Twinmom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Have a diaper rash on my bum. What is the best treatment

Reactions: Diprs2 and KrankyPants
Zinc oxide helps a whole lot!

Reactions: Diprs2, greatlake5 and checkingoutall
You can also use a barrier cream like Vaseline (petroleum jelly) or use baby oil. Be forewarned that using mineral oils or Vaseline can cause the leak guards of your diaper to fail, though. Use in moderation and I hope you heal quickly! 🙂

Reactions: Diprs2
Hi twinmom sorry to hear you have diaper rash. Other than that I hope you are well.

I use a healing barrier cream with 15.25% zinc oxide called 'Sudocrem' with every nappy change. Also I air out when I can and mostly try to spend as little time in a used nappy, as possible.
I am fortunate in that I have only a mild form of bowel incontinence and in four years of full time nappy wearing, I have not had any rash issues.

Wish you a quick and comfortable recovery.

For me, I use the baby diaper rash cream that is 40% zinc and lots of powder. I also will try to air out a little before putting on night diaper and going to bed. The one thing that causes me diaper rash is cloth backed diapers. My diaper rash ends up being around the leg openings so when that happens, I also make sure I use only plastic backed diapers till it's gone. Normally in 24hrs of heavy zinc cream and powder, any and all burning is gone for me.

Thanks to you all I will try them. Can't really do the airing out. I have 0 bladder control now. The time that I feel the need to pee and wetting my diaper is just seconds now. God bless you all

To air out I just sit on a large comfort maxi pad for a while. My wife has seen it all and is not phased by it.

I air out almost every night after my shower while watching TV I just lay in bed on top of a disposable pad ...of something happens no biggie .I also use zinc oxide and baby powder. Got to try and keep the skin healthy
👍

KrankyPants said:
Zinc oxide helps a whole lot!
If it becomes extremely painful, it might be a yeast infection. I had one like that and it just didn't heal. I finally went to the doctor and he prescribed
nystatin and trimcinolone acetonide cream. If it's just regular diaper rash, zinc oxide works great.

Reactions: Diprs2, Happy2BeInNappies2 and Raven801
Back