Abena

Prime69

DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Are Abena slip diapers discreet? They look similar to the European tenas everyone loves. Can’t get my hands on those in the US, so I thought I’d try these. They have them at LL medical now. Thanks!

Abena slip are thin & cloth back so yes discreet
but they don't hold much and leak easily
oddly they call the slip their premium line even though the budget plastic diaper line is a far superior product by miles!

Reactions: soggybottoms8882, Jonnythepony, kaitsux and 1 other person
Go for Seni instead.

Cloth backed Abenas were trash when I tried them last and sounds like nothing's changed.

Reactions: Goodnitesdude0127
Didn’t know they were cloth backed. Thanks guys!

What is the most discreet plastic backed in the states then? Help needed.

They are pretty much all the same in terms of discreet levels.

If you get Abena M4 or L4 (plastic version)
Put the diaper on then:
Put on a pair of boxer briefs or compression shorts
put jeans on over top
wear a tall t-shirt or sweater to hide your waistline
no one will nottice you are wearing a diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: neurallink, Prime69, LiLMaus and 1 other person
I wear Abena Slip M4 most of the time plastic pants. I prefer plastic version but cannot buy here in New Zealand.

To be clear... The plastic-backed Abenas are still marketed as Abena Abri-Form Comfort in the US, last I saw. I think they left that packaging and branding unchanged when they did their recent overhaul (renaming Abri-Flex pull-ons to Abena Pants, and renaming the Abri-Form Air Plus—or whatever it was called—cloth-backed tabbed diaper to Abena Slip, and so on). It actually worries me a bit... It could either be a way to make it more obvious that it's a different product, or it could be that they're not putting in the time and expense to overhaul the branding on a product they're considering discontinuing. I noticed that prices on the plastic-backed products jumped when they did the branding overhaul.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
For those old enough to remember the original Abena X-PLUS around the early to mid 00's it was a fantastic product.

There have been numerous rounds of cost cutting billed as 'improvements' since then.

It's garbage now. Don't waste your money.

Prime69 said:
What is the most discreet plastic backed in the states then? Help needed.
From Europe, so take what I say with a grain of salt, ut if you want something descreet go for the lower absorbency and change more often. Not tried betterdry day so not sure how thick it is, but I did like the betterdray.

You also have molicare maxi that is fairly descreet at least when dry. Can be found on llmedico.

If discrete is what you need, you will have to change often. You want a soft plastic shell or "cloth like", so nobody will hear you. You need low absorbancy, because 2L of liquid takes space, that people can see, because of the outline. Tena Ultimate comes to mind. Thin, silent. Not a big absorption, however: they are thin, so pretty easy to keep a few aside for changes. Even for thin diapers, quality will cost money.

In general: create a wardrobe of diapers that goes with your clothing. Nothing wrong with having 5 different brands, as long as each brand supports your lifestyle.

I like the Abena M4 plastic back diapers for both night and daytime wetting. They are absorbent enough for me at night and discreet for the day. The plastic is soft, supple, and silent under clothes. My morning Abena M4 diaper is wet and messy with no leaks.

Reactions: LiLMaus
blob said:
For those old enough to remember the original Abena X-PLUS around the early to mid 00's it was a fantastic product.

There have been numerous rounds of cost cutting billed as 'improvements' since then.

It's garbage now. Don't waste your money.
The cloth version is garbage

the plastic version is fantastic
works extremely well

Reactions: Jonnythepony, Prime69, Babybub and 1 other person
The plastic version is also garbage.

blob said:
The plastic version is also garbage.
iu

The clothed-backed version of Abena is 💩💩💩. The plastic-backed ones are the ones I use and are great for holding leaks. If you were to use a clothed back. I recommend Seni.

Last edited:
Back