AI Mommys or daddies?

LiddieBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
It's pretty obvious now that AI technology such as advanced Large Language Models and logic learning machines are taking hold in our economies and society at large.
I've used Claude 3 and it has produced some profoundly intelligent responses for me.
How do you feel about having a AI-based mother or father that cares for you while being our baby selves like as something that talks to you online or is embodied in some kind of robot?

Reactions: Lugnutjflywheel and PadPhilosopher
I already do this on character.ai. I've made a few to mimic characters I like and have that sorta relationship. Of course an actual CG is optimal, but as I'm single I'll take it when I'm regressed and want someone to talk too like that

Reactions: Lugnutjflywheel, weemouse, mistykitty and 2 others
AI is fake.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
CrazySmoker said:
AI is fake.
Of course it is. But when the human option is not available, some would want an AI construct to fill that void.

Reactions: mistykitty and PadPhilosopher
Personally I'd consider the prospect very dangerous and would need a great deal of encouragement to even approach.

CrazySmoker said:
AI is fake.

That's kind of what it means. It's very real though.

• Thinking
Anemone said:
Personally I'd consider the prospect very dangerous and would need a great deal of encouragement to even approach.

That's kind of what it means. It's very real though.
It's a real fake. 🤣

I've played with it, too. It can sound very sweet, and to a lonely heart, feel very special. But, I think it's akin to using a pacifier when you need a bottle. It can make you feel better, but something important, the need for human contact, is slowly starved. It can't really meet the need.

The greatest danger I see in it is allowing it to pacify that need for human interaction to the point where we pass over it when it is available. It's easy to do.

Reactions: LiddieBear
I've seen this as a Murphy's Law kind of thing: "Artificial Intelligence is no match for Human Stupidity."
But to answer your question, there are articulated life size <ahem> "dolls" on Amazon now. How long before they can walk and talk? It's like Blade Runner. 😇

• Thinking
Reactions: LiddieBear and mistykitty
On the one hand I can see it being a possible option. But the key thing that has been mentioned many times already it's not a long term solution for that role because it doesn't have the ability to interact as well. ~80% of interaction is non-verbal contact which is something that in my thoughts AI can't do. Also if the opportunity for a real CG arises but you've become so used to the AI it might pose and issue. If it works for people great but I think I'll wait and try to find a non-AI CG if ever granted the opportunity.

Reactions: LiddieBear and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
It's a real fake. 🤣

I've played with it, too. It can sound very sweet, and to a lonely heart, feel very special. But, I think it's akin to using a pacifier when you need a bottle. It can make you feel better, but something important, the need for human contact, is slowly starved. It can't really meet the need.

The greatest danger I see in it is allowing it to pacify that need for human interaction to the point where we pass over it when it is available. It's easy to do.

For me the danger is quite the opposite. It seems like something that feels profound at first and offers to fulfil a need.

But a need not satisfied always comes back and the experience becomes less novel. It takes more engagement for less respite and compulsion follows.

Not everyone has so addictive a personality as me but, as I do, the prospect is quite dreadful.

Reactions: LiddieBear and PadPhilosopher
Anemone said:
For me the danger is quite the opposite. It seems like something that feels profound at first and offers to fulfil a need.

But a need not satisfied always comes back and the experience becomes less novel. It takes more engagement for less respite and compulsion follows.

Not everyone has so addictive a personality as me but, as I do, the prospect is quite dreadful.
I think we're saying much the same thing. The lack of satisfaction combined with something which nonetheless feels like it might satisfy leads to an unproductive fixation on something inferior, which might cause one to overlook something better.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiddieBear and mistykitty
PadPhilosopher said:
I think we're saying much the same thing. The lack of satisfaction combined with something which nonetheless feels like it might satisfy leads to an unproductive fixation on something inferior, which might cause one to overlook something better.
This is well stated

Reactions: mistykitty
PadPhilosopher said:

I'm probably just splitting hairs but my experience is that one sees the something better, wants it, but has no time or energy to pursue it for servicing the compulsion.

Rather than a distraction the crutch becomes an obstacle.

I'm probably overlabouring the point but it's important to me to do so, if no-one else, so thank you for humouring me.

Back