ABU SDK’s finally fixed?!?!

JustinDB87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
So for those that order the SDK’s from ABU, there has been a message on their site that the current run of SDK’s fit smaller due to an issue with the tape placement. There had also been other issues as well, such as the implementation of a front waistband, ugly dark blue interior, and inconsistencies with the plastic backing. Sometimes you’d get a nice buttery smooth plastic that felt great and other times, you get plastic that felt like a vinyl shower curtain. It just ruined the experience in my opinion.

Well I had refrained from purchasing any for awhile because I was losing a bunch of weight and I didn’t want to spend on diapers that may not fit or feel right. I had messaged ABU’s customer service about an ETA on their updated shipments that would fix the issues. They told me that they had the new shipments, but would have to sell the old inventory first.

I had been extremely overweight and could barely fit into XL’s. Since, I’ve lost over 90 lbs and the diapers I had dwarfed me now lol. I had been thinking of getting L’s instead and noticed a few weeks back that they were out of stock. I got hopeful that the supply was updating, so I ordered 4 packs. I was pleasantly surprised to find I was right. The plastic was buttery smooth, the front no longer has a waistband, and the blue interior is lighter baby blue color similar to the Pampers Baby Dry from yesteryear. I’ll post comparison pics soon. The note about the fit is still on their website, so I’m sure some of the other sizes will still have the bad batch, but larges appear to be good to go! Pretty excited.

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, PlastiBrain, gamefreak94 and 2 others
I would've preferred that they had kept the elastics; yes, the OG Pampers 6 didn't have waistband elastic, but they DID have the plastic side-wings with elastic bands, which, if I understand correctly, P&G apparently still has the patent on, so even ABU can't use that design for their SDK's.

But I'm glad to hear other issues have been fixed; I also never liked that dark-blue spot in the padding, so I'm glad to hear they're making that a lighter shade of blue!

Reactions: PlastiBrain
Funny. I don’t mind more coarse plastic but that error in the tape placement was not bueno.

Unfortunately I used the last of my SDK supply from the batch that had the front waistband, so I can’t show pics that compare and contrast those two versions. However, I did have some left from the batch before that, which had the shower curtain feeling plastic and the dark blue liner. Obviously the old one on the right is an XL and the new one on the is a L, but you can clearly see the difference in color. The feeling of the plastic on the new ones are awesome as well.

1685129519802.png

1685129570342.png

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Iron
I love the SDK's and I've still got some of the all white ones with higher tapes (which for me were better) as well as the ones with the front waistband with the tapes that were lower. They don't fit as well.
Pictures below
20230206_144347.jpg
20230206_144618.jpg
20230206_144426.jpg
20230206_144511.jpg

Reactions: TigerDL, PlastiBrain, Prillprillprill and 2 others
JustinDB87 said:
So for those that order the SDK’s from ABU, there has been a message on their site that the current run of SDK’s fit smaller due to an issue with the tape placement. There had also been other issues as well, such as the implementation of a front waistband, ugly dark blue interior, and inconsistencies with the plastic backing. Sometimes you’d get a nice buttery smooth plastic that felt great and other times, you get plastic that felt like a vinyl shower curtain. It just ruined the experience in my opinion.

Well I had refrained from purchasing any for awhile because I was losing a bunch of weight and I didn’t want to spend on diapers that may not fit or feel right. I had messaged ABU’s customer service about an ETA on their updated shipments that would fix the issues. They told me that they had the new shipments, but would have to sell the old inventory first.

I had been extremely overweight and could barely fit into XL’s. Since, I’ve lost over 90 lbs and the diapers I had dwarfed me now lol. I had been thinking of getting L’s instead and noticed a few weeks back that they were out of stock. I got hopeful that the supply was updating, so I ordered 4 packs. I was pleasantly surprised to find I was right. The plastic was buttery smooth, the front no longer has a waistband, and the blue interior is lighter baby blue color similar to the Pampers Baby Dry from yesteryear. I’ll post comparison pics soon. The note about the fit is still on their website, so I’m sure some of the other sizes will still have the bad batch, but larges appear to be good to go! Pretty excited.
Ohyay! (Also ohno!) I DID just order an 80 case of medium SDKs. I hope they arent the borked up ones

Oh man, Ill have to place another order soon. I normaly where a medium, but the l large's extra space and current tape position on me fit like a dream.

I just ordered some mediums this week for the first time in a decade or so, and this is what I got.

I like them.

1685134453254.png

Reactions: TigerDL, PlastiBrain, Jorelaxed and 3 others
They've had that notice about SDKs running 1 inch smaller than usual for a long time. I actually called and asked recently before I ordered if I was getting more from the same 'bad' batch to which they said yes. I'd rather have more from the 'bad' batch because the plastic on them feels much smoother than the mediums (maybe it's always been this way??), and these larges fit me perfectly despite being a 30" waist.

I've suggested to them more than once that they need to move those single tapes WAY UP on the back wing but they don't seem interested. If you're going to go with single tapes, look at ANY baby diaper on the market and just look at where their tapes are. It's not difficult to see why they do this.

If you don't like it, contact them and suggest they move them way up. (I'd like to see them within an inch of the top in the back) Maybe if enough people suggest it they'll reconsider.

Reactions: DanUt and southeastlittle
Bearcatz said:
I just ordered some mediums this week for the first time in a decade or so, and this is what I got.

I like them.

View attachment 109910
Why do the tapes look so incredibly small in this picture compared to others?

abdlchristian12 said:
They do look kinda small there but I think that might just be the angle of the photo. Also, why is there so much 'wasted' material on the wing compared to the tape tab? Seems like they could trim that back a bit too. I feel like too much extra material there makes it look less like the intended look of vintage Pampers.

abdlchristian12 said:

First person view, they're definitely pretty big.
1685230215604.png

Reactions: DiaperedInDenver and abdlchristian12
LittleScotty said:
I love the SDK's and I've still got some of the all white ones with higher tapes (which for me were better) as well as the ones with the front waistband with the tapes that were lower. They don't fit as well.
Pictures below
View attachment 109905
View attachment 109906
View attachment 109907
View attachment 109908
I agree the version of all white were better. They were way better than the ones with the ugly blue inner liner suck and I'll absolutely not order any more of them. Unfortunately I'm stuck with 3 plus bags of them.
On a lighter note, I'm glad they did lighten the blue inner liner though.

Reactions: PlastiBrain
I can see why they added the blue as some of the old Pampers pics from back then had something similar. The lighter blue definitely looks better on them for sure.

1685239282312.jpeg

Reactions: TigerDL, 68Bonnie and abdlchristian12
I love the darker blue liner but can do without it as long as they keep the front landing zone the same.

I wore one of these to bed last night, and woke up pretty wet. No leaks and it wasn't uncomfortable at all. Now totally soggy and messy, it definitely has that loaded baby diaper saggy booty effect going on.

Overall, I like these and hope they don't mess with them any.

Reactions: jamiejamie
I finally got mine in and I LOVE the new style! The plastic feels great and I totally love the cuter/lighter blue. Feels a lot more like what I always wanted it to be. The only downside is I ordered size L and they are wayyy too big on me. Anybody have a bag of Mediums they want to trade with? Lol

Reactions: jamiejamie
southeastlittle said:
I finally got mine in and I LOVE the new style! The plastic feels great and I totally love the cuter/lighter blue. Feels a lot more like what I always wanted it to be. The only downside is I ordered size L and they are wayyy too big on me. Anybody have a bag of Mediums they want to trade with? Lol
Now I’m not sure what sizes to get. I typically wear large cuz I like it on the big size.

jamiejamie said:
Now I’m not sure what sizes to get. I typically wear large cuz I like it on the big size.
I used to get mediums, then when the bad batch came out that was an inch smaller I was getting larges, now they're back to normal I think so larges are too big for me again. I would go with whatever size you'd normally get before they had the sizing issue.

They still have the warning up on the SDK page saying they're running an inch smaller than usual but I think that might no longer apply.

EDIT: the larges are big on me but not so big they aren't comfy. The tapes aren't quite touching but are close so technically it fits.

Last edited:
Back