Best boosters?

clevermoose02

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
So far I've only tried the northshore ones and the larges dont seem long enough / they seem to bunch up a lot. Anyone have suggestions? I primarily use L or XL megamax

Reactions: DiaperTV
Contour boosters only don't unfold them side to side as then they render the standing leak guards useless. I've had the best results with the Tranquility XL SUPER PLUS contour booster pads though if you're in a medium of smaller dip, go down to the smaller contour booster pads. With a contour booster and a Betterdry (now Megamax courtesy of the VA!) I've gone over 24 hours asleep and woke up in a DRENCHED diaper but a dry bed (dry underpads)..... Feel free to ask me anything. 20 years of living with this teaches you a LOT!

Compared to how long I’ve been wearing diapers, boosters are still somewhat of a recent development for me. With that being said, I do not have as much experience trying out as many different brands as the amount of different diapers I’ve tried out.

One that stands out to me is the Rearz Overnight booster pads. Thickest I’ve come across to date. To put them into perspective, all of the others I’ve seen come packed folded in half lengthwise in their packaging and are meant to be unfolded when inserting into the diaper. Not these. They come packed flat, ready to be placed inside a diaper. Try folding them in half, they will not stay that way on their own. Think a wrap or flatbread vs. sliced bread. They’re also scented, which is a nice touch. These are my go-to combined with an overnight diaper that will get me through work and my commute to/from, 10-12 hours and prevents me from having to change at work. It is what gives me more trust in a cloth-backed disposable and allows me to get more wear out of one. I’ll even remove a diaper that is just about filled to capacity, turn the booster pad around and reapply the diaper and get a few more hours of wear/use out of it.

Frankly, the thickness of such a booster pad does have its downsides. Combined with an overnight diaper, the bulge between my legs does get uncomfortable, even while dry, especially when sitting in traffic on my way to work or in the office at my desk. When wet and just about at capacity, it can get slightly uncomfortable too and results in lots of shifting in my chair or seat. It’s important to position it correctly between the leak guards so if trying to use it with a diaper that lacks tall standing leak guards, there is a greater risk of leaks.

Reactions: joemama
Get your self Tranquility contour booster
don't unfold the wings
place it in your diaper as just a long rectangle.
I use this one all the time works great in my Abena L4

Reactions: CptKirk
We use dotty diaper company boosters and attends deo plus. Obviously for different needs at different times.

I always use Maximizers with Sani Sensitive Extra Protection briefs. Not only they make the diapers look thicker and cozier but also increase their absorbency capacity up to 80%!

Attachments

• 20210921161549_sani_maximizer_20tmch.jpeg
    20210921161549_sani_maximizer_20tmch.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 3
CptKirk said:
Contour boosters only don't unfold them side to side as then they render the standing leak guards useless. I've had the best results with the Tranquility XL SUPER PLUS contour booster pads though if you're in a medium of smaller dip, go down to the smaller contour booster pads. With a contour booster and a Betterdry (now Megamax courtesy of the VA!) I've gone over 24 hours asleep and woke up in a DRENCHED diaper but a dry bed (dry underpads)..... Feel free to ask me anything. 20 years of living with this teaches you a LOT!
I'll have to try these. As for the leak guards, they really don't help but if you are wearing a quality diaper (like the old Confidry 24/7 or my now Abena), they already have good leak guards. I've been using NorthShore Eternadry contour pads for quite a while and they work great. But what you described, they sound good too. I use a booster every night along with plastic pants (tend to flood) and a waterproof bed pad. The bed pad never get's soaked, just a little damp occasionally. Sometimes I'll use Eternadry booster during the day when I can't changed when I want to. I'll have to look at the prices first. For me (IC), I'm not looking for the thickness (like some abdl people) but any good booster already swell when wet.

BabyTweetyBird said:
I always use Maximizers with Sani Sensitive Extra Protection briefs. Not only they make the diapers look thicker and cozier but also increase their absorbency capacity up to 80%!
Where can we buy these from and have shipped to the USA? I have searched many pharmacy's in Greece and it seems sold out.

SirRichard said:
Where can we buy these from and have shipped to the USA? I have searched many pharmacy's in Greece and it seems sold out.
Extra Protection briefs and Maximizers are available in the aisles of certain domestic grocery stores. They can also be ordered through www.akratia.gr and select online retail outlets. They cannot be shipped overseas.

Mega Disposables has their own Iasi brand used exclusively for export outside Greece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back