Any other guitar players here?

gnd567 said:
Nice to see there are a few other guitar players here.

i love music and play several instrumental but guitar is definitely my favorite. I have a passion for it. Playing, collecting gear etc.

I was making my living playing music before COVID.
I know alot of Artists who got completely screwed due to covid shutting down bars /events .
Most of the local guys I know just made more music and got a job doing random stuff like painting lol

Reactions: Jr2012
MusicIsLife said:
I know alot of Artists who got completely screwed due to covid shutting down bars /events .
Most of the local guys I know just made more music and got a job doing random stuff like painting lol
Yeah, it’s crazy. I’ve been playing music for a living for fifteen years. I was playing with a couple bands and averaging about 200 gigs a year until March 2029. I’ve played three times since then. But I have continued making music.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jr2012
I've played for friends (and myself) mostly. My public performances have been limited to a few school concerts, several times in church (I was the alternate, alternate, alternate organist/pianist), and one time in a bar when a guy in a band made me sit in and play while they were on break.

gnd567 said:
I was just wondering if there were any guitarists on here. I have played for most of my life and have been playing professionally in various bands for about fifteen years. I’ve played all sorts of genres with different bands but my favorite stuff to play is rootstock rock and roll type stuff: original or covers.

Anyine rise play? Either professionally or just for fun? What do you like to play?
Yea not professional yet but most of my friends are professional so I started to learn.
where are you from

At one time I took guitar lessons when I was young but didn't keep up with it because I was impatient about how long it was taking me to really start playing the type of music that I liked.
So not really being a guitarest, I do own two guitars that are over 40yrs old now. Even though I don't eve try to play the few cords I know, I can't find it in my heart to get rid of my guitars.

Back