Baristas.

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm addicted to coffee. But I only drink a couple of cups each day. Too much and I get too jittery. I go to my favorite coffee shop almost everyday and I have a really good barista. I've known her for years. I usually drink normal coffee. Nothing fancy. But she's introduced other types of coffee drinks and now I take her advise. I've always liked a doppio espresso. Liked the jolt. She gives me a latte and sometimes a mocha too. I like that too. Cappuccino surprised me. Interesting.

But she told me she's leaving. She said she's going back to school (she never finished). Wants to be a teacher. I was heartbroken but I told her it would be better off for her.
She did say she might be coming back but only for the weekends. So maybe I'll still see her? I hope so.

Reactions: checkingoutall and jamiejamie
Glad she decided to go back and finish what schooling she missed/needed.

I don't personally know any of the baristas that fix my drinks, but several of them know me by the type of drink I order. My go to drink has 8 shots in it. Did have one Barista that really cared about me and asked if I was o.k. and even wrote a note on my cup letting me know they were concerned because of the 8 shots as well as having that several nights in a row, normally later in the evening. I thanked them very much for their concern about me and let them know that all is good.

I have a couple baristas. Both are really good (and funny). I always give them a good tip. I'm sure they appreciate the tip.My coggee shop has a general tip jar but I put a good tip in the jar and give my barista another one straight to them (secretly).

Reactions: checkingoutall
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I have a couple baristas. Both are really good (and funny). I always give them a good tip. I'm sure they appreciate the tip.My coggee shop has a general tip jar but I put a good tip in the jar and give my barista another one straight to them (secretly).
When I have great service, I always give extra/above and beyond. This is one time I wish I could give the one that really cared extra tip, but it's a Starbucks and very hard to do that. We only have a couple of private owned shops and it's hard for me to make it to those before they close.

Back