A slip downward?

cdory

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Back Pain is stable, I have had a pre surg physical, and it’s looking hell frooze over and medicaid may approve back surgery (I ant counting in it) life is ok.. Until around 2ish today when I felt damp suddenly, I realized I was leaking small liitle spurts for what seemed like forever, I was expecting a flood and got a barely wet diaper instead. Worst of all it happened again later, i go pee rediaper 5 minutes later same as above. I can’t shake the feeling I’m loosing control and capacity and it will be to late for it to be reversed. BTW its a really weird feeling wetness, only to realize your actively wetting with no control or feeling urine in the urethra.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Pino
My incon is caused by a bone spur in my spine I would NEVER want to willingly have or cause these issues. It was a significant blow to my moral to experenice 2 such sudden wettings. I do try to use the toilet as I’m trying to hang on to hope that after surgery I can keep my control, which is why I mentioned brief removal. Think about it, I’m 40 years old and now I can’t trust my self to stay dry, if thats not a blow to ones self that what is? Its the oh crap please don’t be forever feeling. Sorry for any confusion..

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
The one thing that will happen, you will come to terms with it. A spur gives you a shot at a better outcome.
You may never have to wear again.
I lost 4 discs, fractured L4 and knicked the sheath that covers the spinal cord. 15 years later I’m still mobile as long as I don’t over do it.
If I’m lucky I feel the warmth or dampness, on a bad day I don’t notice until my wet pants are showing.
Good luck with your outcome.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Been 24/7, U-IC since I was 29 and now that I am 75, I have long ago come to accepting wearing diapers as part of my life. Not easy, not fun, but I have and still am living a full and active life. Self acceptance is the key! Understanding that diapers allow one to be out and about helps greatly.

With great hope, your surgery will be fully successful!

If not, know that you are not alone!

Reactions: CptKirk, PaddedPonyboy, slimjiminy and 3 others
I have been incontinent and in nappies all the time for 11 years now. It gets easier and more manageable as time goes on. I gradually found out what worked for me and now it is not a big deal..

Reactions: Napincolove, cdory and Edgewater
Wetshisbed said:
I have been incontinent and in nappies all the time for 11 years now. It gets easier and more manageable as time goes on. I gradually found out what worked for me and now it is not a big deal..
I found out the first product I don’t like, and then one I found out I’d better not be without*; so it’s interesting you should mention that. But yea it really isn’t that big of deal, and I’m accepting it more daily. If the surgery fixes it great, if not I don’t mind the attends, so I suppose I could live with it if I had absolutely had to.

Back