Worst allergies ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Idk why but sometimes I have the worst allergies, on some days for unknown reasons I just start sneezing, trying to stop sneezing seems like it isn't gonna help; so I sneeze the whole day and then the next day my whole body aches.

Today is one of those days, trying to get 3 stars on Mario Kart but I keep sneezing, body aches, I have a headache, and i cant concentrate properly.

But at least I have off until Wednesday.

Hay Fever perhaps?

If you have body aches along with the sneezing, you may be getting a cold. I've had allergies all my life and springtime is the worst for me. There are at least two to three weeks that I'm really miserable. I take Benedryl which seems to help.

Idk what it is but it doesn't seem to have any Rhyme/Reason to it, I've had the same allergy attacks in cold weather, hot weather, any time of year regardless of if I have even went outside my house.

I stopped sneezing for a short time, then got up from a nap and started sneezing again.

Have you considered indoor air pollutants like common dust or even dust mites?

Slomo said:
Have you considered indoor air pollutants like common dust or even dust mites?

Idk, it could be nearly anything AFAIK, I just know since I'm over the allergies (for now) ; it probably wont happen for a while, which is good because it was so bad my nerves were even messed up and I had to be careful how I moved around to limited the radiating pain I was in.

As a kid I was allergic to everything (enough to get flu-like symptoms, blotches, swellings and asthma, but nothing life-threatening). I had a course of injections as a kid and have "outgrown" a lot of the allergies, so they're mostly eliminated (or a lot less severe now).

I'd often stay at people's houses and find that my allergic symptoms (like hayfever) would flare up, and I'd occasionally get chest infections. I always put that down to them having cats, or not dusting properly.

When my mum got ill and died, I went into a full on anxiety-driven breakdown and my allergies got much worse. I avoided visiting people and moaned about my allergies, and they went out of their way to make sure the place was pet-free, dust-free, etc. And I still suffered worse than ever. After a week at my sisters, I was nearly hospitalised with pleurisy and pneumonia. I was ill for three weeks, aching all over, taking powerful antibiotics.

ANYWAY... My psychotherapist was talking about how asthma and allergies are auto-immune diseases, and how (surprisingly) they're correlated with anxiety... And he obliquely implied that perhaps my "allergic reactions" were due to my psychological anxiety. I thought he was nuts! He was effectively saying that "it's all in my mind!" and yet it was OBVIOUS that the symptoms were real, whatever the cause, and I refused to believe him!

However... he was incredibly effective in helping me overcome my anxiety... and over the next year or so as it reduced further, I noticed that it was taking longer for the "allergic reactions" to appear... Eventually I was able to relax and actually enjoy visiting other people... and when I was happy and relaxed, the allergies vanished completely. I've now become confident enough to stroke the cats that were always banished from the houses I was visiting... and I'm still not getting ill/anxious/allergies.

I really wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it myself, but... Is it possible that you might be more stressed/anxious than usual, and that that might be contributing to the severity of your reactions?

Anxiety is basically a prolonged and mis-guided "fight or flight" response, where your brain goes into overdrive trying to figure out how to save your life. It involves putting your brain, heart and muscles into "performance" mode, at the cost of other biological processes such as general maintenance/repair. So, I guess it makes sense that anxiety leaves you more susceptible to illness/allergies, etc.

I don't even know if you experience anxiety. So maybe none of this applies to you, but I just thought I'd throw in a few thoughts in case it helps you or anyone else....

I cant say it is impossible as I have been stressed out and anxious plenty of times in my life and I haven't been in the best mental health since I started recieving papers from a debt collector (about a balance I owe from when I had a credit card and was using it; which they effectively forced me into agreeing to pay a settlement on; because they were about to go to the local court, have a judge sign papers, and then I would be paying a lot of interest above what I actually charged, part of that is due to fraudulent activity involving stuff I never asked for, was sent and charged for, and never recieved ; that I report as such and the credit card company basically said "screw you pay me" ) over a month ago.

I'm still anxious about it and it still ruins my mood as there is many more ways I could better use $1500 than to pay some @hole debt collector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back