Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prillprillprill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
What's your attachment style?

Through reading about attachment styles and having therapy I know I have a disorganised attachment style. The rarest but definitely not the best. Do you know your attachment type?

Prillprillprill said:

Through reading about attachment styles and having therapy I know I have a disorganised attachment style. The rarest but definitely not the best. Do you know your attachment type?
I tried googling it to learn a bit but still don't really understand what an attachment style is. In my mind your attachment to each individual person is going to be different. And if someone was to pick avoidant how would that be an attachment? It's confusing to me lol

Cloudhopper94 said:
I tried googling it to learn a bit but still don't really understand what an attachment style is. In my mind your attachment to each individual person is going to be different. And if someone was to pick avoidant how would that be an attachment? It's confusing to me lol
Attachment style is different to attachment. It's a theory of how people relate to others as adults based on how their caregiver was with them when they were little.

Of course your relationships with different people will be different but people especially in romantic relationships have a pattern of how they attach. Avoidant attachment style means you're more aloof, find it hard to get close to people and let them in.

That's probably not a perfect explanation and I'm no expert on it but my post was meant more for people who are already familiar with attachment theory.

I thought it was a pretty well known thing.. maybe I'm wrong?

Prillprillprill said:
Attachment style is different to attachment. It's a theory of how people relate to others as adults based on how their caregiver was with them when they were little.

Of course your relationships with different people will be different but people especially in romantic relationships have a pattern of how they attach. Avoidant attachment style means you're more aloof, find it hard to get close to people and let them in.

That's probably not a perfect explanation and I'm no expert on it but my post was meant more for people who are already familiar with attachment theory.

I thought it was a pretty well known thing.. maybe I'm wrong?
I think attachment theory is very interesting. Avoidant attachment can be a sign that a person has been abused or badly treated as a child, and as a consequence they avoid making attachments with anyone, as they are afraid of being hurt again and use avoidant behaviour to protect themselves from being hurt.

There are, of course, several different models of attachment theory, and some of them are very complex.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
I'm very friendly, social, and outgoing but I'm also very secretive and I keep everyone at arms length so they don't intrude into my space too much. It's a tough thing to balance

Prillprillprill said:

I didn’t even know that I have an “attachment style”!!!

Back