Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Autism/adhd/diapers/*insertmedicalproblem*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly aggro question.

The answer you're looking for is "neurodivergent people socialize online more because it's less awkward and UNCOMFY. Neurotypicals like to make us feel like shit for every little thing."

Also
retardation
Hmyeah no. By the 72, who even says that word asking in good faith?👎🏿 Not a way to make allies here (because after the way you asked, finding a friend ain't likely.).

Double Also, you're literally on a support forum for folx who are some form of AB, DL, or IC (IC standing for "incontinence" here, not "interstitial cystitis," though some of us (hi!) have it). You asked this question to the choir basically.

• Love
Reactions: Bunnybnuy and PaddedCub
JunkyardDog1 said:
I'm just trying to make sense of something I've noticed in my time here. Maybe unrelated. Maybe wrong. Maybe not. Idk man. Just seems suspicious lol. Thanks to any input from an open mind so far and forthcoming.
I wonder why people with a history of mental/physical disability and being mistreated for it would gravitate to a relatively anonymous support forum to talk about their experiences. It couldn't POSSIBLY be to help support those who're in the same boat, could it? :unsure:

I wonder even more about how that comes off as suspicious to someone who's had a history with working with disabled people. why would anyone in the workplace, special needs farm or otherwise talk to a 13 year old about abdl out of the blue? Why would someone even need a "crutch" to justify being abdl in the first place? Why assume the small sample size of that farm is representitive of all disabled people?

Reactions: OmiOMy
Bunnybnuy said:
I wonder why people with a history of mental/physical disability and being mistreated for it would gravitate to a relatively anonymous support forum to talk about their experiences. It couldn't POSSIBLY be to help support those who're in the same boat, could it? :unsure:

I wonder even more about how that comes off as suspicious to someone who's had a history with working with disabled people. why would anyone in the workplace, special needs farm or otherwise talk to a 13 year old about abdl out of the blue? Why would someone even need a "crutch" to justify being abdl in the first place? Why assume the small sample size of that farm is representitive of all disabled people?
Everything that you brought up

Like, that is ABSOLUTELY sus. That on top of how this was asked is absolutely giving bully.

I12BLittle89 said:
I am curious about this as well. I’ve been going down the path of understanding my ADD and a possible autism. Though I’m realizing it’s less likely to be autism. They seem to have sensory issues. From what I can tell, certain people can’t deal with things like tags or seams on shirts. But others it doesn’t affect them. Some have an affinity for plastic crinkles or the slippery feel of it. The feeling of a pad between the legs and the firm hug of a diaper around a generally sensitive area may help people with sensory needs cope with ADD/autism. I have no evidence to support any of this. I’m trying to understand it myself. I was never treated for ADD but now I’m in the Army. I can’t get treatment because it would mean I get kicked out. So I’m trying to find answers. My condition has gotten worse over time. I get sensory overload in a room full of people talking. I don’t know why but I desire a thick diaper to help cope with it and new situations in social environments. I am a social person but I seem to have trouble when forced to be with people I don’t know. I can’t wear because my wife won’t let me. But the desire is there. A coping mechanism. A firm hug to keep calm in a stimulating environment. My wife has given me kinetic sand and I play with that while I’m with people at times. No one says anything. So they’re cool people. It may seem childish but it seems from what I’m reading about. People with ADD/autism may have a stunted emotional maturity. Especially in stressful situations. I am drinking from a fire hydrant right now and may be completely off.
That absolutely counts as sensory issues.
Minus the military you're describing my autism.

The "please hug my soul back into my body" is an autistic thing.

The need to stim (with kinetic sand in your case) has nothing to do with emotional maturity, FYI

I have hyperacusis, so my hearing is over sensitive. That's where my sensory issue comes in.

I recommend noise cancelling headphones.

LadyOfTintagel said:
I think it makes more sense to wonder; does an ABDL community like this attract ABDL people who happen to be neurodivergent? Rather than, are autistic people ABDL?
Exactly. I know plenty of other autistic folx who aren't into nappies. It's not the connecting factor.

I thank *most* of you for the input and willingness to indulge a conversation. Even if it had scary trigger words that are clearly known to hurt people.

JunkyardDog1 said:
I thank *most* of you for the input and willingness to indulge a conversation. Even if it had scary trigger words that are clearly known to hurt people.
This is not our first day on the internet. Nobody's triggered because you said a word. They're questioning your intent behind the question. If you actually wanted a conversation, you wouldn't be wording your posts so defensive and accusingly with implications of how suspicious the amount of mental disabilities users have are. Correlation's not causation, and one farm in the united states is not nearly a big enough sample size to cast doubt on those here who speak freely of their conditions.

Although on the topic of the word, it is rather suspicious to me that you knew how it is perceived by people online at large and still used it. surely more neutral or up-to-date terminology would better fit a conversation? It makes it's usage seem almost intentional. Not to say that your post was inflammatory on purpose, but I'd be lying if i said I haven't seen these same argumentative flags in people who's entire character is shrouded in intellectual dishonesty and plausible deniability.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyOfTintagel
Waaaahh. You need not have replied at all. Your snarky attitude works well behind a keyboard. Bunnybnuy

Dude what's your deal lol

bixie said:
Dude what's your deal lol
Frankly? I'm sick of the snowflakes ruining absolutely everything. Ive put myself out so far to try to fit in to this site acceptance and care and nuture and whatever else gets preached. I left my comfort zone and became vulnerable and accepted myself. So at least thanks for that. But there's always been at least one person who either got beat up too much in school or not enough that had some shitty thing to say when I propose a question or conversation. And I always end up being the asshole. So idc. Im not asking anything else anymore. At all. Im likely going to leave the site soon too. Because everytime someone makes me out to be "aggro" or "defensive" or "why would you post this in this thread, you're not this" I for sure know the person typing those sorts of things would most certainly not behave that way in person as they would get hit in the face before finishing whatever dickhead thing they had to say

JunkyardDog1 said:
Because everytime someone makes me out to be "aggro" or "defensive" or "why would you post this in this thread, you're not this" I for sure know the person typing those sorts of things would most certainly not behave that way in person as they would get hit in the face before finishing whatever dickhead thing they had to say
Say that we were in person. Could you look someone in this thread in the eyes and tell them they didn't get bullied hard enough? Would you really get to a point in an in person argument where you'd punch someone mid-conversation? Would it make you right? If you really, truly would, I don't know what to say to you.

Reactions: OmiOMy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back