Any Yogi's?

LuckyRed23

👻
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone else practice yoga? I try to at least 3 times a week and really notice if I skip a few sessions, both in achy muscles and my mental state.

Reactions: mistykitty
I do it as a form of non-littlespace stress relief as well as meditation to. I do it for physical health reasons to. I try to do it everyday but that doesn't always work out but I do it many days. I'll either use a routine on netflix and follow that or just choose some poses and work on those. I use: scorpion, tree, chair, and bridge a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckyRed23
Like most things I find it's when my routine changes I end up missing a day and that snowballs into a week or 2 until I wake up with back ache and realise why!
My aim for 2024 is to be able to self lead though a session instead of following the video :)

mistykitty said:
I use: scorpion, tree, chair, and bridge a lot.
I had to look up Scorpion! Wow! I think I might break my back trying that one! 😂 I managed Crow before but really need to be well practiced to get there.

Scorpion looks more difficult then it is. The trick is not forcing yourself to high a lift at the start even if it doesn't look right that one you have to do incrementally.

Keeping a routine is important for me to because I can admit I do the same if I miss to many days.

• Love
mistykitty said:
Scorpion looks more difficult then it is. The trick is not forcing yourself to high a lift at the start even if it doesn't look right that one you have to do incrementally.
Will have to try it out! If you are learning a new position do you just practice it once at the end of each session or is there a better method?

I'm getting too old for yoga. I can still get into those positions okay but I need help getting out of them :giggle:

LuckyRed23 said:
Will have to try it out! If you are learning a new position do you just practice it once at the end of each session or is there a better method?
No you got the best method right there. Also, meant to mention one rule I learned when I was taught it don't open with it wait until you've done some other poses first.

OriginalWetone said:
I'm getting too old for yoga. I can still get into those positions okay but I need help getting out of them :giggle:
I feel old when I don't practice :D

mistykitty said:
No you got the best method right there. Also, meant to mention one rule I learned when I was taught it don't open with it wait until you've done some other poses first.
Thanks! Bit random but can you do the splits? Feels like it would be a cool party trick, I'm definitely more flexible since starting but far from splits level 😄

Reactions: OriginalWetone
LuckyRed23 said:
Thanks! Bit random but can you do the splits? Feels like it would be a cool party trick, I'm definitely more flexible since starting but far from splits level 😄
Same here, I'm flexible but not that flexible to do splits.

Last edited:
mistykitty said:
Same here, I'm flexible but not that flexible to do splits.
Maybe that can be a secondary goal for 2024 😄

Reactions: OriginalWetone and mistykitty
LuckyRed23 said:
Maybe that can be a secondary goal for 2024 😄
With the primary goal being recovery from shredded adductors????

• Haha
OriginalWetone said:
With the primary goal being recovery from shredded adductors????
😂 It's usually my hip flexors and calves I usually find are tightest!

I do it once per week to improve my flexibility and mental wellbeing, but at home as I get self conscious about having to wear a nappy during classes.

I've only done it alone, I think I would be self conscious about practicing in front of others regardless of wearing 😁

Back