Looking for recommendations

perlFerret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
This is yet another "recommend me a diaper" thread.

My stash is low and I'm looking to replenish.

I have two separate areas of need:

The first is a daytime ABDL diaper. I like prints. Don't need gigantic absorbency but I do want good leak prevention.

The second is a nighttime diaper. I pee a LOT at night and tend to sleep on my side or stomach. I have used Tykables Overnight, Bambino Bellissimo, Rearz Safari, and NorthShore MegaMax. Of those, only NorthShore MegaMax has never leaked on me while side sleeping. (FTR, I have male parts if that factors into anything.)

So what's everyone's preference? I'm not IC and don't normally wet in my sleep, so rolling over onto my back to pee is a-ok with me.

perlFerret said:
The first is a daytime ABDL diaper. I like prints. Don't need gigantic absorbency but I do want good leak prevention.

crinklz/etc have more capacity than you probably need, but their prints are pretty hard to beat and their standing leak guars are impossible to beat. Northshore now carries them too.

The second is a nighttime diaper. I pee a LOT at night and tend to sleep on my side or stomach. I have used Tykables Overnight, Bambino Bellissimo, Rearz Safari, and NorthShore MegaMax. Of those, only NorthShore MegaMax has never leaked on me while side sleeping. (FTR, I have male parts if that factors into anything.)

You've already hit most of my short list for high capacity overnight diapers with what you've already been using. You can either mix up the prints on models you're already used to, (like InspireInControl instead of safari) or try some of the few remaining options you haven't explored yet, such as ABU's space/paws/simple, Little Monsters, or my personal favorite: Little Rascals. While these tend to also have amazing prints, they're too thick to be practical during the day unless you absolutely need huge capacity. (and the cost is of course going to be higher than a more lightweight daytime diaper)

TBH, I'm a bit surprised that you don't have leaking issues if you are a stomach-sleeper that wets what I would consider 'a lot'. I know I can wet most "high capacity" diapers to the back edge of the padding, and can take "ultra high capacity" diapers to within a few inches of the back edge, and there's just no way they wouldn't overflow me by morning if I tried to lay on my stomach all night long.

bambinod said:
TBH, I'm a bit surprised that you don't have leaking issues if you are a stomach-sleeper that wets what I would consider 'a lot'. I know I can wet most "high capacity" diapers to the back edge of the padding, and can take "ultra high capacity" diapers to within a few inches of the back edge, and there's just no way they wouldn't overflow me by morning if I tried to lay on my stomach all night long.

I don't usually wet laying on my stomach and try not to laying on my side. I usually flip over onto my back to pee at night. Sometimes if I'm super sleepy, I'll roll over onto my side while peeing. :p Rarely full over onto my stomach as that tends to jolt me awake when I feel pee north of a certain line.

- - - Updated - - -

So here's my list of possibilities:

Night:
Bambino Bellissimo
Bambino Magnfico
Tykables Overnight
Rearz Safari
Nappies R Us Little Rascals
Crinklz Original
ABUniverse PeekABU
ABUniverse LittlePawz

Day:
Bambino Teddy
Bambino Classico
Tykables Waddler
ABUniverse Preschool Cloth-Backed
ABUniverse Preschool Plastic
ABUniverse Cushies
ABUniverse SuperDry Kids
ABUniverse Kiddo

If I'm going for variety and cost-effectiveness based on my criteria, how should I proceed? Also, how much should I order at a time? I use maybe 2-4 per week (I only wear for fun) but I can store lots. Thanks!

For overnight performance with prints you can't beat Crinklz. I made them my daytime diaper too, but I'm incontinent. If you're looking for a lower capacity diaper but still with prints then ABU or Bambino is good.

Thanks, Slomo.

Right now it's between Bambino Teddy, ABU Preschool, and Tykables Waddlers for daytime.

I absolutely love ABUniverse as a company and love their diapers too, so I think you cant go wrong with anything they have, my favorite is PeekABU, but they have been out of stock of size Large for a longtime and no clue when they will restock, I also like Little Pawz, BareBums, and Kiddos, all of which are pretty high capacity and could work for Overnight diapers if you dont need anything extreme.

I usually stuff my diapers anyways (usually with Dollar General Sleep pants, it takes a little work, but they do a good job of boosting absorbency) and find the better ABUniverse diapers are pretty close to as good as PeekABU when you use a booster or stuffer

2 tab diapers can kinda be tricky to figure out how to get the best fit when you are used to the 4 tape diapers, but if you can get a good fit I would highly reccomend Kiddos, if you haven't tried the 2 tape diapers before you probably should order samples to test for sizing and fit.

Back