Abena m4 reviews

Anonn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How do the Abena M4’s do? I need a good diaper to use while duck hunting and snow sports in the winter. With duck hunting and skiing, waders and winter clothes are difficult to take off so I might as well take advantage of having a DL side, right? I need a diaper capable of handling wettings and messes. I’m looking for the following info (plus whatever you feel like adding):
1. How many average wettings can they take?
2. How do they hold up over the course of a day with fairly active use?
3. How do they do with mess containment?
4. Would I ever need to worry about mess leaks or wetting leaks (with average use)?

also, if you feel there is a superior diaper for this, I am open to suggestions!

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Level 4 is thick, and may interfere with your range of motion while skiing .

1: level 4 can take a lot, but not as advertised
2: if you are active, the fluff will fall down into the crouch area
3: very well, just don't try making a super big mess - the side guards are amazing at containment, even when sitting
4: if you are not very active, no problem

Be aware you may need to where yoga pants or some other support to keep the diaper in place if you will be moving around a lot.

Last edited:
A long time ago they were a great product. They cut the quality several times, and better products entered the market.

Dont buy them.

Reactions: SpankyUnicorn
If it’s just capacity thats the deciding factor, then much higher capacities are available.

Abena L4s are still my favourite for the fit, the feel, the wicking and they are absorbent enough (3 full wettings or so).

abena's xplus leak guars are pretty short, I don't think I would trust them much. Although I think messing while you should be a long ways away from a change is a bad idea. (I'm sure opinions vary here) Just wetting would be much more manageable / pleasant. M4/L4 are perfectly capable of handling several wettings.

You might want to pick a diaper with more SAP though so it keeps your skin drier if you're going to be awhile between changes.

Abena M-4’s are my out of the house diaper. I’ve wet them up to 4 times for light wetting, 2 times for flood wetting. Adding a mess to a heavily wet diaper is pushing its capabilities but with a good diaper cover I’ve managed to contain the small leaks as well as helping to control odor. These are the disposables that I’ve settled on after trying several in their price range but everyone has their favorite brand that works best for them. 🦆Good luck with the ducks.🦆

Back