After over 8 years you’d think that I’d know better!

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I fell asleep early while watching TV last night and woke up needing a diaper change. So I was putting on my fresh diaper around 2:00 AM when I began to have a bowel movement. This is the first time since I’ve been dual ic that I have had this happen while still in the process of changing my diaper and it was a quite disquieting. The stealth with which this appeared makes me a little nervous about the possibility of it occurring while I’m in the shower without any forewarning. Has anyone else who’s fecal incontinent ever had this unsettling experience?

Reactions: sport1 and Edgewater
Yes but I just go on with life and let it be even being dual ic like you .Nerve damage has caused me to be this way but I go on and live life to fullest .Even though I have changed somethings I just adapt and go on.

Reactions: Napincolove, Edgewater and Zeke
Yes, but as I use daily morning enemas (medically prescribed) to manage my neurogenic bowel and bowel incontinence, it is very infrequent.

--John

Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke
jdinvirginia said:
Yes, but as I use daily morning enemas (medically prescribed) to manage my neurogenic bowel and bowel incontinence, it is very infrequent.

--John
Planned enemas would eliminate the materials necessary for a surprise attack by my G.I. tract! I probably shouldn’t have chosen to make this forum posting, but I was kind of caught of guard by the unexpected when I was changing diapers this morning and felt the need to post (similar to vent) about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
Zeke said:
Planned enemas would eliminate the materials necessary for a surprise attack by my G.I. tract! I probably shouldn’t have chosen to make this forum posting, but I was kind of caught of guard by the unexpected when I was changing diapers this morning and felt the need to post (similar to vent) about it.
The U-IC folks can from time to time be faced with an F-IC moment and it helps us all to understand that this World of IC is just so unpredictable! Your Thread is not out of place, good friend!!

Zeke said:
I fell asleep early while watching TV last night and woke up needing a diaper change. So I was putting on my fresh diaper around 2:00 AM when I began to have a bowel movement. This is the first time since I’ve been dual ic that I have had this happen while still in the process of changing my diaper and it was a quite disquieting. The stealth with which this appeared makes me a little nervous about the possibility of it occurring while I’m in the shower without any forewarning. Has anyone else who’s fecal incontinent ever had this unsettling experience?
I sure have.

I have no idea of what happens when I'm asleep. But when I get up in the morning I know I had a BM and my diaper is loaded. During the day I do have BM accidents but not everyday. Actually rare. But in the early morning I often have another BM. Sometimes I don't have one until the morning but it's also a certainty that it's either during while sleeping, the morning or both. When I'm awake I hardly have any real surprises. I feel a growing urgency and in minutes (or seconds) I have an uncontrolled BM. If I was in the shower I've never had one. If I feel the urge I tried to get on the toilet. But I always "finish the job" in my diaper before cleaning up. Later in the morning after coffee, checking my emails and exercising, I make sure I'm empty and then it's time to clean-up and shower.

Reactions: sport1 and Zeke
greatlake5 said:
I have no idea of what happens when I'm asleep. But when I get up in the morning I know I had a BM and my diaper is loaded. During the day I do have BM accidents but not everyday. Actually rare. But in the early morning I often have another BM. Sometimes I don't have one until the morning but it's also a certainty that it's either during while sleeping, the morning or both. When I'm awake I hardly have any real surprises. I feel a growing urgency and in minutes (or seconds) I have an uncontrolled BM. If I was in the shower I've never had one. If I feel the urge I tried to get on the toilet. But I always "finish the job" in my diaper before cleaning up. Later in the morning after coffee, checking my emails and exercising, I make sure I'm empty and then it's time to clean-up and shower.
Mine happen when awake just can't make it on time.

Back