ABDL event, social awkwardness help advice

itsmebabypat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello all, I'm going to a ABDL event and when I normally do go to these kind things I always struggle with social stuff and quite often see small groups form of people AB's talking and not knowing how to join in. Any advice or your experience welcome.

Hi itsmebabypat,

First, good for you that you are brave enough to go to an ABDL event at all. That takes some courage and it's always awkward and scary at first.

In my experience, if you are new to the event, the best thing to do is be brave, walk up to someone and say something like, "Hello, I'm new here." That can often be a good ice breaker. You could also walk over to someone and compliment them on what they're wearing or their stuffy or whatever seems like a nice, genuine compliment. That can also open the door to conversation.

At one ABDL event I went to, I sang karaoke in front of a large group of people, mostly strangers, but because I did I hit it off with some new people and began making friends.

Or, if you do know some people at the ABDL event, ask them to introduce you to someone new that they know.

If there is an activity going on, participate in it - that can also get things moving along.

Anyway, just my two cents. It can feel awkward but if you were brave enough to go to an ABDL event, I know you can be brave enough to approach new people or participate in activities.

I wish you the best,

Tab

Reactions: siysiy
My fail proof tip is to bring a stuffy to keep you company. They are a great conversation starter too because people will want to huggle your adorable stuffy.

I'm a huge extrovert, but what I've learned about the Ageplay community ive found, it's amazing to see how most of the group is introverts, but they get around other introverts and get more social. We are unicorns. You've found a herd of unicorns.

If you're going to a munch, usually you'll want to be vanilla appearing. Where a shirt that has something you're interested in. For me it's sports teams from my home state, Star Wars, or bands I'm into. It's an easy icebreaker. Someone there is likely to engage.

Last edited:
Thank you all 😊

Back