Am i the only one that actually like medical diapers ?

se7en said:
Well I do like abdl diapers and used them several months every day against my nighttime issues. But to be honest I do prefer a good medical one with inserts, e.g a Betterdry or Tena Slip Ultima (im from Europe, in talking bout the European version) . Wanna try megamax someday. Can somebody tell me how they compare to a Betterdry?
Mega max works better than better dry for me. The mega max has some real capacity but I love the landing strip and tapes. They dont stretch or loosen even when soaked. Better dry to me also seems like the top sheet in it will feel wet long before the diaper is full. Both are good diapers and far better than anything we had for years but Northshore really works well. I been wanting to try some of the rearz but the Mega max is working so well I dont want to mess with a good thing.

I'm a big fan of Non AB/DL nappies (See my new Avatar!) I do have some Tykables Cammies and Rearz Dinosaurs which I have worn but will be keeping them for special occasions.

@Diaperman95

Thanks for your info.
Well in my experience they don't feel wet and they're like my go to diaper for the night but I'm using them with at least with one insert soo...actually I'm quite happy with them - I don't have leaks, the fit is like they were made for me, the plastic is soft and silent. The only thing what bothers me are the tapes. The do stick very well but they're more like a hit or miss, though they claim they can be re adjustable. Luckily I know we're to do the tapes. I can get them cheap 1,10 euro per diaper. Megamax are in comparison far more expensive, they're like 2,40. It's not that I'm not capable to pay this price but beeing dependent on them (at least at night) the price is a big contra but it's more a moral thing. The reason why I'd like to try megamax is more to know whether the hype about them is real. Rearz are fine and my favorite ABDL Diapers 🙂

Last edited:
se7en said:
@Diaperman95

Thanks for your info.
Well in my experience they don't feel wet and they're like my go to diaper for the night but I'm using them with at least with one insert soo...actually I'm quite happy with them - I don't have leaks, the fit is like they were made for me, the plastic is soft and silent. The only thing what bothers me are the tapes. The do stick very well but they're more like a hit or miss, though they claim they can be re adjustable. Luckily I know we're to do the tapes. I can get them cheap 1,10 euro per diaper. Megamax are in comparison far more expensive, they're like 2,40. It's not that I'm not capable to pay this price but beeing dependent on them (at least at night) the price is a big contra but it's more a moral thing. The reason why I'd like to try megamax is more to know whether the hype about them is real. Rearz are fine and my favorite ABDL Diapers 🙂
One you might try if you havent is the secure total dry x plus. They are pretty absorbent but have the same kind of tapes and landing zone as the Mega max. I thing better dry might be a touch more absorbent but not by a lot and if you put a booster it for sure will.be good. At least worth a try. They about 80 bucks for 48 of them so a lot cheaper than northshore. I used them for about 4 years as my daily driver. I still use some from time to time. The diapers that just tape to soft plastic all stretch and loosen. If you dont like the tapes on the better day at least try a sample of theses.
That is why I want to try the rearz to see if they as good as some say. I love the mega max the only down side to them is the liquid doesnt wick through out the entire diaper it stays in the middle and front. But even at that they hold as much and more than any other diaper I have ever used. If it did use the entire diaper by wicking the fluid better they would hold 24 hrs worth. Easy

This is a good link to the total dry. The x plus is the one you want. They are one of the most comfortable diapers made. I will never wear a diaper with out a landing panel again. They just hold up for active people more. Best of luck man let me know if you try mega max or the secure dry x plus. What you think.
I dont know if Northsjore will ship samples free out of the US or not. But they are great about contact them and they will send you a couple free samples at no cost if you live in the states and they are super easy to do buisness with.

Reactions: WillFord384
Diaperman95 said:
One you might try if you havent is the secure total dry x plus. They are pretty absorbent but have the same kind of tapes and landing zone as the Mega max. I thing better dry might be a touch more absorbent but not by a lot and if you put a booster it for sure will.be good. At least worth a try. They about 80 bucks for 48 of them so a lot cheaper than northshore. I used them for about 4 years as my daily driver. I still use some from time to time. The diapers that just tape to soft plastic all stretch and loosen. If you dont like the tapes on the better day at least try a sample of theses.
That is why I want to try the rearz to see if they as good as some say. I love the mega max the only down side to them is the liquid doesnt wick through out the entire diaper it stays in the middle and front. But even at that they hold as much and more than any other diaper I have ever used. If it did use the entire diaper by wicking the fluid better they would hold 24 hrs worth. Easy

This is a good link to the total dry. The x plus is the one you want. They are one of the most comfortable diapers made. I will never wear a diaper with out a landing panel again. They just hold up for active people more. Best of luck man let me know if you try mega max or the secure dry x plus. What you think.
I dont know if Northsjore will ship samples free out of the US or not. But they are great about contact them and they will send you a couple free samples at no cost if you live in the states and they are super easy to do buisness with.
Hey ✌️

Nope I haven't tried them and they seem to be very interesting! My problem though is that I don't live in the states... I'm from Germany and can't find a shop that sells them :(

You mentioned above that it doesn't spread from front to back. You could try the method from my thread. Because you need two inserts for it, it is of course somewhat thicker, but from my personal experience I can tell you that it is possible to use the capacity completely. I had the same problem before. Another advantage is that I no longer have leaks. Even with a Tena Maxi, which we both know really does not have a high leak control system (but lots of SAP) , this does not happen. Even laying on your side🙂

Last edited:
Sgdlboy said:
As a former bedwetter till 16 years old i wore medical diapers all the way and didn't have access to abdl diapers back then and even if i did i couldn't get my mom to get them . I actually like medical diapers so i was wondering if anyone else like them . If by any chance i got caught i have a reason to explain rather than printed diapers . Now years later i actually like and prefer medical diapers than abdl diapers , sure i like the prints and they definitely look cool but i still go back to medical diapers possibly due to that i wore medical diapers growing up .
I actually was a bedwetter until around the same age as you stopped--I think I was 15 or 16 when my bedwetting problems suddenly disappeared, I can't recall at the moment. At first my mom would get me Goodnites until she couldn't afford to get them all the time and just got whatever diapers were available at thrift stores (I remember one time when she came home with the back of her car crammed with enough diapers to fill my entire clothes drawer (which I didn't really use for some reason) plus some). Unfortunately, most of the diapers from the thrift store were really cheap diapers with either really weak tapes or almost 0 absorbency, though there were a few pretty good ones.
Because of this, I do tend to like medical diapers, especially the ones that are on the thicker, more absorbent side. Though I have looked at some of the AB/DL printed and have heard of how thick and absorbent the Camelots diapers are and want to try them out just because of that, though I don't really have the money for it right now--and not to mention that their Mediums are all out of stock).

TL;DR - I too like most plain medical diapers.

I always liked all white diapers because I was put into those as a child. Most medical ones are all white and remind me of the vintage type diapers I remember. There are many all white plastic ones nowadays . Im not to big on ones with all the lines arrows and words on them. The Confidry ones come close to reminding me of the all white plastic thick diapers of the late 70s and early 80s.....I actually wish an ABDL company could make replica thick Huggies or Pampers from the early 80s style.

I started out using plastic backed depends, and later moved on to abena m4. I would say these were my go to diapers from the late 90s to, like 2010. I have still worn m4 for the past 11 years or so but have also used dry 24/7 /and in the past six or seven years tried a lot of Northshore diapers and various ABDL diapers. My favorite of these specialty higher priced diapers I’ve been the Safari. My favorite diapers to use have always been plastic backed. My medical diaper of choice and diaper that I use now when I go out and about has changed from the m4 to dry 24/7 or north shore mega max and I only discovered that I needed to make this change recently, because of adapting to the use of a onesie. This makes the abena not work as well for me. I need something with a higher rise while wearing a onesie so that it doesn’t curl in on itself and split down a bit more thus making it more possible for the ones you to get wet. And as far as the prints for a BDL diapers go, I do like some of them but they are not really a huge factor for me as I am very visually impaired. I like the safari diapers because I can tell the animals that are on it, plus lions are the best anyways, too bad there’s not a diaper was just all big cats on them, yet. For me though it’s about the quality and thickness in the usefulness of these ABDL diapers. The print it’s just an added bonus and I figured that if you’re going to pay all that money for an ABGL diaper you may as well get the print that you like the most sense generally the quality of the diaper itself it’s not really a drastic difference from one print to the next. When you combine all these qualities with the excessive cost though in the current times it’s just not really a great option when you were on an every day basis. So for me medical diapers are definitely the way to go.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and WillFord384
I wear thinner medical type diapers like attends or tena or Walgreens diapers during the day or just a pullup. But right now I'm wearing crinklz diapers or seni diapers at night

Reactions: RedPandaDL
I have used the old plastic backed Depends and more recently M4s. I enjoyed both and thought the Abenas fit and felt great. But I love the baby prints so much more.

Reactions: RedPandaDL and FishDL
I've been a DL along time. Have a growing AB side. I've tried all the AB designs. I am loyal to Abunivse.
I prefer the Simple, SDK, and Playschool. The design is only on landing strip. I do like blue interior on SDK.
I get away driving a delivery truck in a diaper. I use ABU Simple or Abena. If something like a accident ever happened. A baby design would be even more difficult
I save my baby design diapers for home or just going out

AB diapers definitely make me feel smaller compared to medical diapers. But for just wearing and using I'll take any diaper with good comfort and absorbency.

When trying to be discreet medical diapers win though.

mikedp7815 said:
I've been a DL along time. Have a growing AB side. I've tried all the AB designs. I am loyal to Abunivse.
I prefer the Simple, SDK, and Playschool. The design is only on landing strip. I do like blue interior on SDK.
I get away driving a delivery truck in a diaper. I use ABU Simple or Abena. If something like a accident ever happened. A baby design would be even more difficult
I save my baby design diapers for home or just g
I think the same way. I ended up in the hospital 5 days last week. I only had one white diaper left in my bag when I left. No way they looking at me in a tie die MM or a pink one. I not a AB so I not into the baby print stuff but I like the solid colors from NorthShore. Is just a nice change after almost 30 years of white. so I ordered me some more today.

I just feel more secure in the medical ones.
They still leak and I know it's just mind over matter, but for some reason I like them better

WishfulJirachi said:
I actually was a bedwetter until around the same age as you stopped--I think I was 15 or 16 when my bedwetting problems suddenly disappeared, I can't recall at the moment. At first my mom would get me Goodnites until she couldn't afford to get them all the time and just got whatever diapers were available at thrift stores (I remember one time when she came home with the back of her car crammed with enough diapers to fill my entire clothes drawer (which I didn't really use for some reason) plus some). Unfortunately, most of the diapers from the thrift store were really cheap diapers with either really weak tapes or almost 0 absorbency, though there were a few pretty good ones.
Because of this, I do tend to like medical diapers, especially the ones that are on the thicker, more absorbent side. Though I have looked at some of the AB/DL printed and have heard of how thick and absorbent the Camelots diapers are and want to try them out just because of that, though I don't really have the money for it right now--and not to mention that their Mediums are all out of stock).

TL;DR - I too like most plain medical diapers.
Ikr , goodnites in my country are very expensive , roughly about 2-3 times more expensive than regular tape tab medical diapers here. My mom thought its best if i wear medical diapers plus at the time of my bed wetting goodnites couldn't really hold as well as tab diapers . Medical style diapers here are fairly decent for me although i have not tried abdl diapers because they are super expensive , a pack of abu can get me like 5 or 6 packs of normal medical diapers , so far medical diapers here are quite absorbent enough for me .

Kayleigh said:
Let’s hear it for the M4s. Their plastic reminds me of vintage baby diapers.
And they work / hold alot.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
JOCKMAN said:
And they work / hold alot.
I always liked their plastic back. But vintage ATTENDS from the 90's was the softest and best smelling I have ever used. Not the most absorbent but far better than store brands today.

Reactions: JOCKMAN
Back