Any tips on wrapping up hook and loop diapers-plastic backed?

rothpirate

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Cloth backed hook and loop are easy to roll up, any tips on how to do this with plastic backed hook and loop?

I'll roll them up like normal and then tie the velcro tabs together

Reactions: Deleted member 66129
tie tabs in a Knot is usually how I've done it after rolling it up tightly

Hook and loop totally blows my roll up technique. I like to start on the non tape end of the diaper, fold one third then fold again. Then I tuck one tape side in, and roll it the non-lengthwise direction towards the other wing/tapes. Then use the tape to tightly seal it.
The result is a compact and pretty airtight cylinder, (sounds complex but it is not lol)
Anyway done it like this forever but hook and loop does not stick with this technique.

I just stick them in a bag immediately after rolling them up what I take to be the 'normal' way.

I tend to use some tape.

I just fold it in on its self and dump in a black sack, and tie a knot in the top and put in the bin for the bin men to sort out.

I fold the front wings in, then roll from the tape side and invert the tapes onto the panel again. Not perfect by any means but it keeps it closed.

Reactions: rothpirate
I roll up from front of the brief into the back and do it tightly keeping mess and wipes in the brief. They use the tapes to tightly close the brief and then put into a plastic bags and tie.

Back