tight fit.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
JonahAteAWhale said:
And oh my gosh I have never been so excited to open a pack of nappies before! I ripped open the paper package and took out the beautiful blue packaging, a sunny day and happy people dancing...

Could this finally be it? A real nappy, which is discreet enough for the daytime, but also absorbent? The Holy Grail of nappies...

I tore open the pack. The nappies were so white, gleaming, immaculate like fresh fallen snow. My heart leaped for joy, I opened a nappy and thought... yikes, this looks small. I checked the pack, "M: 29-43 inches." Phew I thought, I'm well below 43". Well I don't know if this is inaccurate or I am a lot fatter than I thought, but these were a tight fit, nearly didn't fit at all, barely squeezed them on, and I wear a 36" in jeans.

However, their smallness may have helped contribute to how discreet these are! Even in joggers, after one or two wettings, with a long tee shirt they're totally unnoticeable. They are really comfy and soft, I'll be getting L next time (not sure why I ordered M, maybe thought they would be more discreet? Can't remember.) But I have finally found my daytime nappy! So happy :)
I'm glad you're pleased with the product. I also wanted to congratulate you on a bit of very good writing. You have a very pleasing style.

Reactions: Stevepw and JonahAteAWhale
PadPhilosopher said:
I'm glad you're pleased with the product. I also wanted to congratulate you on a bit of very good writing. You have a very pleasing style.
Thank you PadPhilosopher, I was in a playful mood lol because I was so happy with the nappy :)

Glad you like these too!

BetterDry Day have become my go-to also; I don't really need or want the bulk of the BetterDry, but the BetterDry Day's are perfect! Enough capacity that I trust it overnight but more than enough for if I choose to wear during the day also.

I agree that the sizing seems to run slightly small - but I'm comparing that to MegaMax's that tend to run noticably larger than other products, and Molicare Slip Maxi's Mediums are perfect for me and Large too big, if you haven't tried those out yet I highly recommend you try those too! They're pretty good alternatives!

But I too think my next case will be large with this product - even though I'm solidly within the waist and hip measurements to be a "medium". I don't like the tapes being fastened so far onto the wing and not closer to the center, I'm really hoping that the large size doesn't make the rise too high and take away discreetness - or create any gaps around my legs because functionally the mediums are great!

Very impressed with the form-fitting design and I also like their plastic backing, not too-thin that it's noisy and plastic but not too thick that it's overly noticeable like I feel when wearing a MegaMax.

Cheers!

Reactions: BigAl2, JonahAteAWhale and PadPhilosopher
JonahAteAWhale said:
Good to hear you also find them great! It's been a few days with using them as my daytime nappy now and they're perfect. Totally incognito even in just ordinary joggers and a tee-shirt. I would say just about as discreet as a Goodnite XL (my previous daytime nappy) but way more absorbent. I do wish I had ordered the L though as the medium is a tight fit.
Well you have to remember that Goodnites aren't meant for adults. So it stands to reason that they aren't going to be anywhere close to a quality made diaper that is meant for adults.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BigAl2 and JonahAteAWhale
IncontinentArtist said:
Well you have to remember that Goodnites aren't meant for adults. So it stands to reason that they aren't going to be anywhere close to a quality made diaper that is meant for adults.
Yes exactly. But I relied on Goodnites for work as they were the most discreet by far. Other times I would wear Tena ActiveFit as my daytime nappy. But now I have found BetterDry Day I am very happy :)

JonahAteAWhale said:
Yes exactly. But I relied on Goodnites for work as they were the most discreet by far. Other times I would wear Tena ActiveFit as my daytime nappy. But now I have found BetterDry Day I am very happy :)
It's always a great feeling, especially with diapers to find something you can rely on.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, JonahAteAWhale and BigAl2
Something does not add up here. OP you said them medium BetterDry are tight. But you can wear good nites. I have a 38 inch waist. And them Medium BetterDry night version fit me fine. Im 5ft 8 200 LBS.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and JonahAteAWhale
BigAl2 said:
Something does not add up here. OP you said them medium BetterDry are tight. But you can wear good nites. I have a 38 inch waist. And them Medium BetterDry night version fit me fine. Im 5ft 8 200 LBS.
Yes I thought the BetterDry would fit fine but they don't. It's the bottom tabs that are the problem, they barely stretch around my thighs. I think because the Goodnites have very stretchy sides they accommodate my thighs. I have a 36" waist in jeans.

Also: Goodnites recently became uncomfortable to wear and I weighed myself, I have gained 4lbs. So I think I have now tipped into "too fat for Goodnites" having been borderline before.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BigAl2
I have tried the BetterDry 7 and 10 and really liked them but prefer Tena actives for their fit.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BigAl2 and JonahAteAWhale
Tenawearer said:
I have tried the BetterDry 7 and 10 and really liked them but prefer Tena actives for their fit.
Tena ActiveFit are good nappies for their price I think. Tena ProSkin are awful though.

• Haha
Reactions: Squirrely, PadPhilosopher and BigAl2
I use the USA Tena proskin ultra for day time. There not to bad for my needs. I change after 3 wettings. I have enough issues with rash. I can feel the wetness. It's time to change. I get 200 a month from my insurance.

Haven't tried pro skin slips, the standard cloth backed and flex I have tried but there is something about plastic......😁😁. Tempted to try Dailee but definitely with plastic pants over the top.

BigAl2 said:
I use the USA Tena proskin ultra for day time. There not to bad for my needs. I change after 3 wettings. I have enough issues with rash. I can feel the wetness. It's time to change. I get 200 a month from my insurance.
I really don't like ProSkin. The main thing I don't like is the feeling of the cloth outer cover. It goes right through me. Really hate it. But also, the tabs keep coming undone, do you have that problem?

No the tabs stay put. There is a trick to them. After you apply them. Give them a tug going against the the diaper. It sets them in place. I find them comfortable in the summer. I do like a plastic backed now and then though. I have a case of Tranquility ATN on the way. For occasional day time plastic backed wear. When the cloth like first came out they were terrible. Leaked often. They have come a long way. At night plastic backed always for me.

BigAl2 said:
No the tabs stay put. There is a trick to them. After you apply them. Give them a tug going against the the diaper. It sets them in place. I find them comfortable in the summer. I do like a plastic backed now and then though. I have a case of Tranquility ATN on the way. For occasional day time plastic backed wear. When the cloth like first came out they were terrible. Leaked often. They have come a long way. At night plastic backed always for me.
Ah thanks for this tip! I may try it. I have a pack of ProSkin and I've only used one.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BigAl2
You will learn as you go. I been at this for 25 years. I saw a lot of changes to products over the years.

Back