Anyone else get dark marks around their legs at the diaper line wearing 24/7?

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
It seems that I’m not the only one that notices the dark red marks at my lower diaper line on my legs. When I was at the urologist his intern said something about it but I never followed up with it. I wear gauze contour diapers with Haian plastic pants for the most part and neither of these items are that tight, or restrictive, in the area of the discoloration. The markings resemble those those I get a the top of my hips from my jean waistbands if they’re a bit snug although they present no discomfort. The marks don’t proceed up the back of my legs either but this redness in the front has been around for a couple of years now and though I’ve never given it much thought I decided to see if it’s exclusive to me. Stay padded, just think of the toilet paper you won’t have to hoard!

I also have some marks but not bad.

I have red marks like that when wearing plastic pants or when the flaps of a disposable diaper are very tight.
Nevertheless sitting a lot with plastic pants can also cause pressure on the leg elastic.

When you're young or middle age these marks disappear within 24 h but when you're much older they take longer to dissipate, it's because of the blood flow in the skin that's not able to restore that efficient. My mother has several dark blue spots from bumping into stuff that also take ages to go away, so it's also normal that with age the marks from plastic pants and diapers can get darker.

They're not dangerous unless the skin starts to get weak there.

Reactions: LifeInPlastic
My theory is, it's a type of callous caused by constant diaper rubbing in that area.

I have discolored skin in that area as well ... my splotches are brown-ish and not red.

Yes, I get those marks too from time to time. Similarly to what was mentioned, I find that it seems to be related to my plastic panties and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Thankfully they seem to go away quickly most of the time.

Yes, but only if I'm really wet

Yes, I have what appear to be a permanent skin discoloration in that area too. I have been incontinent and wearing 24/7 for 18 years now. They are kind of a reddish brown lines around my upper thighs.

Reactions: Ebabyboy12 and Zeke
winterheart01 said:
I have red marks like that when wearing plastic pants or when the flaps of a disposable diaper are very tight.
Nevertheless sitting a lot with plastic pants can also cause pressure on the leg elastic.

When you're young or middle age these marks disappear within 24 h but when you're much older they take longer to dissipate, it's because of the blood flow in the skin that's not able to restore that efficient. My mother has several dark blue spots from bumping into stuff that also take ages to go away, so it's also normal that with age the marks from plastic pants and diapers can get darker.

They're not dangerous unless the skin starts to get weak there.
Yah, age is creeping up on me and I’m diapered 24/7 so I suppose that my skin doesn’t have any time to recuperate. It’s been like this for nearly as long as I’ve been diapering for incontinence so you’re right about it not being dangerous, of course at my age neither am I. Stay padded, regardless of the marks that they may leave.

Reactions: LifeInPlastic and winterheart01
iowaincon said:
Yes, I have what appear to be a permanent skin discoloration in that area too. I have been incontinent and wearing 24/7 for 18 years now. They are kind of a reddish brown lines around my upper thighs.
I back 24/7 in diapers since 7 years now and i noticed that, too. A slight darker skin coloration in that area. I consulted a dermatologist about that but he said that's nothing to worry about. It's due to the "climate" change in that area(more moist, more basic due to the urine).

But red marks in the front from the lower diaper line could indeed be from a bit too tight taping. But not like you may think at first. I put on the diapers lying in bed or standing up but I spend most of my daytime sitting. Snug but not too thight then I sit down and indeed the tesion raises of the diaper in the crotch area slightly to the front so the skin is under constant stress. The fit of a diaper shifts noticably between a streched(lying, standing) and a bent position (sitting, squatted). The back portion gets pulled down and the tension in the forward crotch are raises. This is more noticably on products when the lower tape is put around the legs(like with my standard brand) and not in the hip area. So I went and only fixed the upper tapes and then sat down and fixed the lower ones snug, now I stood up and it was a different fit - a little bit more loose(not much though). That prevented the red tension marks from appearing. Once you momorized where that position is it's easy to apply that even when lying or standing up. That helped at least in my case.

Cheers

No Nothing Like that - and I wear plastic pants about 16 hours a day

I also have to wear pants to help with leaks.

iowaincon said:
I too have the same thing. Been in diapers for 4 straight years and on and off before that. It’s not 18 but still have the same issues.

Zeke said:
It seems that I’m not the only one that notices the dark red marks at my lower diaper line on my legs. When I was at the urologist his intern said something about it but I never followed up with it. I wear gauze contour diapers with Haian plastic pants for the most part and neither of these items are that tight, or restrictive, in the area of the discoloration. The markings resemble those those I get a the top of my hips from my jean waistbands if they’re a bit snug although they present no discomfort. The marks don’t proceed up the back of my legs either but this redness in the front has been around for a couple of years now and though I’ve never given it much thought I decided to see if it’s exclusive to me. Stay padded, just think of the toilet paper you won’t have to hoard!
I just received my order of Haian plastic pants that fit me well today. I wear cloth as well. After chillin and watching two movies, I got up to go change and I just felt how I was hurting around the waist and legs from them. As I took them off carefully it hurt really bad. So I washed up and put some cream on. I decided not to wear anymore tonight.( I am not incontinent.) I need to find some that don't dig into my skin and leave the marks.
IMG_20201213_023731.jpg
My skin seems to have a different color as well after taking off a wet diaper. After a while it seems to be all normal again

Last edited:
Jinks said:
I just received my order of Haian plastic pants that fit me well today. I wear cloth as well. After chillin and watching two movies, I got up to go change and I just felt how I was hurting around the waist and legs from them. As I took them off carefully it hurt really bad. So I washed up and put some cream on. I decided not to wear anymore tonight.( I am not incontinent.) I need to find some that don't dig into my skin and leave the marks.
View attachment 47350
My skin seems to have a different color as well after taking off a wet diaper. After a while it seems to be all normal again
When I first started wearing 24/7 I used to get those marks and feel the discomfort you describe but as my skin became conditioned to this they no longer cause any problem. The marks that I’m referring to are broader, and more of a darker red, nearly brown. As other have said above it more than likely due to the environment created by wearing wet diapers and to some degree the diapers rubbing in the area. The marks that your photo shows bring back memories from about 5 years ago when I used to get the same but it seems that I’ve developed rhino skin in much of my diaper regions. Be careful of getting any cream on your plastic pants if it contains any oils as this will cause them to harden and crack. Stay padded and enjoy your new Haian covers.

Back