A strong advice: Do not wait to tell your partner!

LittleRascal said:
Great aside from it being a lifestyle and not a kink.
I tend to disagree, as (in my opinion) a lifestyle is something you can choose. I doubt that many of us have chosen to be AB, DL or a combination.

However, as I've mentioned before English isn't even my second language, and there may be better words than "kink".

• Love
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
LittleTyke said:
I tend to disagree, as (in my opinion) a lifestyle is something you can choose. I doubt that many of us have chosen to be AB, DL or a combination.

However, as I've mentioned before English isn't even my second language, and there may be better words than "kink".
Your use of the term 'Kink' is in its correct English use/meaning!
'Lifestyle' as an alternative is being used as a 'woke' term!

Reactions: artemisenterri, Happy2BeInNappies2, LittleTyke and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Your use of the term 'Kink' is in its correct English use/meaning!
'Lifestyle' as an alternative is being used as a 'woke' term!
Thank you. 👍

Reactions: Edgewater
I definitely wish I would have told my wife before we got married and had kids. It was wrong of me to force this upon her 10 years after getting married and three kids later. I’m sure she would have fled back then.

• Hug
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, Subtlerustle, LittleTyke and 1 other person
@LittleTyke i just saw your thread now and you are doing a good job, to have described your experiences.
To be honest is one of the most difficult challenge in life. Honest to others but at all honest to oneself.

And sometimes if you arent, it could be very hurtfull. I had some similar experience you had. But i never neglected what i had experienced. It was the way to be who am I now. Someone who grows and get not only to accept being me, but being me as well fully.

Life is going forward. Ofcourse i have many wounds for being divorced and sometimes some wounds are hurting very very much also today and also with being now in a healthy marriage.

the most difficult thing for me is, that trust gets lost because of some experience. And its very difficult for me at some points to take in friendships. But that are only some thought which arent here the theme.

At all being abdl in partnership begins first with your own acceptence and going steps into it.

Hope to read more if you

• Love
Reactions: ItsTimmyTime, LittleTyke and PadPhilosopher
  • Haha
Reactions: BBBen and PadPhilosopher
LittleTyke said:
i feel a pressure building. 😄
Never would do that 😂😂😂
Feel free to come and go, write and read, be you - nooo presssure

Reactions: LittleTyke and PadPhilosopher
PaddedinHaslet said:
I definitely wish I would have told my wife before we got married and had kids. It was wrong of me to force this upon her 10 years after getting married and three kids later. I’m sure she would have fled back then.
I wish that I had known what I know now a decade and a half ago, so I could have diverted to a different future.

My biggest scar is that I've been ghosted by my daughter. I have a hope that she will turn around when she gets older, and gets away from my ex. In the meantime, I have decided that this should not affect my everyday mood negatively.

• Hug
Reactions: BBBen and PadPhilosopher
LittleTyke said:
I wish that I had known what I know now a decade and a half ago, so I could have diverted to a different future.
Correction: Two and a half decades. Dam'n, I'm getting old...

• Haha
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and PadPhilosopher
LittleTyke said:
I was just inspired to write this. Some will probably guess where the inspiration came from.

By now, even though I haven't been on board for very long, I have seen a multitude of posts along the line of "I waited XX years before telling my spouse...". And, more often than not, the post author is now in a dilemma, in trouble, divorced, or whatever not-so-positive situation. So I want to share my own experience, hopefully to help a few people who are not yet married with children. Can I save just one person from a very unhappy future, then this hasn't been in vain.

First of all: DO NOT get married (or get kids) before telling your partner about your kink(s). Some people might argue, that doing so would be immoral, because your partner would unknowingly be pulled into something they might not agree with. But that is not my point. This is for your own sake. What happens when they enventually find out, because you (finally) tell about it, or because they accidentally find your hidden stash? Are you willing to go through the crapstorm and flood of tears that is likely to erupt? And are you ready to lose a relationship that supposedly means something to you?

Granted, some partners turn out to be open-minded, which is a good thing. Or maybe it isn't really great if your partner sees it as a sort of sacrifice to let you diaper yourself, play baby, or whatver your kink is about. Maybe the partner only acts okay with it, to save the relationship. People are different.

Now, why do I write about this? Because I've been there myself, that's why.

My background: Mainly due to bullying in school, my self-esteem was between "low" and "zero" when I was a teen, as weel as in my twenties. I was awkwardly inconfident around women. I got my first girlfriend in my late twenties (!), and ended up marrying her a few years later. As soon as we began dating more seriously (before marriage), I told her about my fetish. I had been into diapers all my life, so it wasn't a new thing to me at all. Having a girlfriend was a new experience.

She flat out rejected my fetish, and would not hear of it. I wasn't allowed to indulge myself in my fetish. At all. I accepted this, because I didn't want to lose the only girlfriend I'd ever had. At times, I hate myself for this. I should have ended it, but I didn't know any better. And I can't change my past.

The first half decade, or so, went relatively fine. I could more or less keep my kink away in good times. But then things began to change. I don't know what happened "chemically", but when my wife got pregnant, she began to change. Just a little. When she had given birth, she changed more. And, years later, when our child began going to school, she had changed a lot more.

Before, we had an easy-going life. Now there were rules and schedules. Unspoken expectations, that resulted in scoldings when they weren't met. My still fragile self-esteem was shattered, and I was a complete push-over. Under the thumb. As an example, I was once scolded for not waking up by myself early enough (to her liking) in a weekend, when the alarm clocks weren't set, and we had no appointments. I was constantly walking on eggshells, afraid to say or do something wrong. Or even to do the correct things in the wrong order. And my fetish – my best coping mechanism – was no-go.

Needless to say, I was miserable. And I began revisiting my kink "under-cover", when I had the chance to do so. Did it feel good? Yeah, but not great, because I had to keep things hidden, so I couldn't really relax, even when trying to live out my kink. And at times I hated myself for being different.

To cut the painfully long story short, it ended in a divorce. Not because of my kink (I don't think that she ever discovered anything), but because neither of us could handle the hostility anymore. The main reason that I had kept going for far too long, was that I didn't believe that I was able to live on my own. That's how low my confidence had become. But some nice people I confided in gave me sufficient nudges to get out of the crappy and toxic marriage. I am forever grateful to them. 🙏

After I had moved to a new place, I immediately began looking for a girlfriend, as I still didn't believe that I could function on my own. Fun fact: Being desperate is not helpful on the dating scene. A few years went by, and my confidence grew. Slowly, but steadily. At one point, it had grown enough to be self-sustaining, self-strengthening, or whatever makes more sense. I got to know people, with and without kinks. I had sex with other women than my now ex-wife, which was an altogether new experience. All the women I was intimate with were told about my kink in advance. I didn't want to hide that anymore. A few saw me in diapers and baby clothes.

Eventually, it got to the point were I stopped searching. It occurred to me that I was living happily on my own, and it worked out fine! 👍

Half a year, or so, after I decided to quit searching for a partner, I began communicating with a woman, that eventually became my current girlfriend. I wasn't actually trying to date – I just commented on something she had written in a post somewhere. Three weeks after first contact, we met IRL. But most importantly: I told her about my kink before we even met!

We have now been together for nearly five years, and I've never felt better. My kink is no longer hidden (from my GF, that is), and nearly all my fetish stuff – diapers, baby clothes, toys and such – are neatly stored, and readily available, in a closet in the bedroom. Not hidden away in boxes in the attic or the basement. My wonderful GF expects me to live my kink as much as I feel like, and she occasionally participates in various ways.

This became much longer than I intended. Sorry about that.

I urge you to tell about your kinks in advance. Maybe not before the first IRL meeting, but at least well before you begin planning a wedding, or try to have kids. If they cannot accept your kink, then you must think long and hard about whether or not you can live without it. Do not get fooled by love (or what you might think is love, if you are as inexperienced as I was). It may be easier to ignore your special needs in the butterfly-woozey beginning of the relationship, but what happens when the endelss droning of Everyday hits? After five years? Ten? Fifteen? Will you be able to handle it then? Maybe, maybe not. I couldn't.

I will argue, that if your kink is a big and important part of you, and a person cannot accept that, then that person is not a potential partner for you. Please! Save yourself from future misery.
I agree with the Tyke: be upfront as early in the relationship as possible (usually before the first intercourse). No matter how attractive, the potential partner is not "right" for for you if they can not be part of your fantasy life. Toleration is a poor substitute.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, LittleTyke and PadPhilosopher
BuddyBoy said:
I agree with the Tyke: be upfront as early in the relationship as possible (usually before the first intercourse). No matter how attractive, the potential partner is not "right" for for you if they can not be part of your fantasy life. Toleration is a poor substitute.
"Toleration is a poor substitute."
I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

Over the years, I've realized more and more, that physical attraction means just about nothing, compared to personality. My (new) wife may look well and surely middleaged, sagging and chubby to most people, but to me, she is the most wonderful woman. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, Subtlerustle and PadPhilosopher
Nobody wants to be “tolerated”. That would be grounds for separation.

• Thinking
Reactions: artemisenterri, PadPhilosopher and Traveler
LittleTyke said:
"Toleration is a poor substitute."
I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

Over the years, I've realized more and more, that physical attraction means just about nothing, compared to personality. My (new) wife may look well and surely middleaged, sagging and chubby to most people, but to me, she is the most wonderful woman. ❤️
You are a lucky man Little Tyke. Here's hoping for many happy years to come.

• Love
Reactions: artemisenterri, Happy2BeInNappies2, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
BuddyBoy said:
You are a lucky man Little Tyke. Here's hoping for many happy years to come.
Yup, I know. And thanks. 😊

• Love
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and PadPhilosopher
This is an excellent post. Let me expose my situation:

I've been raised mainly by my mother, my father being travelling for very long periods when I was very small, sometimes for years!
My mother was a good mother. She really tried to educate us (my bigger sister and myself) the best she could. But education was for her more important than inconditional love. Giving us everything to "survive" in this world was key and I will always be grateful for that (despite an attachment deficit).
Unfortunately, the family life was complicated and my father left when I was 11 to live in another country. My mother tried to raise her two childrens alone which is never easy. It happened that a guy who was "helping" her by taking care of me was a predator and I've been deeply abused during 3 years every 2 weeks and during some vacation.

It's easy to understand that once I became a teenager, my relation to sex and my confidence were not great. On top I had a strange need to become a baby and wear diapers but it was a total secret, something very personal from my toddler age.

I had an adventure with two girlfriends quite late (around 20) and it was for me always something passionate. How could it be differently? I was always looking for inconditional love since ever. And when the "love stories" ended up, I always felt miserable.

When I finally discovered a nice girl that was interested by me, believe me, I didn't want to discuss any weird things. I waited until I was sure that we could spend long time together before disclosing several things. I finally discussed about the abuse and tried to introduce my "little" side. As I was always trying to give the best of me, she didn't really catch the consequences of the abuse and when one day she told me that my "little" side was a bit too much for her, I simply told her that it was OK, I would not indulge anymore.

What a big mistake! It was in the end 80's and I had absolutely no information about this kink nor any idea what would happen in the future.

We were in love, well educated, studying, working, a great social grow. And years after, a fantastic wedding.

Then, the kids came and the sexuality slowly went down (it has never been a central point anyway). And my relation with others became complicated so I decided to work on my abuse and kink through a therapy. It helped me a LOT for the abuse but for my "little" side, it was more complicated. I was not accepting this side of me (mainly becaues I had zero support). I tried to talk a bit about this to my wife but it was always a bit complicated. I didn't had the right words and she wasn't able to understand. The conclusion was: "As far I don't see it, do wathever you want".

OK... So I hided this side of me for years. Ohh, I always had some diapers somewhere and nobody never discovered them but you know... the frustration grow over time.
When my mother passed away (very old and in the best possible way), I don't know why but I felt some kind of "freedom". I met some ABDL, start to buy some baby clothes, accessories, ... And finally got the courage to tell my wife that I would go to an ABDL event. "Remember, you told me as far you don't see it. You'll know but will not see it!"

When I came back, I was so happy ("transformed?") that she didn't say anything and told me that I can go whenever I need. Now I'm away a few days every quarter. And I also introduced a few "little" things in the house. A plushie in the bed, i sleep in a footed pajama (plain color), there are Pampers wipes in the toilets, I shave my diaper area, ... I'm less and less hiding this side of me and she don't say anything. In fact, we never ever talk about that.

To conclude (yep, sorry, a bit long also), what saved me was to talk about it in the early months of our relation. She never embraced it but she also never asked me to stop it. We are together since decades and no plan to break at all, we have lot of project for our future retirement!
I've made a lot of mistakes, mainly due to ignorance and would do the thing totally differently with the current knowledge but one thing is for sure, if I would have hided this part of me, we would not be together anymore. Now it's up to me to add more and more of my "little" side without hurting her. I also need one day to thank her to let me be what I am, more and more every year.

• Love
Reactions: artemisenterri, Happy2BeInNappies2, LittleTyke and 1 other person
TabaCrate said:
This is an excellent post. Let me expose my situation:

I've been raised mainly by my mother, my father being travelling for very long periods when I was very small, sometimes for years!
My mother was a good mother. She really tried to educate us (my bigger sister and myself) the best she could. But education was for her more important than inconditional love. Giving us everything to "survive" in this world was key and I will always be grateful for that (despite an attachment deficit).
Unfortunately, the family life was complicated and my father left when I was 11 to live in another country. My mother tried to raise her two childrens alone which is never easy. It happened that a guy who was "helping" her by taking care of me was a predator and I've been deeply abused during 3 years every 2 weeks and during some vacation.

It's easy to understand that once I became a teenager, my relation to sex and my confidence were not great. On top I had a strange need to become a baby and wear diapers but it was a total secret, something very personal from my toddler age.

I had an adventure with two girlfriends quite late (around 20) and it was for me always something passionate. How could it be differently? I was always looking for inconditional love since ever. And when the "love stories" ended up, I always felt miserable.

When I finally discovered a nice girl that was interested by me, believe me, I didn't want to discuss any weird things. I waited until I was sure that we could spend long time together before disclosing several things. I finally discussed about the abuse and tried to introduce my "little" side. As I was always trying to give the best of me, she didn't really catch the consequences of the abuse and when one day she told me that my "little" side was a bit too much for her, I simply told her that it was OK, I would not indulge anymore.

What a big mistake! It was in the end 80's and I had absolutely no information about this kink nor any idea what would happen in the future.

We were in love, well educated, studying, working, a great social grow. And years after, a fantastic wedding.

Then, the kids came and the sexuality slowly went down (it has never been a central point anyway). And my relation with others became complicated so I decided to work on my abuse and kink through a therapy. It helped me a LOT for the abuse but for my "little" side, it was more complicated. I was not accepting this side of me (mainly becaues I had zero support). I tried to talk a bit about this to my wife but it was always a bit complicated. I didn't had the right words and she wasn't able to understand. The conclusion was: "As far I don't see it, do wathever you want".

OK... So I hided this side of me for years. Ohh, I always had some diapers somewhere and nobody never discovered them but you know... the frustration grow over time.
When my mother passed away (very old and in the best possible way), I don't know why but I felt some kind of "freedom". I met some ABDL, start to buy some baby clothes, accessories, ... And finally got the courage to tell my wife that I would go to an ABDL event. "Remember, you told me as far you don't see it. You'll know but will not see it!"

When I came back, I was so happy ("transformed?") that she didn't say anything and told me that I can go whenever I need. Now I'm away a few days every quarter. And I also introduced a few "little" things in the house. A plushie in the bed, i sleep in a footed pajama (plain color), there are Pampers wipes in the toilets, I shave my diaper area, ... I'm less and less hiding this side of me and she don't say anything. In fact, we never ever talk about that.

To conclude (yep, sorry, a bit long also), what saved me was to talk about it in the early months of our relation. She never embraced it but she also never asked me to stop it. We are together since decades and no plan to break at all, we have lot of project for our future retirement!
I've made a lot of mistakes, mainly due to ignorance and would do the thing totally differently with the current knowledge but one thing is for sure, if I would have hided this part of me, we would not be together anymore. Now it's up to me to add more and more of my "little" side without hurting her. I also need one day to thank her to let me be what I am, more and more every year.
Yes! Thank her profusely! Make her know how special she is to you! I'm delighted that it's going well. I was not expecting a happy ending to a story that began that way, but I'm delighted!

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and LittleTyke
LittleTyke said:
I was just inspired to write this. Some will probably guess where the inspiration came from.

By now, even though I haven't been on board for very long, I have seen a multitude of posts along the line of "I waited XX years before telling my spouse...". And, more often than not, the post author is now in a dilemma, in trouble, divorced, or whatever not-so-positive situation. So I want to share my own experience, hopefully to help a few people who are not yet married with children. Can I save just one person from a very unhappy future, then this hasn't been in vain.

First of all: DO NOT get married (or get kids) before telling your partner about your kink(s). Some people might argue, that doing so would be immoral, because your partner would unknowingly be pulled into something they might not agree with. But that is not my point. This is for your own sake. What happens when they enventually find out, because you (finally) tell about it, or because they accidentally find your hidden stash? Are you willing to go through the crapstorm and flood of tears that is likely to erupt? And are you ready to lose a relationship that supposedly means something to you?

Granted, some partners turn out to be open-minded, which is a good thing. Or maybe it isn't really great if your partner sees it as a sort of sacrifice to let you diaper yourself, play baby, or whatver your kink is about. Maybe the partner only acts okay with it, to save the relationship. People are different.

Now, why do I write about this? Because I've been there myself, that's why.

My background: Mainly due to bullying in school, my self-esteem was between "low" and "zero" when I was a teen, as weel as in my twenties. I was awkwardly inconfident around women. I got my first girlfriend in my late twenties (!), and ended up marrying her a few years later. As soon as we began dating more seriously (before marriage), I told her about my fetish. I had been into diapers all my life, so it wasn't a new thing to me at all. Having a girlfriend was a new experience.

She flat out rejected my fetish, and would not hear of it. I wasn't allowed to indulge myself in my fetish. At all. I accepted this, because I didn't want to lose the only girlfriend I'd ever had. At times, I hate myself for this. I should have ended it, but I didn't know any better. And I can't change my past.

The first half decade, or so, went relatively fine. I could more or less keep my kink away in good times. But then things began to change. I don't know what happened "chemically", but when my wife got pregnant, she began to change. Just a little. When she had given birth, she changed more. And, years later, when our child began going to school, she had changed a lot more.

Before, we had an easy-going life. Now there were rules and schedules. Unspoken expectations, that resulted in scoldings when they weren't met. My still fragile self-esteem was shattered, and I was a complete push-over. Under the thumb. As an example, I was once scolded for not waking up by myself early enough (to her liking) in a weekend, when the alarm clocks weren't set, and we had no appointments. I was constantly walking on eggshells, afraid to say or do something wrong. Or even to do the correct things in the wrong order. And my fetish – my best coping mechanism – was no-go.

Needless to say, I was miserable. And I began revisiting my kink "under-cover", when I had the chance to do so. Did it feel good? Yeah, but not great, because I had to keep things hidden, so I couldn't really relax, even when trying to live out my kink. And at times I hated myself for being different.

To cut the painfully long story short, it ended in a divorce. Not because of my kink (I don't think that she ever discovered anything), but because neither of us could handle the hostility anymore. The main reason that I had kept going for far too long, was that I didn't believe that I was able to live on my own. That's how low my confidence had become. But some nice people I confided in gave me sufficient nudges to get out of the crappy and toxic marriage. I am forever grateful to them. 🙏

After I had moved to a new place, I immediately began looking for a girlfriend, as I still didn't believe that I could function on my own. Fun fact: Being desperate is not helpful on the dating scene. A few years went by, and my confidence grew. Slowly, but steadily. At one point, it had grown enough to be self-sustaining, self-strengthening, or whatever makes more sense. I got to know people, with and without kinks. I had sex with other women than my now ex-wife, which was an altogether new experience. All the women I was intimate with were told about my kink in advance. I didn't want to hide that anymore. A few saw me in diapers and baby clothes.

Eventually, it got to the point were I stopped searching. It occurred to me that I was living happily on my own, and it worked out fine! 👍

Half a year, or so, after I decided to quit searching for a partner, I began communicating with a woman, that eventually became my current girlfriend. I wasn't actually trying to date – I just commented on something she had written in a post somewhere. Three weeks after first contact, we met IRL. But most importantly: I told her about my kink before we even met!

We have now been together for nearly five years, and I've never felt better. My kink is no longer hidden (from my GF, that is), and nearly all my fetish stuff – diapers, baby clothes, toys and such – are neatly stored, and readily available, in a closet in the bedroom. Not hidden away in boxes in the attic or the basement. My wonderful GF expects me to live my kink as much as I feel like, and she occasionally participates in various ways.

This became much longer than I intended. Sorry about that.

I urge you to tell about your kinks in advance. Maybe not before the first IRL meeting, but at least well before you begin planning a wedding, or try to have kids. If they cannot accept your kink, then you must think long and hard about whether or not you can live without it. Do not get fooled by love (or what you might think is love, if you are as inexperienced as I was). It may be easier to ignore your special needs in the butterfly-woozey beginning of the relationship, but what happens when the endelss droning of Everyday hits? After five years? Ten? Fifteen? Will you be able to handle it then? Maybe, maybe not. I couldn't.

I will argue, that if your kink is a big and important part of you, and a person cannot accept that, then that person is not a potential partner for you. Please! Save yourself from future misery.
Hear the words of wisdom!

Reactions: LittleTyke, Happy2BeInNappies2, Edgewater and 1 other person
I have to say that I'm fortunate in the fact that I had an excepting partner for my first SO and he let me explore a lot, but I can say that I have made the mistake of not telling some of my boyfriends (it was a pain to hide my need for little time) after my first SO died. I'm glad sites like Fetlife exist because it is easier to find someone that right off the bat is supportive of my little and dipper kink.

Reactions: LittleTyke and PadPhilosopher
LuckyBear said:
I have to say that I'm fortunate in the fact that I had an excepting partner for my first SO and he let me explore a lot, but I can say that I have made the mistake of not telling some of my boyfriends (it was a pain to hide my need for little time) after my first SO died. I'm glad sites like Fetlife exist because it is easier to find someone that right off the bat is supportive of my little and dipper kink.
I found my second wife on a dating site that focuses quite a bit on kinks (mainly BDSM), making it much easier to spot who is open to something different, and who is not.

Thank goodness for the Internet. It has opened a much larger world for introverts, people with kinks, and other folks that don't simply meet potential partners in bars and at parties.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
By the way – I realized that I ought to clear up a minor inconsistency: My second girlfriend, that I mentioned in the original post, has since become my wife.

• Love
Reactions: Subtlerustle and PadPhilosopher
Back