ABU training pants v. Tykables padded briefs

pampersman

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Has anyone tried both ABU training pants and Tykables padded briefs? I am specifically curious about how they compare in terms of thickness, comfort and which is less obvious under clothes.

ABU has training pants ? or padded briefs? I went on their website and didn't see anything ...

Reactions: Lewis Badger
I tried the Tykables and discovered they run small for their size. I have a 32" waist and ordered medium but I should have ordered large as they bind in the crotch. Maybe it's just the way they're designed.

dogboy said:
I tried the Tykables and discovered they run small for their size. I have a 32" waist and ordered medium but I should have ordered large as they bind in the crotch. Maybe it's just the way they're designed.
A lot of the reviews say that they are not very padded at all. I guess they would be very discrete though. Did you feel they are very thinly padded?

Sorry, meant Rearz, not ABU

pampersman said:
That makes more sense. I am considering buy one of those. My understanding is they are considerably thicker than Tykables, but I haven’t tried either yet. I hear they are comfy though.

There was a recent thread on the Rearz training pants. Like just a week or so ago.

I have a pair of tykables training pants. They are not thick at all. They are comfortable though and not noticeable under clothes. (They seem to be made with a thin layer of terry cloth on the inside). Sadly, I know nothing about rearz.
As dogboy said they also seem to run a little small. Funny as they looked pretty big before I put them on. I'm a 34" waist so I got large and even though they fit comfortably I'm glad I didn't go for the mediums.

I have a pair of both.

if you want thick, cloth diaper like feeling then go with the Rearz, if you want what is essentially is printed regularly underwear go with Tykables.

Reactions: angelicprince and RedPandaDL
RedPandaDL said:
A lot of the reviews say that they are not very padded at all. I guess they would be very discrete though. Did you feel they are very thinly padded?

The Tykables are thinly padded which was why I was interested in them. They're very cute and I may try again with a large.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
pampersman said:
I have the Rearz Dinosaur Training Pants, and the Rearz Safari Training Pants, as well as a pair of the Tykeables padded briefs. The tykeables are barely padded at all, basically just a cute print underwear with a thin layer of terry cloth on the inside. Definitely not actual training pants.

The dinosaur pants are about 3/4 as thick as the safari, even though they're both rearz. Wearing the safari at work right now. The Rearz varieties match close with those you can get at babypants in their my first training pants thickness.

I’ve been considering getting a pair of training pants as a more fun and ecological way to manage my bladder incontinence in the daytime. How absorbent are they? It would be helpful to know.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Dinotopian2002 said:
I’ve been considering getting a pair of training pants as a more fun and ecological way to manage my bladder incontinence in the daytime. How absorbent are they? It would be helpful to know.

Training pants do not have any wetness barrier (i.e. plastic outer surface), they are only cloth and wetness goes through cloth pretty easily.

If you are going to use plastic pants over the training pants, they can hold some wetness but it depends on how much you dribble or wet, how long you go between changes and how thick the training pants are.

Dinotopian2002 said:

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002
As Denise mentioned, they have no wetness barrier. They really aren't the equivalent of like a cloth pocket diaper, though I'd love a pair of pull ups that was. I've wet them before with plastic pants on but then you just end up with a lot of liquid in the plastic pants after the trainers soak through. Had an accident once and messed them and it was... a mess. Wouldn't recommend.

If you're looking for something that'll give you the feeling of being padded, while being discrete enough to wear at work they're great. They also help me with minor leaks throughout my work day and keep me from leaving spots on my pants.

I have several pairs of the rearz trainers, very comfortable but are just a play thing and not useable.
The padding is just a batting material like a comforter is stuffed with. Would be better if they would use a padding that would actually have some absorbancy to it. Definitely need plastic pants for wetting .

Reactions: RedPandaDL
Back