Baby powder or no baby powder.

I use baby powder every change; inside my diaper and inside my plastic pants also. Talc in the winter and corn starch in the summer.

I've always felt that it makes more of a mess than its worth as much as I do like the smell.

I use J&J baby powder every time I wear a diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuck and Chinababy888
I use J&J baby powder because, at least for me, keeps my diaper region dryer and I feel like I get less rashes. I put it on every time I have to wear a diaper (at night or in situation in which a big enough bathroom for me, Catheters, and my Service Dog) or when I am in a situation I can wear underwear (home, work, day to day activities) after I get out of a diaper.

Reactions: chuck and Chinababy888
I tend not to use powder as it makes my diapers less absorbant, however if I do use a little it's the Johnston's baby range in particular the bedtime range which features a soothing menthol feeling and comes in a purple topped bottle.

although I usually pre-powder myself in that case as it saves me from messing up an otherwise clean diaper or having the sticky tabs or tables not fix to the sides of my choosen form of protection.

I tend to use only disposable adult diapers as I am allergic to certain fabrics and softeners/cleaning products as I have life long problems with regard to sensitive skin.

As for lotion I tend to avoid that too as it makes me too oily and can also effect the absorbancy of the diaper.

Yours sincerly
Chinababy888.

DanielW said:
talc and naturally occurring asbestos are often found together in the environment so yes, Talc can sometimes contain asbestos. I didn't know that myself until recently.
I didn't know that, either. You learn something new everyday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chinababy888
I absolutely use baby powder; it’s a must! I love the smell; it’s Heaven. My skin in my diaper area is so soft from years of regular baby powder use.

Reactions: Chinababy888
I like the baby powder sprinkled over the cloth of my diapers. I makes the diapers feel softer and smells good.

Reactions: Chinababy888 and chuck
Diaperbum said:
Is it just me, or have I heard people say powder is a leading cause of prostate/testicular cancer? My Mommy’s dad is an OBGYN, and claims it’s talked about a lot in his circles.

Am I crazy? Have any of you guys heard this?

If so, why is it so hard for me to not use powder?
Heard about it causing ovarian cancer not sure what the effect is on males but I use it every time I change my diaper I like the way it smells and the way it feels

Wen ever I hear of a epidemiology study proving something I start to question the authenticity of the report as an epidemiology study is never proof only an indication of a possible connection requiring more research

toyboy said:
Wen ever I hear of a epidemiology study proving something I start to question the authenticity of the report as an epidemiology study is never proof only an indication of a possible connection requiring more research

Yep -- that's the conclusion in this NHS article too:

Apparently several other studies found no link, and the study showing a 33% increased risk of ovarian cancer doesn't show causation. More research is required....

I use baby powder because my cheap Medicare pullups sweat like crazy and cause a rash. Plus I like the smell, reminds me of my real childhood.

Updated information July 2019, as your aware from my previous reply to this website I wear diapers at night when I am asleep in order to prevent bed wetting however in my previous statement I mentioned that I tend not to use Talcum powder.

However I have since revised that and gone back to using it and baby oils and Bepamphen cream this is because I was ending with nasty rashes so I had to go back to wearing diapers like a child as in powdred and creamed however the plus factor is that I have been using a scented baby powder that has relaxed me because it smells like menthol or like the old pampers smell.

This has helped me with the fact I have been wearing diapers because I am always self conscious about the smell diapers have so naturally this helps conceal that and smelling more like a baby has also helped me psychologically to relax more, I still tend to be drynon most nights which is a plus factor although I can't go without being diapered for obvious reasons.

Although I am looking forward to a future when I will be in diapers well into my 40's and beyond as I should never have been out of diapers in the first place however that's for another reply on a future post.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

I like wearing a double cloth double diaper and plastic pants at night. The powder makes the cloth softer. The plastic pants make the cloth diapers warm. The combination of the two is fantastic. I am sad in the morning when I have to take them off. I can not wear under my cloth because I don't want grieve from family. I love wearing a double diaper, plastic pants, and a T shirt when I have the house alone. This is Heaven on Earth and makes my body feel wonderful.

jojokelly said:
I absolutely use baby powder; it’s a must! I love the smell; it’s Heaven. My skin in my diaper area is so soft from years of regular baby powder use.
Agreed! It adds to the experience. I don't always use it myself, but if I'm changing from a wet soggy diaper into a fresh one and I'm feeling sticky down there I like to add powder. I have one cloth for sitting on while I apply it and another cloth I sprinkle the powder on for application, instead of using my hands so I can prevent that smell transferring from my hands to other stuff around the apartment. It just smells so damn good!

I use baby powder. But most of the time, I get lazy and when I'm in a hurry I usually skip the powder.

I use medicated baby powder with every change. It helps with chafing and helps keep diaper rash at bay

Back