500,000 Nvidia GPUs recently found

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

Half a million 3000 series Nvidia cards were recently discovered in a mislabeled Cargo container due to someone failing to correctly mark it for shipment

Which resulted in it being declared lost for months, hopefully for anyone looking to get one of these cards it will make it much easier

TillamookMMX said:
Wow. That’s dumb
Not only that, but I'm sure it made GPU scalping much easier as Scalpers had a lot less to buy up to control the market to force consumers to choose to go without or pay way above retail, so a $500 GPU might be sold at $800, the $700 would be $1000 and the $1500 would probably be $2000+

Last edited:
TillamookMMX said:
You know that somebody bought a RTX 3090 for $70,000 just before Christmas right?
I hope not, if I had considered paying that much, I would find a high end pre-built for way less, buy that and take it apart and part it out

If that wasn't an option, I'd simply wait, because $70,000 for a $1500 GPU is insane

Mind you I think $1500 on a single GPU is already crazy, but $70,000? That's like Loony Bin crazy

So the 500k gpus is a fake story, sadly. It would have been nice to have an influx of cards.

As for the $70k 3080 sold, I'm willing to bet that there isn't really a story there either. As soon as the scalper problem was noticed, people started writing bots to continously bid up the prices with no intent to buy. My guess is that is all that happened.

Reactions: ShippoFox
Technologic said:
So the 500k gpus is a fake story, sadly. It would have been nice to have an influx of cards.

As for the $70k 3080 sold, I'm willing to bet that there isn't really a story there either. As soon as the scalper problem was noticed, people started writing bots to continously bid up the prices with no intent to buy. My guess is that is all that happened.

Well that sucks that the 500,000 found was a sick joke

And yeah, makes sense that nobody would actually pay $70,000 for a $700 card as worst case scenario you could probably find a pre-build system with one for way less than that and part it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back