Bambino

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Another sale.
I'll ask this again. Why the hell aren't the other big ABDL diaper suppliers offering these types of sales?

Seriously. Tykables, ABU, LFB, NrU, Kiddos, Pretendagain, Lil'Comfort? None of them offer any type of real sales unless it's around Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday. How is it that Bambino can offer these sales yet none of the others will?

Sure some sizes are on back order and will be shipped by 02/16/24. Still 40% off. Cloudee diapers are in stock and a case of 48 are running $78, $1.65/diaper.

When has any of the other top suppliers offered these type of sales? New releases are running $45 a bag at Tykables. ABU has yet to bring down their prices on the LKS, and AGZs, and in all honesty they're good diapers but still at $4/diaper is ridiculous.

I'm challenging any of the members from the suppliers to please explain why their products deserve such high purchasing price. Bambino has to manufacture, ship, warehouse and distribute their diapers like any of the others yet they continue to offer great sales and discounts on their products.

Also just for the record I love all of the above mentioned vendors diaper and I'll continue to purchase from them, but geez, throw us a freaking bone now and then, not just Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Why aren't the others?

Attachments

• 20240127_162212.jpg
    20240127_162212.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: Kinkybabynicky, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 4 others
Nowididit said:
Another sale.
I'll ask this again. Why the hell aren't the other big ABDL diaper suppliers offering these types of sales?

Seriously. Tykables, ABU, LFB, NrU, Kiddos, Pretendagain, Lil'Comfort? None of them offer any type of real sales unless it's around Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday. How is it that Bambino can offer these sales yet none of the others will?

Sure some sizes are on back order and will be shipped by 02/16/24. Still 40% off. Cloudee diapers are in stock and a case of 48 are running $78, $1.65/diaper.

When has any of the other top suppliers offered these type of sales? New releases are running $45 a bag at Tykables. ABU has yet to bring down their prices on the LKS, and AGZs, and in all honesty they're good diapers but still at $4/diaper is ridiculous.

I'm challenging any of the members from the suppliers to please explain why their products deserve such high purchasing price. Bambino has to manufacture, ship, warehouse and distribute their diapers like any of the others yet they continue to offer great sales and discounts on their products.

Also just for the record I love all of the above mentioned vendors diaper and I'll continue to purchase from them, but geez, throw us a freaking bone now and then, not just Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Why aren't the others?
The girl on the ad is gorgeous

• Haha
Reactions: Nowididit, ThickandComfy, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
My guess is that they have been doing it for so long without changing much or introducing new products (was the first non medical diaper I tried). So when they order they only have a handful of styles so it makes the run cheaper. Seems like the other brands you mention are constantly offering new prints or new innovations in their brand so they have to charge more to pay for the setup costs. Bambino is now pretty much running on auto pilot. Could also have a larger or more than one distribution warehouse so they can order in larger quantities. Using plain packaging with a simple label instead of full printed colorful bags. I do appreciate them being so affordable. Perhaps one day ABU, Tykables, and the others will get to a point where they can lower their prices. For me though I'm always returning to Bambino mainly for the cost advantages for a product that is pretty decent.

Reactions: Kinkybabynicky, Nowididit, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
You would think with so many brands available that their would be sales...I just bought a bag of Trest Elite and Daydreamers and it was $100!
At least my last bag of Classico's was $34...

Reactions: Nowididit, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
daddyb said:
My guess is that they have been doing it for so long without changing much or introducing new products (was the first non medical diaper I tried). So when they order they only have a handful of styles so it makes the run cheaper. Seems like the other brands you mention are constantly offering new prints or new innovations in their brand so they have to charge more to pay for the setup costs. Bambino is now pretty much running on auto pilot. Could also have a larger or more than one distribution warehouse so they can order in larger quantities. Using plain packaging with a simple label instead of full printed colorful bags. I do appreciate them being so affordable. Perhaps one day ABU, Tykables, and the others will get to a point where they can lower their prices. For me though I'm always returning to Bambino mainly for the cost advantages for a product that is pretty decent.
I'm not buying all of what you are saying.

Bambino also has production, shipping, warehousing, packing and distribution of its products. Operating more than one distribution center would increase the cost of shipping and warehousing, thereforeshould increase the price of the diapers to offset that cost.
Just because they aren't busting out new prints every 2 years doesn't mean their products are cheaper to procure.
Besides these companies as individuals aren't banging out new products weekly. Hell it's been almost 3 years for ABU. They introduced the LKs and AGZs then went dry till the introduction of Tiny Tails.
All of Tykables new releases are built on the same chassis of their Toddler Tuff plastic and the Potty Monsters is built on the Animooz chassis, it's just a different print. Tykables Tighty Whities are a plain version yet still selling for $45 a bag. That's $4.50/diaper.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and littleFeathers
Nowididit said:
All of Tykables new releases are built on the same chassis of their Toddler Tuff plastic
I have to say, I never thought of using the term "chassis" in relation to a diaper :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I see your point though ... still chuckling ... 😄

• Haha
Nowididit said:
I'm not buying all of what you are saying.

Bambino also has production, shipping, warehousing, packing and distribution of its products. Operating more than one distribution center would increase the cost of shipping and warehousing, thereforeshould increase the price of the diapers to offset that cost.
Just because they aren't busting out new prints every 2 years doesn't mean their products are cheaper to procure.
Besides these companies as individuals aren't banging out new products weekly. Hell it's been almost 3 years for ABU. They introduced the LKs and AGZs then went dry till the introduction of Tiny Tails.
All of Tykables new releases are built on the same chassis of their Toddler Tuff plastic and the Potty Monsters is built on the Animooz chassis, it's just a different print. Tykables Tighty Whities are a plain version yet still selling for $45 a bag. That's $4.50/diaper.
Well it was a guess as I started with. Any other ideas? Storefront, full line of clothing and/bedding? Would be great if the other brands could bring their prices lower or offer more of a discount when they have sales.

Probably because while other companies are innovating and improving their products, Bambino hasn’t done much to improve their diapers. Not to mention a string of recent controversies has them behind the pack of the others. My guess is it’s an attempt to stay relevant in the ABDL world.

The Bottom Half Group (AKA Bambino) has been around a long time. They have a giant adult diaper business other than what they make for us. I have been in their warehouse in the San Francisco/San Jose valley. (when I went in 2013 they were in Redwood City) From what I can tell they have very few employees there. I think that due to this and to their sort of limited offerings they have much lower overhead.

This is a photo I took of their very low key office/warehouse facility.

Adam
personal web page https://adam.vaporware.org

Attachments

• bambino.jpg
    bambino.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 16
daddyb said:
was the first non medical diaper I tried
Me too! They've been around for so long, and are just like me and you, a good hand full of other's 1st non medical diaper as well.

Nowididit said:
Another sale.

Why aren't the others?
Okay, now thanks to you, I have a new case in my cart ready to go.(The Bellissimos:coffee:)
I swear, I'm going to have an entire wall filled with nothing with diapers with this case in my posession 🤗
It's nice to have such an affordable diaper brand available to us all here.
Also, I have a question. Why do the Bellissimos have a higher capacity than the Magnificos? I remember when the Magnificos were released, they were the 1st hybrid adult diaper on the market, better than anything we've ever seen. Why are those at a lower tier than the Bellissimos?

Pricing as with sales are all based on Marketing and what level of inventory they target for turn-over and how often.

Market share can influence whether an organization view sales as advantageous or not.

It is unusual for an organization to have regular sales as that tends to set their market around those sales as their target customer's simply wait until they have a sale, which pre-sets their customer's target price for purchases.

There is not much beyond that!

Reactions: Nowididit and PadPhilosopher
theancientmariner said:
Okay, now thanks to you, I have a new case in my cart ready to go.(The Bellissimos:coffee:)
I swear, I'm going to have an entire wall filled with nothing with diapers with this case in my posession 🤗
Also, I have a question. Why do the Bellissimos have a higher capacity than the Magnificos? I remember when the Magnificos were released, they were the 1st hybrid adult diaper on the market, better than anything we've ever seen. Why are those at a lower tier than the Bellissimos?
I don't know, but Magnificos are still my favorite of all the other ones, from anywhere. I see no need for diapers that hold multiple liters. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Nowididit, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
adam said:
I don't know, but Magnificos are still my favorite of all the other ones, from anywhere. I see no need for diapers that hold multiple liters. Just my opinion.
The Magnificos hold 4,500ml and the Belissimos hold 5,000ml. Only a 500ml difference. Also a bit low compared to most abdl diapers out there that hold double that.

• Thinking
theancientmariner said:
The Magnificos hold 4,500ml and the Belissimos hold 5,000ml. Only a 500ml difference. Also a bit low compared to most abdl diapers out there that hold double that.
I never investigated the Magnifico capacity. I just know I like them. I would have guessed that the Bellisimos held a lot less. I haven't bought those since the pack I found at Goodwill probably 5 years ago. It wasn't that impressive. But I liked it fine.

I now have a brand new package of both types, bought 3 months ago so I have a chance to compare them.

I still have no leaning towards any diaper that holds more than these. I can't imagine wearing 10 (or even 8) liters of pee. 10 liters of it weighs about 22 POUNDS. Better have a strong onesie to hold that thing up.

theancientmariner said:
My guess is that Magnificio and Bianco diapers are really an in-between size diaper. They either fit you or they don't.
I'm a 38 waist, the s/m are too small on me and the l/xl fit but stretch out too much that adjusting is pointless because the tapes will overlap. It's a good diaper though and it's a favorite for many.
Bellissimos are one of my favorites.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
warmfeeling said:
The girl on the ad is gorgeous
doug-up-squirrel.jpg

But yes, she's a cutie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nowididit and Edgewater
I found bambino diapers not that great, mind you I only tried them once many years ago. I found the tapes sub par and compare to newer prints from other companies I find theirs hokey. Also, bambino dipers come with only 8 per bag vs 10 or even 12 like Rearz offers.

I understand bambino has been around a long time but I think other ABDL companies have kept up with the trends and demands of consumers while bambino has changed almost nothing. Other than to go from a landing strip print to an all over print.

You also don't see much of their products on social media these days. I'm wondering if the reason for their huge sale right now may actually be a clearance because they are going out of business. Basically liquidating their inventory.

For me here in Canada bambinos were expensive but since there is a big sale maybe I'll give them another go. At lest to add them to my collection to say I have some.

Update
They won't ship to my address in Canada. Another strike, most other companies either ship internationally or have a Canadian distributor.

Last edited:
  • Wow
TheWaddlingDad said:
I found bambino diapers not that great, mind you I only tried them once many years ago. I found the tapes sub par and compare to newer prints from other companies I find theirs hokey. Also, bambino dipers come with only 8 per bag vs 10 or even 12 like Rearz offers.

I understand bambino has been around a long time but I think other ABDL companies have kept up with the trends and demands of consumers while bambino has changed almost nothing. Other than to go from a landing strip print to an all over print.

You also don't see much of their products on social media these days. I'm wondering if the reason for their huge sale right now may actually be a clearance because they are going out of business. Basically liquidating their inventory.

For me here in Canada bambinos were expensive but since there is a big sale maybe I'll give them another go. At lest to add them to my collection to say I have some.

Update
They won't ship to my address in Canada. Another strike, most other companies either ship internationally or have a Canadian distributor.
I doubt they are going out of business. They have a tremendous market share in plain adult diapers. Sounds like you just should stick to Rearz then since they are your countrymen.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
adam said:
I doubt they are going out of business. They have a tremendous market share in plain adult diapers. Sounds like you just should stick to Rearz then since they are your countrymen.
Maybe you are right @adam I will do just that.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Back