Another question

Twinmom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Ok...got a ???? . Which diaper is better at not feeling wet

Give MegaMax a try. I have a hard time telling when it's time to change with them because I don't really start to feel wet until it's leaking.

Reactions: Diprs2, uknappygirl, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
Bearcatz said:
Give MegaMax a try. I have a hard time telling when it's time to change with them because I don't really start to feel wet until it's leaking.
Yeah I would agree, MegaMax are my go to when I need super reliable.

Reactions: Diprs2
I get Tena Ultima on the NHS (UK Health Scheme) for free, 3-4 a day, might be 3, come to think of it.
They're okay, can leak on occasion even on the first wetting depending on seating position etc. I would love to be able to afford ABDL nappies, but far too expensive for my tastes, sadly.....I did like Rearz Princess Pinks and AB Bunny hops that I tried....Gorgeous in fact....

Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp and uknappygirl
WendyLittle said:
I get Tena Ultima on the NHS (UK Health Scheme) for free, 3-4 a day, might be 3, come to think of it.
I find that the TENA Super is even better, if you need more capacity than the Ultima.

slimjiminy said:
I find that the TENA Super is even better, if you need more capacity than the Ultima.
In the UK the Ultima have a bigger capacity than the super, different for the U.S from what I can tell oddly, surely 'ultimate' is better than super...funny how language gets changed about :)
xxx

Reactions: Diprs2 and slimjiminy
Feeling wet or feeling the expanding bulk?

My experiences kind of conclude most modern diapers or underwear have a stay dry top sheet that helps to reduce the 'wet' feeling. Whereas, high SAP diapers/underwear will balloon out, creating pressure that is uncomfortable (imo). Also, I find high SAP do not distribute moisture through out the diaper as well (imo), and further emphasizes the uncomfortable feeling. A recommendation (among many) is to choose diapers that are lower in SAP and change more often. Diapers like the MegaMax, BetterDry, or any high capacity diaper will expand a lot, really a lot.

It goes without saying that any diaper over saturated will feel wet when pressed upon (sitting, prone, etc).

TENA, Molicare, Abena (1, 2, and 3s) are good. My sleep choice is Molicare (8d, maxi) and in the morning, I often cannot tell the difference between wet and dry. Standing up is different.

Last edited:
Reactions: WendyLittle
Yes I would give Northshore Mega Max a try ....

You might contact Northshore Care and ask them for different samples of plastic backed diapers to try which will be easiest to put on, fits you comfortable and snugly and works best for your condition.

Hi Twinmom,

so I don't know if your question can be answered that easily. Of course, the products all have a different rewetting behavior and yes - that depends, among other things, on the total capacity.

Now you could of course say - the more capacity the better, but you have to be able to walk around with it.

I think, in the end, you can only answer this for yourself after many tests. I have tried about 15 products before I found the one that works for me acceptable. The good thing is that you can usually have samples sent to you. So you can already make a rough preselection.

To find out how well it actually works in everyday life, however, you will often have to try it out for a while. The pitfall is often in the details and sometimes you realize only after a few weeks, that this product is perhaps not quite so great.

I had seen the picture that you had uploaded in another thread. I think that this diaper is a good example of how it should not be. It has a lot of excess plastic in the top area and is too tight. Of course, as noted there, you could fold it over - but that's a suboptimal solution. If you wear it like that for a while you will most likely get skin problems at the places where the closures are.

I don't know if this helps - but at least for Germany there is a directory of diapers approved by the health insurance. I think at least 50% of them should be available on the American market in similar quality.

If the link here doesn't work properly you should search for "Positionsnr" 15.25.31.8 - there you will find all diapers with high capacity in size "large".

At the end of the table is always a symbol with a small folder. If you click on it, you will get the detailed information about the product. Select the "Merkmale" tab at the top. Then all relevant properties are displayed:

Fluid absorption
Absorption speed
Liquid output (this is the value you asked for)
ABL value (absoption before leakage)

maybe it helps - here is the link:

Usually Betterdry or Attends premier are really comfy when wet.

My vote is the betterdry/crinkz. My wife likes the crinkz, thinks the look cute.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
slimjiminy said:
The NHS Continence Nurse changed my order from Tena Super to Tena Maxi after I experienced a number of leaks. Now wear to bed and if I am to sit for a while, always with plastic pants as a back up otherwise I use the rubber pubic pressure urinal for daytime protection.

Constantlydamp said:
The NHS Continence Nurse changed my order from Tena Super to Tena Maxi after I experienced a number of leaks. Now wear to bed and if I am to sit for a while, always with plastic pants as a back up otherwise I use the rubber pubic pressure urinal for daytime protection.
Very good. We don't have the Tena Maxi here, or not yet at least. We do have the Tena Flex Maxi, but I don't like the velcro belt arrangement much.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Constantlydamp
slimjiminy said:
Very good. We don't have the Tena Maxi here, or not yet at least. We do have the Tena Flex Maxi, but I don't like the velcro belt arrangement much.
Agree 100% about the Tena Flex, I found them very uncomfortable and am glad I wear the nappy version.

The TenaFlex are very uncomfortable should any of the belt fastening come into contact with your skin, also they may well leak on subsequent wee's as the absorbancy decreases with use and therefore may flood if you wee quickly.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Constantlydamp
slimjiminy said:
Ultima claims 4l capacity; Super is less than half that. It's a daytime frequent-change diaper.

Ultima claims 4l capacity; Super is less than half that. It's a daytime frequent-change diaper.
Sorry, I must have confused that with the "Ultimate" (which is less than the Super).

Reactions: Napincolove and Diprs2
Back