Tranquility ATN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wear a small? I'm a 30" waist and I wear a medium, that's interesting. Where do you tape? I just tape the legs snug and the tops tight and I'm set with these mediums.

PadsnPullups said:
Hi Sententeki:
You might have misread my post. I was saying that they "run" small, meaning they fit smaller than the literature states. I tried a medium and even though the package said it would fit a 32-44" waist/hip it was way too small for me even though my waist is 40" and my hips are 42".

I would second that. 40ish hips are a bit anoying because you're at the extreme end of most mediums, and even the ones marked to go as high as 44 won't fit. (can't get the lower tapes around to the front) So I know I have to go large on almost everything. There are a few brands of medium that still barely fit me, but really when you consider how close it gets, it's simpler to just go large and stop trying to remember which few you can order in medium, and get used to ALL your diapers fitting a bit large. KISS rule.

For reasons I can't fathom, diaper makers seem to think that the measurements they post on the package are supposed to be interpreted NOT as waist size (aka what you look for when measuring pants) but instead on HIP size. HIP size almost always runs 3-8" larger than waist. (otherwise a belt woiuld never be able to keep your pants up! nor would diaper tapes be able to keep your diaper up, your hips must be wider than your waist where the top tape goes) But they continue to market them by hip size, and people measure their waist, buy, and then wonder why they don't fit.

Women tend to be harder hit by this, because they biologically have wider hips, and many diet too much and end up with an unusually narrow waist.

There's also the "up and around" problem in the front. When you pull the front panel up and stretch it around your hips, you're very likely to see the top of the wing get farther toward your back than the front, because the lowers are being pulled in a bit due to the diaper having to narrow in your crotch. This adds yet another 2-5" needed to fasten the lower tapes.

The end result is that for an X" waist, you can probably only comfortably fit in a diaper up to a maximum size of (X-7)", give or take a bit.

Oh ok, yeah I did misread it. I was like wow people must have really different opinions on how tight they like their diapers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back