Baby powder

Vtfastback13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Ok is it the feel of the powder going on. That great feeling of rubbing it on you. Or the great smell of it. or do you use something else. It's such a turn on using it. Do you sprinkle a little more down your diaper for extra smell

The Weak or the Strong, olfactory's got it goin on

DiaperedDragon said:
The Weak or the Strong, olfactory's got it goin on
Baby powder hits 3 of the 5 senses, sight, touch and smell. All are very sensually appealing for me. I use baby powder for every diapering. I sprinkle it on the open diaper, then on myself as I lay on the powdered open diaper, then tape up. Baby powder plays a major role in my DL and my diaper wearing. Baby powder is a must have for me.

• Love
Reactions: theancientmariner
I always put on baby powder during my diaper changes. I adore the smell of it. Also, using baby powder after wiping makes me feel cleaner than using the shower to clean up. It drys up the skin and removes any lingering odors in that area.

WHat baby powder is everyone using now that J&J talc is gone?

Actually - I don't recall EVER really thinking about it at all.
Been IC life-long (as well as lots of other issues) - just was always used on me be everyone so, nothing other than just part of life here.

loadedpamperman said:
Well, I doubt anything is ever going to beat or match that! - But I actually found a store brand that is not bad.
And A few months ago, got a pleasant surprise! - Cleaned out our BR closet WAY better then had been done a quite some time, and actually fount about 5 unopened containers of the J&J Talc! But it's all gone now! 😢

Reactions: Angelapinks
Never tried using powders or creams of any kind since I don't have any memories of such from baby/childhood. Diapers yes. (edit: Never had a rash either. Maybe occasionally a slight itch if wearing too long, but that goes away quickly?)

Last edited:
Baby Powder is a must for this gal !!
Does Helps keep my skin nice and dry and yes I do put a little extra on !
Both of us do just LUV the smell !!

My wife used to use baby powder for “feminine freshness”. This resulted in that specific smell causing me to become aroused, especially when we were younger and before we had children. This could prove to be embarrassing when this occurred around infants being diapered rather than intimate situations with my spouse. After we became parents this tendency rapidly subsided and has never returned.

Unfortunately the baby powder she used was the talc variety, that has been linked to ovarian and uterine cancer due to high asbestos content, rather than the corn starch version which is still available. She passed away 3 years ago just prior to Halloween due to ovarian cancer which even the best efforts of the Mayo Clinic couldn’t forestall. In spite of our having been divorced for nearly 30 years I still miss her.

It seems that I should consider myself fortunate not to have developed nasal, tongue, mouth, or any genital cancers considering where she applied the talc

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: PNW509Little, diddles and CptKirk
loadedpamperman said:
Dollar General. Smells and feels fantastic. Good buy too.

Attachments

• 20230106_182331.jpg
    20230106_182331.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 11
Nowididit said:
Dollar General. Smells and feels fantastic. Good buy too.
You keep swearing that this stuff is awesome.... Don't have that brand in Canada

Zeke said:
My wife used to use baby powder for “feminine freshness”. This resulted in that specific smell causing me to become aroused, especially when we were younger and before we had children. This could prove to be embarrassing when this occurred around infants being diapered rather than intimate situations with my spouse. After we became parents this tendency rapidly subsided and has never returned.

Unfortunately the baby powder she used was the talc variety, that has been linked to ovarian and uterine cancer due to high asbestos content, rather than the corn starch version which is still available. She passed away 3 years ago just prior to Halloween due to ovarian cancer which even the best efforts of the Mayo Clinic couldn’t forestall. In spite of our having been divorced for nearly 30 years I still miss her.

It seems that I should consider myself fortunate not to have developed nasal, tongue, mouth, or any genital cancers considering where she applied the talc
I'm very sorry to hear you lost your wife Zeke. My condolences. Were you entitled to any settlement from this occurrence?

loadedpamperman said:
I'm very sorry to hear you lost your wife Zeke. My condolences. Were you entitled to any settlement from this occurrence?
As I said we had be divorced for nearly thirty years when she passed. She was staying with our daughter in her last weeks and I mentioned the lawsuit against J&J, regarding their baby powder, to our daughter and asked her to tell her mother about it. She said her mom didn’t want to pursue it and that she asked the kids and I not to take any action on the issue. I never asked my ex for her reasons for this and I thought that the funds collected could’ve been used to pay her medical bills as she didn’t have medical insurance, but her extensive Mayo related bills went unpaid. If J&J had done this out of ignorance I would agree with her, but some law firms, advertising for clients for this issue, have claimed that J&J management knew that the talc they were importing from India had high levels of asbestos. I’ve not confirmed this so I’m taking the word of someone that had a vested interest in making people angry enough to take action against J&J so it may well be unreliable.

That baby powder scent evoked such longing in me too. We had some Johnson and Johnson baby powder in our bathroom all through my childhood. I liked to see it and felt inexplicable, funny feelings all over just from looking at it.

I never did use it. I would’ve had to explain myself in ways I couldn’t possibly have. At first I thought my tingles were just the embarrassment of knowing I too had been in diapers when I was a baby. I remember especially liking to see the words on the bottle that said it was to be used “at every diaper change…”

sinceiwassmall said:
That baby powder scent evoked such longing in me too. We had some Johnson and Johnson baby powder in our bathroom all through my childhood. I liked to see it and felt inexplicable, funny feelings all over just from looking at it.

I never did use it. I would’ve had to explain myself in ways I couldn’t possibly have. At first I thought my tingles were just the embarrassment of knowing I too had been in diapers when I was a baby. I remember especially liking to see the words on the bottle that said it was to be used “at every diaper change…”
My longing for the scent of J&J baby powder was more related to the bodily region in which my wife applied it than the scent being related to baby changing.

loadedpamperman said:
I tend to buy J&J more often than any other brand. I've bought so many, I should've saved all the stickers from the top of the new bottle and made a collection of them all.

DiaperedDragon said:
You keep swearing that this stuff is awesome.... Don't have that brand in Canada
Awe, sorry to hear that. Can you order it online? If not, maybe find a bud here in the states to work out a way to ship some to you.

Reactions: DiaperLifer
I put it in my diaper because I have sensitive skin and it helps me from getting a rash, both from friction and from using the diaper. I also love the smell so I put extra in

Nowididit said:
Awe, sorry to hear that. Can you order it online? If not, maybe find a bud here in the states to work out a way to ship some to you.
Don't worry about me. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for caring though :D

nwm said:
Actually - I don't recall EVER really thinking about it at all.
Been IC life-long (as well as lots of other issues) - just was always used on me be everyone so, nothing other than just part of life here.

Well, I doubt anything is ever going to beat or match that! - But I actually found a store brand that is not bad.
And A few months ago, got a pleasant surprise! - Cleaned out our BR closet WAY better then had been done a quite some time, and actually fount about 5 unopened containers of the J&J Talc! But it's all gone now! 😢
Nice that you have it but it was taken off shelves due to containing Asbestos. Bad for your lungs but also your skin .
If you decide to keep using it please do so sparingly and in a well ventilated area. I also loved the smell and have a small container I am mixing with cornstarch ones to use it up.

Back