Best Diaper or Pull-Up for Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I want to start wearing 24/7 again, right now I wear goodnites at work because they are sleek and not noticeable, but I want a diaper with a bigger crotch, more absorbency and something that's easier to change in a bathroom stall. And to top it off I am constantly bending up and down due to being a car mechanic, I have considered getting a all black snap crotch onesie to wear under my uniform. I am open to cloth and plastic as the noise should not be a problem in a loud shop, I also have your normal 32" waist of a typical guy if that helps at all!

I bought a package of Attends Advanced Briefs they seem to be slim but according to the label it says they are for sever absorbency so hopefully it's what I am looking for they cost about $0.42 a diaper! I am still open to suggestions this was the best thing the drug store had other then depends and I know those won't meet my standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work at a marine terminal and am fairly active at work too. Right now I'm using either a ConfiDry 24/7 or a Northshore Supreme. They are bulky, but my work clothes are lose fitting, so without someone taking a good hard look, they don't show even when very full. I went to these products over the thinner cloth backed type because I can usually stay in the same brief for an 8 to 10 hr shift. For me this is much better than changing especially when I don't always know where I'll be or what I'll be doing. I also think it's worth the higher cost per.

So far I've experienced only one small leak, but the brief continued to hold the rest of the day

What I've learned from my experience so far: 1) A body suit or onesie is a must. From what I can tell, the biggest problem with staying in the same brief for so long is sagging. I'm, for some reason, partial to the body suit which holds things in place and smoothes out the bulges. I think keeping the brief close to helps prevent leaks too. 2) I use a booster pad. Not sure I even need it, but I wet a good bit. 3) use some cologne. If I'm inside toward the end of the day, I notice some odor. My incontinance is urinary, but still after 6 or 7 hrs of wetting, I can tell. The cologne covers that. 4) A good coat of A n D each morning has helped prevent any rash so far. Also, I'm shaved. 5) Im prepared to change if I feel the need.

I've been very happy with both of the products I use. Not needing to change is worth the added cost and I think too much gets made of others being able to tell. I think repeated trips to change would be more noticeable where I wk.

You don't want something that lite for work, you want at least at prevails level with a stuffer. If you really want to rely on a diaper you need you know will handle at least 4-5 hours of wettings. The attends are pretty good but do clump and fall appart. also they get this weird sticking issue that sometimes rips the shell and leaves fluff going over your butt or in bad cases down your leg.

Last edited:
I've found that ABU's preschool make an excellent at-work diaper for me. They're thicker, more absorbent, all plastic, mostly white, have great leak guards, and durable enough to last all day. And they're not too pricey or too thick for wearing at work. In the past I've worn waddlers (originals, discontinued), Tena Slip Maxi Plastic (discontinued, no waist elastic), and Totaldry Plus (not xplus, low durability and no waist elastic)

A onesie would be a good idea if you're going to be bending over a lot at work, they'll be seeing plastic waistband instead of plumber's crack!

trouble63 said:
I work at a marine terminal and am fairly active at work too. Right now I'm using either a ConfiDry 24/7 or a Northshore Supreme. They are bulky, but my work clothes are lose fitting, so without someone taking a good hard look, they don't show even when very full. I went to these products over the thinner cloth backed type because I can usually stay in the same brief for an 8 to 10 hr shift. For me this is much better than changing especially when I don't always know where I'll be or what I'll be doing. I also think it's worth the higher cost per.

So far I've experienced only one small leak, but the brief continued to hold the rest of the day

What I've learned from my experience so far: 1) A body suit or onesie is a must. From what I can tell, the biggest problem with staying in the same brief for so long is sagging. I'm, for some reason, partial to the body suit which holds things in place and smoothes out the bulges. I think keeping the brief close to helps prevent leaks too. 2) I use a booster pad. Not sure I even need it, but I wet a good bit. 3) use some cologne. If I'm inside toward the end of the day, I notice some odor. My incontinance is urinary, but still after 6 or 7 hrs of wetting, I can tell. The cologne covers that. 4) A good coat of A n D each morning has helped prevent any rash so far. Also, I'm shaved. 5) Im prepared to change if I feel the need.

I've been very happy with both of the products I use. Not needing to change is worth the added cost and I think too much gets made of others being able to tell. I think repeated trips to change would be more noticeable where I wk.

Which northshore do you like better the plastic or cloth I have tried both but can't remember which one I liked better now

I second ABU Preschool diapers. I wear them at work and can pull them up and down to he's the restroom with no issues.

DLScottsman said:
I second ABU Preschool diapers. I wear them at work and can pull them up and down to he's the restroom with no issues.

(highfive) Ahh, a scottsman... but do you wear a kilt? I must admit I'm a little jealous of the gals that can go out and to work etc padded with their diaper uncovered, with nothing but a skirt to hide it from view. Nice to keep it aired out too, and not compressed by the crotch seam of my pants :(

I recommend Northshore Supreme or Confidry. People do not notice the added bulk, but they will notice a thin diaper that's leaked.

BrandenDL4ever said:
Which northshore do you like better the plastic or cloth I have tried both but can't remember which one I liked better now

I have no experience with Northshore's cloth backed. I've only used the Supreme which I like a lot. For cloth backed products, I use Tena.

trouble63 said:
I have no experience with Northshore's cloth backed. I've only used the Supreme which I like a lot. For cloth backed products, I use Tena.

I just tried the Tena pull ups from the free sample link. I thought they were actually pretty good for cloth backed pull ups.

Abena M3 diapers have never given me trouble.

Jwis said:
I just tried the Tena pull ups from the free sample link. I thought they were actually pretty good for cloth backed pull ups.

I've used Tena pull ups. They were actually women's, but they fit me great and were pretty comfortable. Just not a lot of absorbency

Molicare super plus plastic backed or Abena *4(S, M or L). Also plastic pants are good. If I wear, I use high waist so it completely covers the nappy and the nappy waist band doesn't stick out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back